Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from Today.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I am wondering if Pearson's impact at watford is ultimately short-lived.. don't know why particularly, but there was a lot of talk about increased discipline etc when he came in.. thats Ok when you win, but when you don't it can wear on players pretty quickly..

I think his first few games were against out of form teams. I know you still have to beat them (unlike us during our "easy run") but it does give you momentum. Perhaps that is slowing now?

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Watched the game in tv in my hotel. Commentators (including Andrews as usual) were very positive about us in the second half, and the quality of our football overall. Stats for the game look positive too.

Could be a huge confidence boost this.........can’t recall us coming back from a 2 goal deficit very often, and we were absolutely all over West Ham for the last 20 mins or so. Maybe got a bit lucky with our goals but we’ve arguably deserved a bit of the rub of the green.

Anyway, off to have some humble pie for brekky. I thought the March/Galgo double sub was mad - but it changed the game. Andrews suggested that Potter had seen a weakness on the right side so chucked them both on to exploit that.

West Ham taking off Antonio was another huge influence on the out come.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What’s wrong with you? Why are you so utterly determined to poop on anything remotely rallying, inspirational or even just mildly positive.
It's because he's hungry, this morning.
He wants some bitty.
So is opening his mouth.

The problem here is that the rest of us are only too happy to wap our baps out and give him something to suckle.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I have a suspicion that today's point could be a lot bigger than just a point in terms of morale! at this stage in the season you need to be on an upward spiral not a downward. This point could be the mental game changer.

Let's hope so, gifting a point to Arsetown Vanilla and the abject display vs Bmuff set a very downward trajectory, fighting back form 2 down, twice, shows all the qualities we need to survive.

2 points from 9 is an utterly crack return, but we're in good spirits for Watford. We really do need to win that. Although I suspect a bun fight and a draw is more likely!

K1ngKaz

Oct 10, 2010
Have to agree with all those points. Definitely glass half full and felt like a win. Was a MASSIVE point and the character the players showed was great to see.
We were unlucky not to go in and win it with a couple of great shots from Solly.

Onwards and upwards [emoji1377]

Just NEED the Brighton faithful to sing loud and proud, be the 12th man and HELP the team. [emoji838]⚪

Another big game Saturday #UTA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I haven’t read the thread, but I do know something happened at half time that you would very rarely witness. Dunky got up on his feet while GP was speaking, asked GP to sit down and let him say something, GP sat down, and Dunky went absolutely ballistic at his teammates, telling them and telling himself that the first half let the club down, let the fans down and most of all let the manager down, and pointing to the black arm bands reminded people that GP didn’t need to be there suffering his grief, but he was, and demanding they all give much much more to repay GPs commitment. As you know, they came out very early, they came out firing, and immediately post match there was a very emotional looking embrace between GP and LD, for a job that really seriously needed doing, as GP looked on drained. And several BHA players dropped to their knees on the turf on the whistle, knowing that they really had dug deep to repay the boss, and respond to their skippers extraordinary half time plea. All very good stuff, this sort of stuff needs to happen.

Honest question - is this genuine ? or are you simply suggesting what could have happened to get that second half response ?
If it’s genuine then wow - hats off to Dunky for showing true leadership qualities !

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
God you’re a f***ing cynical b*****d. Enjoy your moment.

It's because you are to bloody stupid to see who posted that rubbish.

The same poster who's inside info on every transfer news he has got wrong.
The same poster who claims to be a millionaire.
The same poster who's info is never right.

Yet thick shits like you fall for it everytime. Ffs even [MENTION=495]DAZZA[/MENTION]666 the plum has been reeled in. What is this world coming to?

You have no idea that Wedgee is a wind up merchant. Idiot.

[MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION]

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
It is exactly as it was shared with me. From an unimpeachable source. Yes I expect to get massively flamed as is usual, I really don’t mind that, and as I’ve said before I have no reason whatsoever to waste my or anyone’s else time with fantasy. This happened. And it changed the game. Along of course with the subs which seemed a bit baffling at the time but which enabled us to put two extra bodies close together in the inside right channel and put long balls into there. Well doneGP fir thst.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I haven’t read the thread, but I do know something happened at half time that you would very rarely witness. Dunky got up on his feet while GP was speaking, asked GP to sit down and let him say something, GP sat down, and Dunky went absolutely ballistic at his teammates, telling them and telling himself that the first half let the club down, let the fans down and most of all let the manager down, and pointing to the black arm bands reminded people that GP didn’t need to be there suffering his grief, but he was, and demanding they all give much much more to repay GPs commitment. As you know, they came out very early, they came out firing, and immediately post match there was a very emotional looking embrace between GP and LD, for a job that really seriously needed doing, as GP looked on drained. And several BHA players dropped to their knees on the turf on the whistle, knowing that they really had dug deep to repay the boss, and respond to their skippers extraordinary half time plea. All very good stuff, this sort of stuff needs to happen.

If that is true then it was obviously something that needed to be said and LD showed great leadership qualities in doing it.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It is exactly as it was shared with me. From an unimpeachable source. Yes I expect to get massively flamed as is usual, I really don’t mind that, and as I’ve said before I have no reason whatsoever to waste my or anyone’s else time with fantasy. This happened. And it changed the game. Along of course with the subs which seemed a bit baffling at the time but which enabled us to put two extra bodies close together in the inside right channel and put long balls into there. Well doneGP fir thst.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Erm Mr Spence, there have been several reports on here from long standing highly regarded nsc members who saw the aftermath and saw a poor old elderly chap laying in the gutter being tended by police and paramedics. But yes why not go ahead and try to get me banned again, cheers for that.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's because you are to bloody stupid to see who posted that rubbish.

The same poster who's inside info on every transfer news he has got wrong.
The same poster who claims to be a millionaire.
The same poster who's info is never right.

Yet thick shits like you fall for it everytime. Ffs even [MENTION=495]DAZZA[/MENTION]666 the plum has been reeled in. What is this world coming to?

You have no idea that Wedgee is a wind up merchant. Idiot.

Thanks for resorting to personal insults. No idea who you are.....no plans to find out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here