Potential managers to succeed Gus at Brighton

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Alex McGleish
Michael Appleton

Mick Mccarthy

Glenn Hoddle

I came in to suggest Solskjær - he was linked with us before Gus took over and I'd have happily had him

If Gus went, I would love it if Kevin Keegan became Albion manager.

I love this thread for these reasons. :lolol:

Alex McLeish! I couldn't contain my laughter when I read that. IF any club appoints that incredibly ungifted clown, they can kiss good bye to ambition. Dour, miserable, pathetic football with all the excuses in the world, other than the obvious truth, "I'm f***ing dire as a manager".

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer would be a fantastic appointment, I'm not sure he's a good manager but he appears to have done well in Norway and he was a glorious player and completely oozes flair all over the place, and he seems to know his stuff. I always think a manager is what other fans base their opinions of a club on, and I don't think too many fans would dislike us with Solskjaer in charge. Except Leicester, after all the goals he scored against them (came off the bench to score a hattrick against them I think!).

Hoddle, McCarthey, Appleton.... With respect, :jester: If we appointed any of those, funny times ahead.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Actually, a very sensible suggestion. Keegan has had three full seasons as manager of non-Premier League clubs. In each of those seasons, his sides have all comfortably won the League title. OK, so he's lacks the tactical nous to be an international manager, but I'd be confident he would bring us the Championship title at a canter if he was our boss.

I didn't think he was taken seriously by anyone as a manager any more. I think he's shot his bolt.

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
Actually, a very sensible suggestion. Keegan has had three full seasons as manager of non-Premier League clubs. In each of those seasons, his sides have all comfortably won the League title. OK, so he's lacks the tactical nous to be an international manager, but I'd be confident he would bring us the Championship title at a canter if he was our boss.

I agree with this. I would be more than happy with Keegan.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
How About Paolo Di Cannio ? would make life interesting !

Would we be able to prise the ashen-faced supremo away from Neasden?
Is he too involved in the cut-throat rivalry with Dollis Hill to want to leave?
Would he bring loyal fans Sid and Doris Bonkers with him?

Oh, those were the days........

Strictly speaking, shouldn't this be "ashen-faced supremo Ron Knee, 59"?

rjbseagull

Apr 27, 2010
Would have to be someone willing to carry on the 'football philosophy'. So obvious choice would be Zola, but if not seem to recall MK Dons playing reasonable football, so maybe Robinson.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
McGleish made me laugh. Do you watch us play?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I didn't think he was taken seriously by anyone as a manager any more. I think he's shot his bolt.

It's often forgotten that he did a pretty good job in his return at Newcastle in the short time he was there, guiding them comfortably out of the relegation struggle. They'd actually started pretty brightly in that campaign when Newcastle made his position untenable. And before then, he got Manchester City back into the Premier League and, before they had billionaire owners, established them back in the top division. Not much evidence that he's shot his bolt.

The Notorious BHA

Jan 29, 2011
Capello!

Okay on a serious note... Zola or Curbishley for me

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
After Gus decides to move upstairs after 20 years of service, 12 premier league trophies and 8 Champions league wins, the ideal candidate will be his midfield maestro, former England world cup winning captain and his assistant manager, Jake Forster-Caskey.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
He the man!

Ole+Gunnar+Solskjaer.jpg
What about one who hasn't been mentioned yet Ole Gunnar Solskjær, clearly an intelligent football man.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Ole Gunnar Solksjaer

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
It's often forgotten that he did a pretty good job in his return at Newcastle in the short time he was there, guiding them comfortably out of the relegation struggle. They'd actually started pretty brightly in that campaign when Newcastle made his position untenable. And before then, he got Manchester City back into the Premier League and, before they had billionaire owners, established them back in the top division. Not much evidence that he's shot his bolt.

Hardly recently is it - he left city 8 years ago, although he was probably shafted at Newcastle. At the time I wouldn't have minded, but he is now well past his sell-by date and too unstable.

How about a good local manager Darren freeman !

Anyone could have got Whitehawk promoted with the amount of money Freeman had at his disposal tbh, need to see how he does away from Whitehawk before judging his managerial credentials

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
How About Paolo Di Cannio ? would make life interesting !

I'm 110% behind this......IF....the situation arises. I don't think Gus is going where for 2 reasons. Firstly because despite all the amazing work he has done here he has a very very over rated opinion of himself. That League 1 promotion coupled with the fact he is a 'big name' should now guarantee him a top four Prem club as his next move. Plus the fact even the likes of Villa would prefer someone with at least some premiership management experience.

Perhaps this time next year if a club of Villa's size came in for him along with the fact its not impossible we might not have as good a season as this year he might lower his expectations for his next move.

It is certainly a when not an if he will go but i think at least another year here for him.

So, Di Canio in my mind would ideal. Bags of passion, has played at the highest level, a proper character and a cult hero in the making. If i was TB i'd be sounding him out quietly just in case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here