[Albion] Potter IN or OUT - 10 January poll

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Potter IN or OUT

• Total voters

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We’re certainly going through a long stretch of poor form, I’m not sure if replacing him would improve things or not personally. Not my call anyway so I’ll back him whilst he’s here.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Amazing performance watching all those off-target shots whistle past his post

I give up, you win

I predict that the 40 in and 50 out current poll will swing to more in than out once the non knee jerkers arrive on this thread, feel free to bounce

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Out... looks like the players are not engaged,... they all look miserable, they need some inspiration.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'm not going to vote as i'm emotional after a dreadful performance.

Huge improvements needed.

Potter needs to show he can get players to improve.

I don't think we should sack him, but personally I don't think he can complain if he is sacked

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Out... looks like the players are not engaged,... they all look miserable, they need some inspiration.

Bollocks (imo) those players were bloody desperate to win and were possibly trying too hard. That was absolutely not a team who have given up on their manager.

That will disappoint quite a few of you I think

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Potter’s fault that a nothing cross led to Steele’s error? No.

Potter's fault that our tactics and play were so woeful we left ourselves vulnerable to a late error by our second (more likely third if not for the Ryan shunning) choice keeper? Yes.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Potter’s fault that a nothing cross led to Steele’s error? No.

Yes.

It is

Potter picks the team and could have picked a keeper who hasn't made that sort of error in years of being in the first team, but he is sticking to his wierd, you're either first or third thing

NorthLainer

Aug 12, 2011
Now available in Hove
I wonder if Leeds and WBA feel the same? If you DEMAND we win, then yes you are entitled

It’s the FA Cup, anything can happen and occasionally does, we got out of jail. Love it

I was entertained, that’s good enough for me

What exactly were you entertained by??? It was like watching a South Wales footballing version of the Battle of the Somme!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yes.

It is

Potter picks the team and could have picked a keeper who hasn't made that sort of error in years of being in the first team, but he is sticking to his wierd, you're either first or third thing

I’ll go with thank **** Ryan wasn’t in goal. Steele made a couple of errors, accepted, he made at least one great save and saved four penalties. Tough crowd or what

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Can we can blame Potter for the MOTM performance of their keeper? If so I’m joining the OUT camp

Yep, you’re right.

This is just a freakish result.

Like the last one and the last one and the last one and the last one and the last one...

Sadly, based on results I have to vote Out. I can only vote based on the evidence of the results.

I think GP looks a beaten man too and if we were not in the midst of a pandemic I reckon TB may have made a change.

Hopefully Johnson will pause professional football and give us all a break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Not sure what people were expecting. Newport’s record in the cup games against prem opposition is very good. We dominated play on a ploughed field and their keeper made two very good saves. Personally I thought it was a decent away performance against a very dangerous lower league opposition.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What exactly were you entertained by??? It was like watching a South Wales version of the Battle of the Somme!

OK I was VERY frustrated during the game and especially on the equaliser but the penalty shoot out was fecking gripping and the result was fan bloody tastic. The magic of the FA Cup lives on, Newport did themselves proud

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Players have gone backwards

Confidence looks shot to pieces

Tactics?

We’ve crumbelled defensively

Up front it’s abysmal - not all Potters fault that we are playing a Swiss striker who looks like he need time on loan at Newport.

Potter will not turn this around. I believe we have some good players, that need to be supplemented, but are being coached poorly by someone way out of their depth.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
A question.

With the same Summer 20 and Jan 21 (so far) transfer budget of £1m, would eg Steve Gerrard or Sean Dyche have delivered a load more wins for us this season?

I haven’t a clue, but I do have this horrible inkling that by EPL standards, our squad has glaring deficiencies.

Passing isn’t one of them.
Passing is appalling.... virtually the only passes that go to our own players, are the back passes.... maybe that's why we do it so much.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yep, you’re right.

This is just a freakish result.

Like the last one and the last one and the last one and the last one and the last one...

Sadly, based on results I have to vote Out. I can only vote based on the evidence of the results.

I think GP looks a beaten man too and if we were not in the midst of a pandemic I reckon TB may have made a change.

Hopefully Johnson will pause professional football and give us all a break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough, we all have an opinion and none of us know who is right or wrong. I was so so so CH out by the end of his tenure that I totally get anyone who feels the same about Potter. I am enjoying Albion under Potter but this is without a doubt the most frustrating season I have ever watched but I still have faith in what Potter is doing here. Certainly doesn’t mean I am right to want him to stay as manager though.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
So Steele had done homework on the penalty takers. Anything to do with Mr Potter or will the dullards just blame poor Graham for Steele’s horrifying error in the final second of normal time?

I would imagine it has nothing to do with Potter and but all to do with Ben Roberts. I can’t blame Potter for Steele’s errors but he did pick him. I can blame Potter for yet another dreadful performance and another 90 mins without a win!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports