Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter arguably worse than Hyypia

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Ask yourself honestly why either Hyypiä or Potter would be given the Albion gig in the first place - apart from maybe being the pounshop option. Just maybe ask yourself what that short list of three candidates must 'of' looked like...

well, you tell us

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Huge numbers of Clevor Trevors who will sometime in the future crow about the ones they were right about while remaining strangely quiet about the ones they were wrong about :shrug:

and you've never entertained the possibility that you may be wrong, when the albion are 6th?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Never. We might never win another game. We might win the league. Gloating is an ugly and dangerous thing to do.

it might not necessarily be gloating, it maybe; this bloke knows what he's doing, which is obvious to see on the pitch, so even if we lose four on the bounce, it will probably come good. there are no certanties in football, or anything else

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Which begs the question. If it was that obvious to you, why wait until now to make your point? You could have pointed out the error of his ways to the OP back in December 2020, when he posted this.

I don't have a problem with old thread bounces, in fact I quite enjoy them, although some of the rebukes can get a bit personal. When things aren't going well, it is easy to put the boot in. If you are prepared to do that, you need to be prepared for when your words are thrown back at you. Interesting thing here is that the thread starter just made some interesting points of comparison.

lots of people made the point at the time, not everyone has the time to read every post made on here

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When EXACTLY was this, out of interest? The records are all that matter, and Glenn Murray's returns in league games, in his first spell were unfailingly impressive:

07/08 9 in 21 (L1)
08/09 11 in 23 (L1)
09/10 12 in 31 (L1)
10/11 22 in 42 (L1)

then on his return

16/17 23 in 45 (Champ)
17/18 12 in 35 (PL)
18/19 13 in 38 (PL)

I'll guess you'll counter, that your nonsense moniker referred to goals against chances (rather than appearances) :shrug:
No idea what the actual stats are there, or even what is actually a reasonable return on that metric. What I do know, is that whatever it is, Murray's record will stand up against all but the very best.

Note, the lack of reply.

Damn you and your facts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here