Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portsmouth

Please read what people are saying before posting the usual sanctimony.

Ha, so you sound off like a miserable ******* against another bunch of fans and then accuse someone else of being sanctimonious? Nice Orwellian doublethink.

If you believe in what you saying and are not just getting over a crap day at work, please point me in the direction of any evidence that their attitudes towards club mismanagement differ from ours - I see the same thing, fans wallowing in success during the good times, and struggling to fight back when the crisis becomes more apparent.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Their attitude was actually WORSE than that. Even when the scale of the club's wrongdoing and mismanagement became clear, they still felt hugely aggrieved that the authorities DARED to impose any sanction against them.

We would have a large group of fans who would be exactly the same. Maybe not you, and maybe not me - but the defence of 'that nasty previous board did it, don't punish the fans' has been very widely used.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Playing Devils Advocate here slightly...but these 'arrogant fans who just enjoyed the good times'. Seen any at The Amex? I have.

And wouldn't fans/local media slightly more on the ball have realised there was a massive rift at our club from March onwards?

I wouldn't for one moment disagree that some of our fans are arrogant (though don't get this confused with justifiable pride of The Amex). The major difference is as a club, we fought our corner, took the medicine and rebuilt, and were fortunate to have a supporter who cared enough to invest. My experience of Portsmouth fans is despite their ownership difficulties and self-inflicted financial woes, they will wipe their FA Cup success in the face of opposing fans at every opportunity.

Effectively they cheated their way to success and left local business crippled in their wake.

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
No sympathy for them whatsoever....rode the crest of a wave at the expense of small time creditors
Had they started again from non league ala Aldershot and Wimbledon would give them total respect
Sadly they have over spent and massively overachieved...don't deserve a second thought

We would have a large group of fans who would be exactly the same. Maybe not you, and maybe not me - but the defence of 'that nasty previous board did it, don't punish the fans' has been very widely used.

Certainly when a large number of clubs voted to have us kicked out of the league, I doubt there were many of our fans saying we deserve it for being the worst run club in all the divisions

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ha, so you sound off like a miserable ******* against another bunch of fans and then accuse someone else of being sanctimonious? Nice Orwellian doublethink.

If you believe in what you saying and are not just getting over a crap day at work, please point me in the direction of any evidence that their attitudes towards club mismanagement differ from ours - I see the same thing, fans wallowing in success during the good times, and struggling to fight back when the crisis becomes more apparent.

Cant be arsed to argue as typing is effort from a tablet. When are you next flouncing off back to that graveyard board where the other 5 posters faun over you?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Anyone miss London Irish whilst he was gone?

tumbleweed.jpg

Thought not.

Cant be arsed to argue as typing is effort from a tablet. When are you next flouncing off back to that graveyard board where the other 5 posters faun over you?

Ah well I'll take that as no evidence then, if silly-levell insults is all you got :drink:

Moving on, I think Portsmouth fans actually do have a record of protest that is under-recognised, perhaps becaue it's less well docunented than the anti-Archer battles here.

Here's a tricky one for the Pompey haters, who would you side with here? :jester: (Pompey fans v Venables/Fenwick) http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-pompey-fans-find-comfort-in-protest-1183871.html

Granted they fell for the illusions of new owners too often, but would we really have been immune to that? I'm not so sure.

The point is they appear to have learnt the hard way and ended up by saving themselves rather than pinning their hopes on another rich guy rocking up, for that they should be applauded. I think it's a better model than ours in 1997 when we put our faith in a modestly rich guy, excellent though he turned out to be.

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
When they were last at the Amex singing "you've never won f*ck all" perhaps we should have replied with "you never paid your bills"?

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
All I would say is that when we left the goldstone & were homeless did they offer a helping hand,did they f**k.

I take great comfort in the fact that they are the lowest ranked team in the south.how long before waterlooville leap above them.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
They should be playing in The Wessex League full stop .Though New years Day 1980 they managed 23000 against us not a bad turn out for Div 4

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They're my international break club, much respect for their fans who have suffered for years since the premier league

Suffered? Yeah, relegation. I mean, hardly any other clubs have to ensure that terrible date, do they? It must have been quite uniquely horrifying for them.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Alroit mush, you calling me a dinlo?

Half pikey half cockney wanabee, skate bashing (they wish) retards.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I just can't help thinking in 5-10 years time, they'll be doing it all over again.

For that reason I'm out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here