Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from Tonight

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Although the club sold more of this kit than any other, don’t think the stripes will return for a while.
Fools and their money are soon parted ...............

I suppose some people had saved a lot of money from not going to matches through lockdown, and wanted to do their bit for the club - so perhaps excusable in their case. If we get relegated in it next season though, I know who will be to blame!

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
We didnt win, but still felt positive after the final whistle. We were solid defensively and completely matched a top 6 side fighting for European places even though we were ''on the beach''.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I thought Jahankbash played really well and was unlucky to be subbed so too Alzate who stepped up admirably to his task , it was a solid team performance again without our best defender we coped pretty well , a pleasing point just need to see these leads out next season and we will be fine .

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Two main things, defence solid without Dunk, Webster stepping up; Tau needs to start the two remaining games, for me he’s been a little shortchanged by Potter

AJ and Alzate I thought we're excellent and up to speed from the off. Tau when he came on I thought was lightweight and easily stopped. Excellent thru ball from him to Welbz tho.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Didn't lose.
Trossard needs to go.
Play Percy more.
On a side note, was surprised to see Andone on the bench.
Will be given one more chance to f**k it up I expect.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
The more I reflect on last night the more positive I am. That game was huge for West Ham, given their situation it was one of their biggest games of the season and they were at full strength.

We had nothing to play for and were missing 5 guaranteed starters 4 of which play in our back 5. And yet we held them really pretty comfortably and were certainly the better team in the second half.

Once we get over the disappointment of the late equaliser I am sure that’s a huge confidence booster for the team to take into next season.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I thought we did amazingly well against a bigger / PL London club / with more money than sense / prepared to pay bigger wages / owners who couldn't give a toss / a fan base who rely on watching their home team through binoculars:shrug:

Yep, I feel better now :lolol:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Fools and their money are soon parted ...............

I suppose some people had saved a lot of money from not going to matches through lockdown, and wanted to do their bit for the club - so perhaps excusable in their case. If we get relegated in it next season though, I know who will be to blame!

As ludicrous as it might seem, is there any possible chance that the current shirt is extremely popular because it’s a little different and is actually very nice? Just because you personally don’t like it doesn’t automatically make it horrible.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Proved once more we are hard to score against, until we score of course.

Underlined the dead wood we need to shift before next term.

Looking forward to the dead rubber against Citeh, they still looked hungry for points v Toon so should give it a go.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Most would have snapped your arm off for a draw before a ball was kicked

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
Pleased that we didn’t get less than it felt we deserved ! It was very frustrating to yet again lose a lead so close to the end, but a point against a top 6 side is very acceptable especially with the injuries as other have pointed out. Moder and gross did “ok” in make shift positions , thought BDB did well and great to see Alzate back who also did well I thought. Satisfactory nights work..

zamora the merrier

Mar 1, 2009
One match nearer to ending this frustrating season
One match nearer being able to watch the team in blue and white stripes
One match nearer being able to watch them in person

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Their squad was fully fit chasing the Champions League, we’re missing 3 of our starting back 5. We handled them pretty comfortably I’d say. If it wasn’t for one of their players harpooning two of our defenders in the area we probably take all 3 points.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Their squad was fully fit chasing the Champions League, we’re missing 3 of our starting back 5. We handled them pretty comfortably I’d say. If it wasn’t for one of their players harpooning two of our defenders in the area we probably take all 3 points.

More or less exactly what I was going to write. We’re the first team to have faced Declan Rice in the last 6 games. If he’d not been injured, West Ham probably would be in that top-4 position right now.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here