Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from Today (Sheffield United)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yep, I also think that RDZ will get this sorted. I am expecting a few new signings in Jan. I was expecting a harder run this season as it was fairly obvious that once teams had worked us out we were not going to have it so easy, also you can't let three world class players go and not expect a dip in performance. Looking at the renewed contracts we seem to be hoping to hold onto players rather than develope and sell them. A decent top 10 finish and keeping our squad intact for the next season will suite me.
New signings in January? Are new signings the answer? - we started yesterday with five players who were new to the squad since last season's 6th. place team, and two of the six starters from last season's squad were later replaced by new summer signings.
Guess we could do with a new full back though ..........................

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
There was a home (Brighton, not just UK) boxing world champion on the pitch at HT (if that floats your boat).
Moment's silence impeccable observed.
The result ensured that a proper overdue BINFEST could play out on NSC over the following hours – and days, probably :lolol:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I’m unsure why so many of us are treating yesterday like a dismal defeat… I seem to remember losing at home to Sheff Utd under Potter, even though they were down to 10 men for about 35 mins… unless I dreamt that, which is entirely possible… 😂

Sure it wasn’t great, and we folded for 10 key mins following the completely justified sending off… BUT we hung on for a point in spite of our rather chaotic selection and random subs policy…

8 key players out, two superb midfielders sold… etc. this season was always going to be, well, a bit flat at times… we’re in transition, and such there will be ups and downs and the odd draw or even loss against a pretty mediocre team.

It hurts, but as my dad is a lifelong blade - now 77 :/ I’m happy to lend them a bit of hope in what will surely be a pretty awful season - especially when we served it up on a plate… why get all bent out of shape about it? A point is a point, whether at home to City or Sheff utd.

My dad spent all of the mid 90s and beyond taking me to see this southern club I’d bizarrely chosen to follow … Doncaster, York, Wigan, Darlington, Hartlepool, Lincoln, Scarborough, Bradford, Carlisle… the fact that he did this lends a special place in my heart for his club and his dads club … so if you’re wondering why we always seem to struggle against the Blades, blame me as it’s most likely Karma of sorts!

And… it wasn’t all bad, a great goal and it looks like no one’s leg fell off, and we gained a point on Newcastle and on Palace too… I’d take that most weeks.

I reckon we’re heading for mid table this season, and with it some lessons learned. Obviously I’d take anything better and hope it comes to pass, but if not … well it can’t be as bad as watching Ashley Neale lumber about during a 3-0 loss at Wigan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here