Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter & £323 million of talent into a 33 man squad.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
After Chelsea and Hove Albion have spent millions of ?talent?
I can really forsee he's going to have serious issues, keeping all of the players happy.
I don't think he's cut out for this and I really don't have any sympathy for him.
After Fernandez landed at Farnborough, they're going to need a bigger airport.

Not going to open up old wounds, but just saying..........:lolol:

Last edited:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
OK so 33 man in the squad. Are these all old enough to need to be named, or has he had to cut senior players out of the 25 man squad? If so, i'd think it's manageable.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
OK so 33 man in the squad. Are these all old enough to need to be named, or has he had to cut senior players out of the 25 man squad? If so, i'd think it's manageable.
+ the new signings.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The issue for me isn't keeping people happy because we know Potter likes to tinker with lineups and play people in different positions. It's almost a given that one of the prima donnas will throw a sulk. It's "return on investment". How soon will Boehly really tolerate bad results for given that outlay? We all know our Graham has a bad patch in him.

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The issue for me isn't keeping people happy because we know Potter likes to tinker with lineups and play people in different positions. It's almost a given that one of the prima donna's will throw a sulk. It's "return on investment". How soon will Boehly really tolerate bad results for given that outlay? We all know our Graham has a bad patch in him.
I'm guessing it all depends on who wants to play in either PL or CL.
CL is more glamorous v the best clubs
PL is the normal day job.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
33 players but how many of those are currently out injured.
If they go deep in the CL then the two games a week will ensure players are given adequate playing time to keep them happy,

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bu88er keeping the players happy! On their wages he's entitled to make them as miserable as possible! He needs to keep Boehly happy.

Trouble for him is the fans - they won't be happy whatever happens next, and when their whining reaches a certain decibel level, Boehly won't be happy. Trouble did I say? - not really. His retirement package is enough to make the most miserable sod in the world happy!

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Has he got everyone wearing name badges….so many to remember

This came up on a social media feed as their new team bus which i found quite amusing

Attachments

• 7F2CA012-639F-4B90-8017-1B6FDBAFD95E.jpeg
    7F2CA012-639F-4B90-8017-1B6FDBAFD95E.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 101

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Apparently, the Chelsea hierarchy are very relaxed about writing off this season, according to Jacob Steinberg, who does seem to be a mouthpiece for Chelsea.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The issue for me isn't keeping people happy because we know Potter likes to tinker with lineups and play people in different positions. It's almost a given that one of the prima donnas will throw a sulk. It's "return on investment". How soon will Boehly really tolerate bad results for given that outlay? We all know our Graham has a bad patch in him.
I get the impression the owner will tolerate no trophies this season. But there will need to be quite a few bums off seats in the summer. Plodder wants his own players now he's at a club with the money to buy them. Then as you imply, the big test will have to be faced - can Plodder avoid the runs of shitty results that punctuated our otherwise seamless segue from the U-bend formation under Hughton into the smooth but goal-shy operation we became?

Edit: see post 13 from the ebullient @willalbion

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Bu88er keeping the players happy! On their wages he's entitled to make them as miserab;e as possible! He needs to keep Boehly happy.

Trouble for him is the fans - they won't be happy whatever happens next, and when their whining reaches a certain decibel level, Boehly won't be happy. Trouble did I say? - not really. His retirement package is enough to make the most miserable sod in the world happy!
with his retirement package I don’t think he will have the need to join in on our thread and worry on how much his state pension will pay him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here