Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portsmouth now in the relegation zone

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Guy Whittingham must be on course for becoming the worst caretaker manager in history!

They need a miracle worker in pronto if they are going to stand any chance of staying up.

Which, of course, I hope they don't

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
4th division Pompey has a nice ring about it, not nearly as nice as Blue Sq Premier Pompey mind.

I'd love it if the football league went back to the old structure of Division 1-4 just to see Pompey in Div 4. Although the way things are going it will probably become:

Premier League
Premier League 2
Championship
Championship 2

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Guy Whittingham must be on course for becoming the worst caretaker manager in history!

They need a miracle worker in pronto if they are going to stand any chance of staying up.

Which, of course, I hope they don't

But the funny thing is that even if they found that miracle worker they're not allowed to bring them while still in administration !!!!!!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm not sure even Guardiola or Mourinho could sort that lot out.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I'm not sure even Guardiola or Mourinho could sort that lot out.

But it's not like they're playing the youth team. Paul Benson & Izale McLeod have scored plenty of goals at that level and the rest of their squad has enough experience to be doing much better than they are.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

I actually read that as "They need a miracle worker in panto", which is what they are fast becoming

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The last time Pompey averaged 25/6 thousand was 1958. oh hark at me going on about attendances again, sorry ..teehee.

BTW this is a great site for looking back at gates and who has come from where or gone too...

Attendances England

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
But it's not like they're playing the youth team. Paul Benson & Izale McLeod have scored plenty of goals at that level and the rest of their squad has enough experience to be doing much better than they are.

Indeed. They've still got good players, on wages that most of league One can't afford.

They still got the lad Scott Allen who looked very good at the Amex last year. He should be running games in L1.

Looks like we are right bunch of:tosser: NOT LONG AGO WE WERE IN A BIT OF A STATE BUT I SUPPOSE WE CAN FORGET THAT NOW:facepalm:

Rev, your sentiments are noble, as always, but this club is taking the piss. 3 times now and not ONE lesson learned.

They should start again as AFC Pompey or something and work their way back, indeed I know a couple of Pompey fans who want just that to happen.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Looks like we are right bunch of:tosser: NOT LONG AGO WE WERE IN A BIT OF A STATE BUT I SUPPOSE WE CAN FORGET THAT NOW:facepalm:

I lived in Portsmouth for 10 years when we were at our lowest ebb. I would estimate I got sympathy from around 20% of people I told I was a Brighton fan - the rest thought us going out of the league and losing our ground was a bit of a laugh.

So, you should be able to understand us having a chuckle now the boot's on the other foot.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It wasn't by over paying players and shafting local companies though was it ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Rev, your sentiments are noble, as always, but this club is taking the piss. 3 times now and not ONE lesson learned.

They should start again as AFC Pompey or something and work their way back, indeed I know a couple of Pompey fans who want just that to happen.

Correct.

I also know PFC fans, who agree, that a re-birth is the way to go.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Care to detail what creditors we didn't pay or when we were in administration ?

D

Deleted member 18477

Indeed. They've still got good players, on wages that most of league One can't afford.

They still got the lad Scott Allen who looked very good at the Amex last year. He should be running games in L1.

this is why i am wishing they go down - they should be playing their youth team FFS if they cant afford the better players.

i would say i feel sorry for their fans, but they're disgusting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here