Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
Karl Robinson
Gianfranco Zola
Steve Coppell (although I would worry about his commitment)

I would be happy with any of those four to be honest. I would have said Di Matteo but I think he will get a mid prem job at some point.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'm 110% behind this......IF....the situation arises. I don't think Gus is going where for 2 reasons. Firstly because despite all the amazing work he has done here he has a very very over rated opinion of himself. That League 1 promotion coupled with the fact he is a 'big name' should now guarantee him a top four Prem club as his next move. Plus the fact even the likes of Villa would prefer someone with at least some premiership management experience.

I think Gus is far more realistic than this suggests, and i don't think he has ever said this. Doesn't he frequently intimate that he has a lot to learn?

Implying he would only want to move to Chelsea or Spurs, for example, isn't saying he thinks he would walk in to those jobs if they came up. I would think he is well aware that it would not be likely until he has much more of a track record.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
I'm 110% behind this......IF....the situation arises. I don't think Gus is going where for 2 reasons. Firstly because despite all the amazing work he has done here he has a very very over rated opinion of himself. That League 1 promotion coupled with the fact he is a 'big name' should now guarantee him a top four Prem club as his next move. Plus the fact even the likes of Villa would prefer someone with at least some premiership management experience.

I think Gus is far more realistic than this suggests, and i don't think he has ever said this. Doesn't he frequently intimate that he has a lot to learn?

Implying he would only want to move to Chelsea or Spurs, for example, isn't saying he thinks he would walk in to those jobs if they came up. I would think he is well aware that it would not be likely until he has much more of a track record.

I never said he would move there, hence me saying he will move at some point but if you heard him taking after winning his manager award earlier this season he mentions those 2 clubs and not for the first time. He thinks he's management gold and whilst he has done well here he has a lot to learn. A lot

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I don't think too many fans would dislike us with Solskjaer in charge. Except Leicester, after all the goals he scored against them (came off the bench to score a hattrick against them I think!).

Came off the bench to score four against Forest when United beat them 8-1 in 98-99, if I remember rightly

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Came off the bench to score four against Forest when United beat them 8-1 in 98-99, if I remember rightly

I'm sure he did it against Leicester too?

Had a look and can't find anything to support my claim, but you are on the money, he did indeed score 4 of United's 8. :bowdown:

Also, anyone talking about Paolo Di Canio;
Swindon Town | News | Latest | Latest | Club Statement: Jonathan Tehoue

I don't think he's racist, but, like Gus, I think he's prone to saying things which are deemed inappropriate in our society. As I said earlier in the thread, a manager represents a club and whilst Paolo might be a good enough manager, I really don't think he's a man worthy of leading our club.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

I remember that because Big Ron was manager of Forest at the time and when he saw Solskjaer warming up he claimed he said to Fergie "Do you have to?" or something along those lines.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Actually, a very sensible suggestion. Keegan has had three full seasons as manager of non-Premier League clubs. In each of those seasons, his sides have all comfortably won the League title. OK, so he's lacks the tactical nous to be an international manager, but I'd be confident he would bring us the Championship title at a canter if he was our boss.

This, if Keegan's heart was in it he would be a great choice in this division. So he came up short on the highest stage of all, so what. What does that prove?..So has almost every other manager that has managed England. At least Keegan had the balls to front up and admit he wasn't up to it. At this level he would be fantastic....Attack,attack, attack!!!

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Before you start, No I don't think Gus is going anywhere and I'm hoping he doesn't either. I'm just interested in who you'd think are realistic replacements for Gus.

I personally think we may lower the budget a bit and give Oatway a chance.

Realistic Targets for me.

Lee Clark
Karl Robinson
Alex McGleish (wages would be quite a bit I should imagine)
Michael Appleton
Ray Wilkins

Please don't ever mention these 2 names ever, ever, ever, ever, ever again......ever :)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
How about Patrick Battiston, with Harold Schumacher as the new goalkeeping coach?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
Dragan Stojkovic
Franco Zola

not sure if we could afford or attract any of them but if you don't set your sights high......................

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I never said he would move there, hence me saying he will move at some point but if you heard him taking after winning his manager award earlier this season he mentions those 2 clubs and not for the first time. He thinks he's management gold and whilst he has done well here he has a lot to learn. A lot

haven't heard those comments, so fair enough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here