Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from Liverpool Draw

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Well that was entertaining wasn’t it. A lot of positives to take:

1. Adingra - outstanding, so exciting.
2. March- I thought he was actually man of the match his tackling was that of a true left back. Excellent to have him as such a viable option
3. Igor, thought he looked good until the injury.
4. Baleba, there’s a real player in there. He’s a bit raw but that will come.
5. We came from behind to grab a point when the heads could have dropped. I know we could have won it with Pedro but equally they missed an open goal to go 3-1 so a point is okay,
6. A point gained on the tracker!
7. We scored from a set piece!!!!
8. Going into the international break in 6th having played four of last seasons top seven in only eight games is excellent.

Anything I have missed?
From the BBC report I think this sums it up for me today.

9. 'They are without a win in four games in all competitions but, for the second time this week, the Seagulls left the pitch to a standing ovation from their supporters after refusing to lie down'

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Dunk won't be taking free kicks near their goal again? We can but hope.

I do think March playing left back gives us anotehr option and will be a bit of a reset for him. It's a simpler game at full back and it will mean he'll play better when he gets to play further up.

Also think JP was class today and so strong running forward. Such a shame he had a Billy Paynter moment.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Adingra, Baleba and Igor all looking good :thumbsup:

And it appears, Solly is a slightly better left back than Pascal is a right back. Who knew ? Apparently CH did :wink:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There was much to like about today's performance. Igor is a monster. Baleba showed an impressive turn of foot for a stocky lad. Solly March was battling and scrapping for every ball like a good 'un. Pedro could have and should have given us the lead, looked easier to score than blast it over. But then again Liverpool hit the bar earlydoors so 2-2 seemed a fair result. Good open entertaining game too

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
March MOTM for me.
Baleba is just what we need and is going to be immense.
Igor was good.
Adringa was very good
Joao Pedro is excellent running with the ball, once he learns to make the right pass and to score open goals he will be a great asset.
The 2 goals we conceded were due to a poor pass choice from Dunk and a crazy pass choice from Verbruggen, annoying but it doesn't indicate either player is not good enough.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Baleba - Adingra - March were all brilliant.

Great post OP.

I’d add a few plastic southern scousers went home realising their local team more than matched their chosen team 🤣🤫

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
11: got served in under 15 minutes in 1901. The bar staff in there are f*cking sh*t, WSL/NS are better.

Still couldn't identify the pie contents.

Good, Game, Some great performances, as we've come to expect, and most encouraging to see the new kids on the block making strong progress..

Both our midfielders were better than Mac Allister. Thanks for the cash Klopp

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
We continue our run of scoring in every premier league game this season (24 on the trot if you go back into last seas0n)

Can anyone name the last Premier League game we failed to score in ?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Dunk scored, first in a while I think.

:dunk:

I’m claiming the assist on that. I always put Dunk shot on target in my bet builder, but as we’ve been pretty rubbish at corners and free kicks recently I left him out today 😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here