Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from Today (Sheffield United)

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
The only thing I would add to that is today in the first half, we moved the ball a lot quicker to the forwards than when we have had the dunk/ other centre back passing sideways fest.
unpopular that it may be
Totally valid comment, but I think that if Dunk had been there after the sending off, we wouldn’t have conceded.

Nicks

After watching Newcastle get taken apart by Bournemouth last night whilst having 11 men on the park and then going constantly on about how many injuries they have , today was a great result playing with ten men for the last 20 minutes and getting a point.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
We are very frustrating at times. The Fulham game and now this one showed that we take the goal early, have a few chances that should have been put away…fati’s one on one with the keeper and then we revert to type.

we love to show other teams how great we are at passing through the back and get the crowd oooohing and Aaaahing and clapping but teams dig in and realise that we are not deadly in front of goal and they will get chances if they wait! And sure enough in both games, that is what happened.

today Pedro did exactly the same as he did in the Fulham game…great chance just inside the area and belt it over the bar. Mitoma is a brilliant winger but his final ball is lacking.

yes we are missing a whole heap of players, but it is not to mask that we had out today Pedro, Fati, Adringa and Mitoma but still didn’t look like we would score in the second half and certainly after the sending off, we struggled to hold a side who sniffed a result.

yes we got a point but against the bottom side! We have Brentford to come and bloody Burnley which hopefully we will rekick start our league season. Someone mentioned today that our poor league run started after the last international break…let’s hope that can be reversed after the next.

missed opportunity again!
I've read this several times and I still can't find the positives from today in it :ROFLMAO:

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Despite a rotten run of form, we are 8th in the Premier League and have just done the double over Ajax to almost secure qualification for the next stage in Europe.

I'm feeling very positive.

This day 15 years ago we were playing Swindon Town in the JP Trophy before losing at Carlisle United and dropping to 15th in Div 3.
Yep, I also think that RDZ will get this sorted. I am expecting a few new signings in Jan. I was expecting a harder run this season as it was fairly obvious that once teams had worked us out we were not going to have it so easy, also you can't let three world class players go and not expect a dip in performance. Looking at the renewed contracts we seem to be hoping to hold onto players rather than develope and sell them. A decent top 10 finish and keeping our squad intact for the next season will suite me.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I must have seen Pedro have at least 5 good chances to score from crosses to him this season. I think he is yet to put one on target let alone score so maybe Motoma said sod it I will have a go. Andringa gave Pedro a goal on a plate and yet again shot over bar. We paid £30m for that
Disappointing. Maybe the answer is to cut it back to the penalty spot?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Huge positive for me - after I realised at the Amex I’d left my phone in my car it was totally painless to get a printed ticked from the ticket office, only 1 in the queue and took less than a minute to sort it out.
How did you manage to walk from the car?
These days it seems everyone walks with a phone in their hand

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Unfortunately not big enough

IMG_1739.jpeg

I thought there were lots of positives but people don’t want to hear them judging by this thread, that’s fine, we are all a bit disappointed. But we did play well and that’s down to good performances from the players

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
It outs all the entitled and deluded buffoons.

Plus the performance was decent despite so many injuries, calmer finishing and we win by 2 or 3.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
6 changes from Thursday missing some very key players through injuries JVH, Adingra we’re both outstanding

I am worried about the injury situation is possibly forcing player’s back a little sooner than expected ie Esputian only making ten minutes of his comeback and Moder on the bench yesterday I was not expecting to see him this soon with the first team

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here