Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter IN or OUT - 10 January poll

Potter IN or OUT

• Total voters

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Very good post. Thought provoking points [emoji106]. I would only take umbrage with this though: “Tonight we should have won at a canter”.

This is the FA cup. If that was the case there’d never be giant killings. Bielsaball should have beaten Crawley at a canter, it didn’t. It’s classic, dodgy pitch, small team gets an upset.

Truth be told we played ok. But same old story. Can’t take our chances. Even Percy had a great opportunity and skyed it. We gave it away at the end too.

The team play with no confidence you can clearly see it . Maupay being the worse . Void of any idea in the last third week in week out .That comes from the manager to motivate, ideas , to install belief , passion there is none of anything . There is no way we are getting out of this situation this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I don't disagree with any of that, what I would say is that not that long ago a bit further West from us Southampton fans were demanding their manager was sacked after an abhorrent home result against Leicester and look where they are now.

I think we are going through a very bad patch, however, we are not doomed to be relegated yet and we have the players to get us through this and out the other side.

The only not so good thing is that we aren't really progressing as much as everyone would have hoped, but this may change.
Southampton signed the prolific Danny Ings we signed Missbeck and some chump from the Swiss league, but carry on if you think it was all genius management. Saints hardly win without Ings playing which might be an indicator.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It’s all very Jimmy Case, the body language from GP right now, he looks a bit lost at times - in thought, space and all meaning ... it’s hard to find a reason to cheer, as we are seemingly adrift, deep down on the upside.

The tide has turned, I fear we’re slowly to be wrecked upon a stormy sea of mediocrity, with GP grasping for a holy idol to bring us fortune.

Man, when the bread was fresh dripping with honey - the nectar of the Gods indeed, but it’s winter now and the loaf is stale ... I find it unpalatable, sure it provides basic nutrients but I’m dying a death of one thousand bitter cuts... slowly my life ebbs in the river of bittersweet regrets.

Fence.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It’s all very Jimmy Case, the body language from GP right now, he looks a bit lost at times - in thought, space and all meaning ... it’s hard to find a reason to cheer, as we are seemingly adrift, deep down on the upside.

The tide has turned, I fear we’re slowly to be wrecked upon a stormy sea of mediocrity, with GP grasping for a holy idol to bring us fortune.

Man, when the bread was fresh dripping with honey - the nectar of the Gods indeed, but it’s winter now and the loaf is stale ... I find it unpalatable, sure it provides basic nutrients but I’m dying a death of one thousand bitter cuts... slowly my life ebbs on a tide of bittersweet regrets.

Fence.

Strange that I see no comparison between GP and JC at all ....ive no poetry to add to this

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Strange that I see no comparison between GP and JC at all ....ive no poetry to add to this

Perhaps my wild reference is off, like a distant de-tuned radio ... crackle, pop, Morse code dot ... arghhhhhhh but am I permitted my fettered (shackled to my narrow prison wall) opinion ? It’s my own, my very own ramble of the mind... after all, a view behelden is entirely in the eye of the beholder. . . Me, should I justify my every electric thought, not I, alas too eclectic is this house.

Hark ! I hear them sing ... of yonder hills and distant streams.

To better days and kinder things. Yes.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I'm still fence. Last night we created enough chances to win by three or four. We looked comfortable on the ball until we got in or around the penalty area. Can you blame Potter for the woeful performances of Maupay and Trossard.

We desperately need Lamptey, Lallana and Welbeck back and fit and not necessarily a change of manager.

The fact that we created the chances (and do so in most matches) is a massive plus-point. In all honesty I was prepared for a loss last night. Dodgy pitch, decent lower league opposition with an excellent recent record against EPL sides, and us in relatively poor form. Look at Leeds - completely outclassed by Crawley! Look at West Brom - lost to Blackpool (and allowed Blackpool more shots than them!). It wasn't pretty, but most Premier League teams would have found it tricky last night.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Perhaps my wild reference is off, like a distant de-tuned radio ... crackle, pop, Morse code dot ... arghhhhhhh but am I permitted my fettered (shackled to my narrow prison wall) opinion ? It’s my own, my very own ramble of the mind... after all, a view behelden is entirely in the eye of the beholder. . . Me, should I justify my every electric thought, not I, alas too eclectic is this house.

Hark ! I hear them sing ... of yonder hills and distant streams.

To better days and kinder things. Yes.

