Last edited:

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Thats as clear as mud!!!!

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
mate of mine emailed me yesterday to say that he had checked taxi fares to Olhao and it was 100 euros each way!!
I thought that was a bit steep, but have no reason to doubt him. Its not so bad between a few of you though, and a lot of their taxis are people carriers, so maybe train there and taxi back.

Thanks for posting train times KNC, your'e right though, clear as mud :down:

We cant really organise anything until the club announce the kick off times, but we can agree to meet up, say before the Spurs game, by which time hopefully we will all have a clearer picture.

So if we can agree on a time and place, i have already suggested The Bank Bar o the corner of The Old Town Square and Bar Street, if we say at 6pm* on the Tuesday is anyone else up for that? I am open to other suggestions if this doesn't suit everyone.

*subject to Kick off times.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Anyone know who organised the whole thing.....As is the games etc.

Cheers.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I must admit that its a little annoying that with just 1 week to go before people begin to leave for Portugal the kick off times have yet to be announced.

I'll try and ring some local firms in Olhao tomorrow to get some taxi/people carrier quotes and post them here.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
mate of mine emailed me yesterday to say that he had checked taxi fares to Olhao and it was 100 euros each way!!
I thought that was a bit steep, but have no reason to doubt him. Its not so bad between a few of you though, and a lot of their taxis are people carriers, so maybe train there and taxi back.

Thanks for posting train times KNC, your'e right though, clear as mud :down:

We cant really organise anything until the club announce the kick off times, but we can agree to meet up, say before the Spurs game, by which time hopefully we will all have a clearer picture.

So if we can agree on a time and place, i have already suggested The Bank Bar o the corner of The Old Town Square and Bar Street, if we say at 6pm* on the Tuesday is anyone else up for that? I am open to other suggestions if this doesn't suit everyone.

*subject to Kick off times.

Should be OK for that

Aug 15, 2003
Falkirk, Scotland
I think my 100 Euros for a return to Olhao maybe a bit of an over estimate but not much, but I am paying 60 Euros for a return taxi from the airport to Albufeira, and Ohloa is about another 30 minutes on from the airport. Last year we stayed at Ohloa and hired a car to go to the games and it took about 50 minutes to drive to.

We are not arriving until mid-day on the day of the first game, so depending on timing I expect we will have a meal at the Sports pub which is close to the ground on the right hand side. Last year the food was good and all were welcomed. We are staying close the strip which about 15 minutes walk from the ground.

Ohlao is a lovely town, with a huge undercover market on the front with nice restuarants, bars & cafes. No beaches but for about 2Euros you can take a ferryboat to the islands which are fantastic. This is where the Portugese holiday. If you want want more information just ask.

See you all their - look out for the Bhalba flag!

mattricketts

Jul 14, 2010
ok so bank bar on tuesday 6pm, if i can find it, give me some more insite as was around that area last year.

can anyone remember or know how much abeer is now, cant remember alot about last year beer was flowing!!!!

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
I am in Portugal already, with car, and have room for up to 4 people for the Olhanense game. I am staying in Quarteira, right next to the Bus Station. So from Albufeira you could take a bus to Quarteira (cheap) or share a taxi for about 22 - 25 Euros on the meter. Same for return trip. Taxi rank is also next to Bus Station. Kick-off time still not published in the sports papers for Olhanense game (see copy of portuguese fixture list here: PORTUGAL: Pre-Season Fixture List (Brighton, Olhanense, PSG and... Crawley Town??!) )

Am going to watch Olhanense v Crawley Town this evening Monday 11/7, KO 17:00 at same stadium...

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I just called a local taxi firm in Olhao and they quoted me the following based upon a trip from the stadium to Albufeira old town at approx 10pm;

Taxi - Up to 4 passengers = 55 Euro
Minibus - Up to 8 passengers = 75 Euro

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I just called a local taxi firm in Olhao and they quoted me the following based upon a trip from the stadium to Albufeira old town at approx 10pm;

Taxi - Up to 4 passengers = 55 Euro
Minibus - Up to 8 passengers = 75 Euro

Thats more like what i thought it would be, i paid around 30-35 euros last year from Faro. So can we start a list for whos meeting at Banks Bar at 6pm? I'm sorry if i seem a little eager but with less than a week til most of us start arriving we need to get this sorted.

Those who have indicated that they will meet so far

Ecosse Exile
Albalbion
Beach Hut
Mattrickets
KNC?
Middletoenail?

please feel free to add your names.

Then Maybe we can head up to the Sports Bar by the ground, i know that MalcolmPoskettsPockets and 2 or 3 others will be there.

Last edited:

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
We've hired a car for 3 days to include watching the team train on Thursday and the game on Sat. It's worked out approx 133 euros + fuel.

Feb 21, 2009
I will be there staying somewhere in Albufeira called Albufeira Jardim, hopefully near to all what's been described.

Thanks for the info guys, heading into portugal with my brother, so definetly up for some albion singing and cheering in the local bars and watching all the games!

mattricketts

Jul 14, 2010
i stayed there last year,its ok has a nice late bar which goes on till about 5am.But the apartment we had did not have any beds so hope you aint got a studio apartment if you are wanting beds there
last year we booked through thomas cook £280,but this year i booked myself seperately and paid only£200
the jardim is right up the top of a massive hill ok going down heading to the bars but not great if you want to stagger home,but saying that there are lots of taxis available in the old town and strip area

i think the banks bar is a good meeting point as is only 300m from my hotel!!! i have now remember where it is

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Has anyone stayed (or is staying) at the Residencial Polana? Its in the old town, fairly cheap, and i have heard you shouldn't expect much sleep because of all the noise :lol: but thats ok, plenty of time for sleep when i get home :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here