Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Portsmouth v Southampton - League Cup, Tuesday (on Sky)

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Off the pitch, i'm going to guess that Southampton have the same sort of hoolie dynamic in their supporter base as us. No more than a dozen ageing meatheads with a deep voice and love/hate on the knuckles. They did probably once see a fight in the 70's but have spent the last 40 years in a pub next to a betting shop telling the decreasing number of people prepared to listen that they were leading the vanguard. Their number is supplemented by 100 or so eight stone 15 year olds who sing lustily about winning fights that happened many years before they were born. Pompey are a different kettle of fish. They have several thousand who have either never worked or don't have the sort of job where it would matter if they were arrested and charged with assault. If I were a Soton fan i'd keep my head down.

On the pitch, comfortable Southampton win

D

Deleted member 2719

The Saints fans were signing - 'Westwood is a kiddy fiddler!' last Friday evening. 'We're coming for you!'.

Harsh, but that guy would sing the same.

I miss playing Pompey at a similar level, saying that they can pop down to league 2 first and flirt with relegation before they come back.

I bet Disney man starts baling them out soon.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
48B18C8C-1F64-442F-B530-07C39E05FFF0.jpeg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Saints fans were signing - 'Westwood is a kiddy fiddler!' last Friday evening. 'We're coming for you!'.

It could pass without any aggro. Unlikely though:catfight:

For all the verbals, if the two sets of brainless types were allowed to get at each other, who would 'win'? Home or away I don't know why, but I think Pompey would wipe them out. Is that underrating how hard Stains fans are?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
For all the verbals, if the two sets of brainless types were allowed to get at each other, who would 'win'? Home or away I don't know why, but I think Pompey would wipe them out. Is that underrating how hard Stains fans are?

And what toppings would I have on my nachos as the live feeds appeared on youtube?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Friend of mine has been working in Portsmouth today. They've all been let out early to avoid traffic/police closing roads because of potential trouble. He said the pubs he saw were already busy with fans drinking.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Off the pitch, i'm going to guess that Southampton have the same sort of hoolie dynamic in their supporter base as us. No more than a dozen ageing meatheads with a deep voice and love/hate on the knuckles. They did probably once see a fight in the 70's but have spent the last 40 years in a pub next to a betting shop telling the decreasing number of people prepared to listen that they were leading the vanguard. Their number is supplemented by 100 or so eight stone 15 year olds who sing lustily about winning fights that happened many years before they were born. Pompey are a different kettle of fish. They have several thousand who have either never worked or don't have the sort of job where it would matter if they were arrested and charged with assault. If I were a Soton fan i'd keep my head down.

On the pitch, comfortable Southampton win

always remember when saints came to the goldstone, Brighton fans getting chased all over the place.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Woodside Road is where I will be this evening.
Saturdays game was a cracking cup tie, if Worthing are a bit more clinical in front of goal I fancy them to win tonight.

See you there then! I'll be the one with the red cap on.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
always remember when saints came to the goldstone, Brighton fans getting chased all over the place.

Away fans en masse in a coordinated operation, invariably have an advantage over unexpected home fans spread out before, during and after games. Brighton fans running amok in other towns wasn’t uncommon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here