I found the rest of the post entertaining :D

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
It's unfair to judge Potter on last night, FA cup games are hardly a good indicator of where we are as a team.
However our form this season is deteriorating and something needs to change. I expect nothing from City, except a beating. Less than three points against Fulham and Leeds will leave us in a perilous position.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
NSC is starting to look a bit nauseating with all the attacks on Potter

It’s depressing isn’t it? But I take heart from the poll which demonstrates that a significant majority are still Potter Inners. It’s hard to make calm, rational argument though, when faced with such negative hysteria, which is why this thread is skewed to make it appear that almost everyone wants Potter out. In my eyes, we played a good, famously “giant killing” team, on a practically impossible to play on pitch, and won. It was one of the most stressful Albion displays I’d ever watched (I’m a relative newbie btw), and all is not rosy in the garden yet. But we won, and I’m looking forward to tonight’s draw.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
The fact that we created the chances (and do so in most matches) is a massive plus-point. In all honesty I was prepared for a loss last night. Dodgy pitch, decent lower league opposition with an excellent recent record against EPL sides, and us in relatively poor form. Look at Leeds - completely outclassed by Crawley! Look at West Brom - lost to Blackpool (and allowed Blackpool more shots than them!). It wasn't pretty, but most Premier League teams would have found it tricky last night.

Totally agree a win is a win in the cup, with reference to the pitch I always think it's the same for both sides but we still can't forget how lightweight we are up front. This is probably my biggest complaint we have had enough opportunities to address the lack of goals but not found the right man. Is the Potter's fault of the board?

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
People are entitled to an opinion of course they are and its possible they are right. What I've let to see from anybody Potter out is a coherent reason why and more importantly a tangible alternative? What exactly is Potter doing wrong with this group of players? Who would you appoint who would do better? The laughable poll that offered alternatives suggests Swansman should get it or trailing in 3rd place Eddie Howe, a manager who managed to get relegated last season with a much bigger budget and a better strikeforce!

I have no problem with a rational discussion no one can be entirely happy with where we are right now but ranting like a demented 5 year old about Potter is shit or we're headed to League One just makes you come across as a knob. The other suggestion at the time that did make me laugh was Pochettino, now if in some other mad parallel universe he was available and willing to come to Brighton then I'd be Potter out too because that would be as close to a guarantee as you can get that things would improve. Without a viable and better alternative the argument to replace Potter is flawed and a poll after each match is going to just produce similar results each time.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
People are entitled to an opinion of course they are and its possible they are right. What I've let to see from anybody Potter out is a coherent reason why and more importantly a tangible alternative? What exactly is Potter doing wrong with this group of players? Who would you appoint who would do better? The laughable poll that offered alternatives suggests Swansman should get it or trailing in 3rd place Eddie Howe, a manager who managed to get relegated last season with a much bigger budget and a better strikeforce!

I have no problem with a rational discussion no one can be entirely happy with where we are right now but ranting like a demented 5 year old about Potter is shit or we're headed to League One just makes you come across as a knob. The other suggestion at the time that did make me laugh was Pochettino, now if in some other mad parallel universe he was available and willing to come to Brighton then I'd be Potter out too because that would be as close to a guarantee as you can get that things would improve. Without a viable and better alternative the argument to replace Potter is flawed and a poll after each match is going to just produce similar results each time.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Although the Potter ins can’t give a valid reason for one home win a year I’ve asked many times just to be ignored. With a 30k home crowd getting increasingly frustrated at poor results I would be surprised if Potter would still be the manager of BHA. Covid has saved him more than once since his appointment.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
Although the Potter ins can’t give a valid reason for one home win a year I’ve asked many times just to be ignored. With a 30k home crowd getting increasingly frustrated at poor results I would be surprised if Potter would still be the manager of BHA. Covid has saved him more than once since his appointment.

Lord help us if the crowd, or worse NSC, get to decide who the head coach is! As of now thats TB and long may it remain so.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex

But there are plenty of arguments or reasons why people think he should stay, you just don't think they are valid or you have just ignored them too. No-one will convince you otherwise until we start winning home games - this is what makes it an increasingly depressing and pointless debate anymore. Some of us think we can see indicators that are encouraging, that suggest we are frustratingly close to making us a very good PL side and in that context are very happy to let GP carry on to see that progress develop. You and others don't. Your point about the crowd suggests that TB would defer to the mob - I am not sure he would and I really hope he doesn't. If the recent polls were representative of the 30k Amex crowd, there would be 40% minority howling at every misplaced pass, groaning at missed opportunities, yelling apoplectically at whichever player they feel typifies their perspective : currently that would Ali J, BDB, Webster (?) Solly (?). I for one don't miss that element or characteristic of our home support.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here