Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Potential managers to succeed Gus at Brighton

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Before you start, No I don't think Gus is going anywhere and I'm hoping he doesn't either. I'm just interested in who you'd think are realistic replacements for Gus.

I personally think we may lower the budget a bit and give Oatway a chance.

Realistic Targets for me.

Lee Clark
Karl Robinson
Alex McGleish (wages would be quite a bit I should imagine)
Michael Appleton
Ray Wilkins

If Alex Mc-Cleish's wages were very reasonable, they would still be too high. he took Birmingham down, then gifted Aston Villa one of their worst seasons since Goodness knows when and has just been sacked for being boring and uninspiring.

And I don't think Gus is going anywhere.... but if he does, would be confident in Mr Bloom and co to find a very capable replacement.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Would we be able to prise the ashen-faced supremo away from Neasden?
Is he too involved in the cut-throat rivalry with Dollis Hill to want to leave?
Would he bring loyal fans Sid and Doris Bonkers with him?

Oh, those were the days........

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
What about one who hasn't been mentioned yet Ole Gunnar Sr, clearly an intelligent football man.

I came in to suggest Solskjær - he was linked with us before Gus took over and I'd have happily had him

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm surprised so many people think Tony Bloom will be so willing to just completely chuck away the passing football culture that has imbedded itself into the club over the last couple of years.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I still think IF Gus was to go we'd have Wise and Zola in.

Minge

Jan 3, 2005
Alan Ball, hes english, dont have a club so no compencation and a world cup WINNER

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If and When Gus goes. Which wont be for a while I hope.

It has to be Zola :) the man is a total class act

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Solskjaer, Clark or Robinson for me...essentially, another young 'un with something to prove.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I don't want Gus to go and don't think he will yet, but if he were to leave this Summer then Solskjaer would be my first choice as his replacement (assuming Guardiola is adamant about taking a break from the game, obviously).

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
If Gus went, I would love it if Kevin Keegan became Albion manager.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Gary Neville? Blokes done his managerial badges, and I doubt just to look pretty in the trophy cabinet. Let's see how he does with Hodgson at the Euro's. Think it might give him the appetite, and as many have said before, we're an attractive proposition.

He signed a 4-yeal deal with England - he's not coming to us.

If Gus went, I would love it if Kevin Keegan became Albion manager.

I presume that was just an excuse to trot out the famous "love it" phrase, not a sensible suggestion.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
How about a good local manager Darren freeman !

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Sami Hyypia? Stan Collymore was listing some potential top managers and seems convinced he will be a top manager in the next 2-3 years, perhaps we can help him along? At leverkusen (I've no idea about these things, are they a bigger club than us? I'm leaning to yes, but maybe he wants to get into English Football and we could be that path for him?) he has been in charge for 6 games four wins, two draws, no losses.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I presume that was just an excuse to trot out the famous "love it" phrase, not a sensible suggestion.

Actually, a very sensible suggestion. Keegan has had three full seasons as manager of non-Premier League clubs. In each of those seasons, his sides have all comfortably won the League title. OK, so he's lacks the tactical nous to be an international manager, but I'd be confident he would bring us the Championship title at a canter if he was our boss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here