Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from Today (Sheffield United)

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Posted this on the match thread but nothing to do with RDZ ffs, he ensured we were as fresh as could be today. He even made well timed subs, it's down to the players after that

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Igor
Adinga
Wee Billy
fatti they where the positive’s
Negatives we need to bury teams when 1, up the ref,

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Posted this on the match thread but nothing to do with RDZ ffs, he ensured we were as fresh as could be today. He even made well timed subs, it's down to the players after that
He needed to delay the subs when Dahoud got sent off. Just let the team get through the inevitable tricky period and then make the subs when we've setled.

We needed Billy on the pitch for longer there.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Despite a rotten run of form, we are 8th in the Premier League and have just done the double over Ajax to almost secure qualification for the next stage in Europe.

I'm feeling very positive.

This day 15 years ago we were playing Swindon Town in the JP Trophy before losing at Carlisle United and dropping to 15th in Div 3.
Can I ask when the cut off point is for these pointless comparisons with our history? Is it 20 years? Man City were in the third division just over 20 years ago and we don’t have to hear about that every time they have a poor game now so is that it?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Huge positive for me - after I realised at the Amex I’d left my phone in my car it was totally painless to get a printed ticked from the ticket office, only 1 in the queue and took less than a minute to sort it out.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Can I ask when the cut off point is for these pointless comparisons with our history? Is it 20 years? Man City were in the third division just over 20 years ago and we don’t have to hear about that every time they have a poor game now so is that it?

City has poor games??

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No positives but some understandable excuses. Hungover performance from the players, the fans and the officials (yes, the red was nailed on and stupid but the handball was a 100% penalty).

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
For me it's perspective. A defeat is a defeat, a draw is a draw. It's always ups and downs. I can't do anything about it. I'll just enjoy the ride. And the scenery has been rather good for some time.

But I look back on the trips to obscure northern backwaters with great fondness as much as these days. It's all part of the fun having a football team you love and folk you've met along the way. We drew today in a match that perhaps should have been won. But the sun will still rise tomorrow and life moves on. It really doesn't matter.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Actually thought we played really well today. Quick passing and movement. Only grumble is we should have been 2-3 up by the red card. Held on well for a point. Frustrating, but thought given the injuries, we were decent.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No positives but some understandable excuses. Hungover performance from the players, the fans and the officials (yes, the red was nailed on and stupid but the handball was a 100% penalty).
I thought the handball was going to be given. Harsh, yes, but it looked like it should have been a penalty.

Glen Murray didn't think so and I wasn't going to complain about it. But I'm sure VAR has given those.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here