Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portugal plans

Feb 21, 2009
i stayed there last year,its ok has a nice late bar which goes on till about 5am.But the apartment we had did not have any beds so hope you aint got a studio apartment if you are wanting beds there
last year we booked through thomas cook £280,but this year i booked myself seperately and paid only£200
the jardim is right up the top of a massive hill ok going down heading to the bars but not great if you want to stagger home,but saying that there are lots of taxis available in the old town and strip area

i think the banks bar is a good meeting point as is only 300m from my hotel!!! i have now remember where it is

Thanks mate, look forward to stubbling up the hill, hopefully have a bed even if it is only to crash on for a couple of hours haha!

Let the portugal fun begin, can't wait to meet up with you fellow Albions!

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
kick off times 7.30 for all the matches.... no mention yet of where and when the training session is!!!

Well done judewri, is this from the OS?

So i think we need to move our meet up time forward, 5pm at the Bank Bar? does that suit everyone?

EDIT: it is on the O/S on the pre season schedule.

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
Thats more like what i thought it would be, i paid around 30-35 euros last year from Faro. So can we start a list for whos meeting at Banks Bar at 6pm? I'm sorry if i seem a little eager but with less than a week til most of us start arriving we need to get this sorted.

Those who have indicated that they will meet so far

Ecosse Exile
Albalbion
Beach Hut
Mattrickets
KNC?
Middletoenail?

please feel free to add your names.

Then Maybe we can head up to the Sports Bar by the ground, i know that MalcolmPoskettsPockets and 2 or 3 others will be there.

I am taking middletoenail and Capt pugwash across in my car

J2 BHA

Jul 28, 2004
There are 16 of us going, be good to meet up. Meeting at Banks bar - was that for the Wednesday? If so, let me know where it is and we'll head there. I imagine we'll get there about 4.

C17BHA

Feb 24, 2009
I have just seen those times on the club fixtures page - i.e 7.30pm for all three fixtures. I'd be a bit cautious about that...I went last year and they kicked off a bit later than that if my memory serves me correctly. The later kick offs makes it a bit coller as it was bloody hot there last year.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
There are 16 of us going, be good to meet up. Meeting at Banks bar - was that for the Wednesday? If so, let me know where it is and we'll head there. I imagine we'll get there about 4.

think it was for the tuesday mate, before the spurs game, someone mentioned five i think, but im sure an extra hours drinkin wont do us any harm if we're there for four :thumbsup:

mattricketts

Jul 14, 2010
banks bar is in the old town
Largo Engenheiro Duarte Pacheco, 58, Albufeira 8200 - 582, Portugal

so meet time from about 4
i will prob be having a few all day anyhow so dont mind what time
burrish-gull im with you mate!!!!
kick off last year was at 9pm i think and it was cooler
so we all going coloured up? the new green and black??

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
banks bar is in the old town
Largo Engenheiro Duarte Pacheco, 58, Albufeira 8200 - 582, Portugal

so meet time from about 4
i will prob be having a few all day anyhow so dont mind what time
burrish-gull im with you mate!!!!
kick off last year was at 9pm i think and it was cooler
so we all going coloured up? the new green and black??

ill be wearing mmy brand spanking new amex opener kit

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
For those that dont know, Bank bar is on the corner of the square and bar street, you wont miss it.
4pm onwards is fine by me.

[MENTION=13279]C17BHA[/MENTION] is my memory playing tricks or was it originally earlier kick off then moved back to 9pm last year?, i thought i must have imagined that until you mentioned it.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
We'll be there or thereabouts

Chris Wright

Jul 13, 2011
We're the Olhanense Expat Fans Group (300+) and can assure you of a warm welcome in Olhao (15 minutes from Faro). 23rd July KO 7.00pm and admission is 10euros (50% is being donated to the Portuguese Red Cross). We're producing 1000 souvenir 16page programmes (in English) and a limited edition scarf featuring the new Seagulls logo. We meet in Tiago & Ines Bar opposite the ground at least two hours before kick-off where a bottle of beer is ONE euro! We can meet earlier with our Portuguese friends for a late lunch if there is sufficient demand. A few of us will be coming over to Albufeira for the Spurs XI game so hope to see some of you there. Obrigado.

C17BHA

Feb 24, 2009
Thanks for that info Chris...so the 7.30pm kick off time on the official websiye is clearly not correct for this game then !

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
For those that dont know, Bank bar is on the corner of the square and bar street, you wont miss it.
4pm onwards is fine by me.

[MENTION=13279]C17BHA[/MENTION] is my memory playing tricks or was it originally earlier kick off then moved back to 9pm last year?, i thought i must have imagined that until you mentioned it.

Is Banks Bar going to be the "barmy army" meeting up place for the whole week?
we touch down Thursday night

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here