Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Positive Thinking

Oct 25, 2003
you can get CBT with the nhs by the way....LONG waiting list in brighton & hove though but it's certainly worthwhile and there was another type of therapy (the name of which escapes me, but was mainly focused around meditation and clearing your mind of negative thoughts) that i was offered to 'keep me going' until the CBT started...i was fairly 'in need' though so it may just be for a limited amount of people.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yes, I read that quite a bit. It's a chicken and egg thing. I feel crap about myself and the way I look and the last thing I want to be seen doing is being a sweaty blob panting my way along the streets. Motivation and constant fatigue is another issue. I should start by just walking more I guess.

My missus kept saying that and would exercise in fits and starts then give up as she was too busy or too tired etc. In the end she wanted to up her medication so we decided that she should sign up for a few months semi personal training (boot camp kind of thing). She does it twice a week and goes because she has paid and it has worked wonders for her and she is losing weight too. Hope things work out for you.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Wow, sounds like a lot of head-cases and nutters on here.

Why the hell do you need outside help? Why pay outsiders to get you through the day? Why fall for the restrictions and false promises of religion?

Just get up in the morning, take a deep breath, and enjoy the day.

I was once asked, because I was eternally cheerful, "What are you on?" My answer: "Life".

Interesting post im sure many people would love to be able to operate that way, unfortunatly the world and human brain does not operate like.

I think the stats are that 1 in 5 people suffer from mental health problems. Which if you think about the size of the world it means there are alot of people out there that do need help for various different scenarios in life.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I found this guy's writings very interesting, as recommended by a young David Bowie.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Yes, I read that quite a bit. It's a chicken and egg thing. I feel crap about myself and the way I look and the last thing I want to be seen doing is being a sweaty blob panting my way along the streets. Motivation and constant fatigue is another issue. I should start by just walking more I guess.

The last few days I put my iPod on and walked around Hove Park with my head held high. I walk slowly as I had nowhere to go apart from around the park. It’s been beautiful out there. I guarantee you will feel like a king in your own life. I seriously recommend it.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
The last few days I put my iPod on and walked around Hove Park with my head held high. I walk slowly as I had nowhere to go apart from around the park. It’s been beautiful out there. I guarantee you will feel like a king in your own life. I seriously recommend it.

I'd echo this. I have recently started to walk everywhere I can in London, instead of getting the bus or the tube, and it has made a big difference to me. You notice a lot more, both positive and negative sights, that really give you a sense of perspective on life.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I'd echo this. I have recently started to walk everywhere I can in London, instead of getting the bus or the tube, and it has made a big difference to me. You notice a lot more, both positive and negative sights, that really give you a sense of perspective on life.

Funny enough, I have just ordered this:- London's Hidden Walks: Volume 1 - Explore London

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Funny enough, I have just ordered this:- London's Hidden Walks: Volume 1 - Explore London

It's an excellent, excellent book. I guarantee you some utterly fantastic walks from it, many of them exploring some absolute historical gems - none of which you would probably just stumble upon.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
It's an excellent, excellent book. I guarantee you some utterly fantastic walks from it, many of them exploring some absolute historical gems - none of which you would probably just stumble upon.

Brilliant, can't wait to get hold of it especially in this weather. I work in SW1 so hope there are a few within an easy tube ride.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I take it this is just a flippant remark or are you trolling?

There has been quite a lot in the press recently about minor issues now being considered as mental problems. People look for professional help nowadays at the drop of a hat. In the past they would get much better and more sympathetic advice from family and friends.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Would recommend this;-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siddhartha_(novel)

Excellent read on the dilemma of spirituality, end of the day it is good therapy to watch a river. In agreement with those that advocate walking;The Ouse Valley Way is a good one.

On a serious note (unusual for me) I have to advocate walking as one of the very best ways to spend your time. Get together with a group of mates and tackle some of the long distance paths in Sussex, Kent, Surrey and Hampshire.

We have completed the following in the past few years:
The Ouse Valley Way, The Medway Path, Vanguard Way, Sussex Diamond Way, High Weald Landscape Trail, The Serpent Way, The Sussex Literary Trail, The Greensand Way, The South Downs Way (just completed), The Wey-Arun Walk, Wealdway, Hangar Way, 1066 Country Walk.

Great views, great company, and one of the most important considerations - a good pub at the halfway point each day. We have done a section of a walk once every three to four weeks. We have generally positioned cars at the end of the walk to help logistics, but a good number can be done using public transport.

We have walked in almost all weathers and I can heartily recommend it as a cheap and very enjoyable passtime, as well as a way of staying reasonably fit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here