Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portsmouth now in the relegation zone

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Before they have 10 points deducted in Febuary Portsmouth are currently sitting 4th from bottom in league one! :lolol:

I know theres plenty of Portsmouth threads already but I just wanted to highlight the fact. :thumbsup:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Before they have 10 points deducted in Febuary Portsmouth are currently sitting 4th from bottom in league one! :lolol:

I know theres plenty of Portsmouth threads already but I just wanted to highlight the fact. :thumbsup:

Yes, anyone would have thought this was a Portsmouth board, not a Palace one :lolol:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
What this thread is missing is the bottom of League One

18 Oldham 18 -4 20
19 Carlisle 19 -14 20
20 Shrewsbury 19 -5 18
----------------------------------------------
21 Portsmouth 19 -6 18
22 Bury 19 -10 18
23 Scunthorpe 19 -13 17
24 Hartlepool 19 -22 8

although it should be:

18 Oldham 18 -4 20
19 Carlisle 19 -14 20
20 Shrewsbury 19 -5 18
21 Bury 19 -10 18
22 Scunthorpe 19 -13 17
23 Portsmouth 19 -6 8
24 Hartlepool 19 -22 8

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Portsmouth our longest standing rivals since pre 1950 to my knowledge.

Spot on BG. It's only these JCLs with no knowledge of our history who keep banging on about Palace!

We were never taken seriously by these twats though (much as Southampton enjoy a chuckle at bitter Bournemouth fans). That's why we went looking for a requited rival - and found the Nigels. :love:

Nevertheless, it's lovely to see a league gate of less than 10,000 at Nottarf Krap though, and subsequent slump into the relegation zone. We'll be a bigger club than them for well over a decade now I should think (league positions and gates), much like Southampton and even little old Reading. Lovely stuff.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Given that they are paying the highest wages in League One, and have a squad containning quite a few decent Championship players, their league position is shameful. Appleton has done an absolutely shocking job. Quite what Blackpool saw, I don't quite understand.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Given that they are paying the highest wages in League One, and have a squad containning quite a few decent Championship players, their league position is shameful. Appleton has done an absolutely shocking job. Quite what Blackpool saw, I don't quite understand.
I'm not sure about that. Aren't a fair few of their players on month to month rolling contracts? I'm not sure that's condusive to team spirit or good team morale. And anyway, they've completely fallen apart from the moment Blackpool's interest in Appleton surfaced.

Has anyone got any idea when this ten points is actually going to be applied? Is it when they are taken over? If so, when is that scheduled for?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm not sure about that. Aren't a fair few of their players on month to month rolling contracts? I'm not sure that's condusive to team spirit or good team morale. And anyway, they've completely fallen apart from the moment Blackpool's interest in Appleton surfaced.

Has anyone got any idea when this ten points is actually going to be applied? Is it when they are taken over? If so, when is that scheduled for?

Either when they are taken over, or 12 months after going into admin, whichever is sooner. I think the 12 month limit is before Christmas, so won't be long before the table makes even better reading.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
@%1;

Well as I understand it the Portsmouth Trust have been given the nod by the Administrator but nothing can happen until a court case with Portpin is decided about the charge still on Fratton Park and which will be required to be sorted in the Trust's favour. Portpin claim its 18 million and the trust have offered 2.5 million so a bit of a gap there.

Probably just as worrying is that the Trust have budgeted for gates of 12,000 plus and last night it was under 10,000.

February is the date the club must be brought out of administration because anything longer than a year usually means automatic liquidation.

Still a few twists and turns to come I would think. :yawn:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Probably just as worrying is that the Trust have budgeted for gates of 12,000 plus and last night it was under 10,000.
If the Trust gets the club, the fans will come back. They're not absent purely because of league position and form, but because their club has been robbed by crooks, just the same as ours was.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Ryman league .. sharing with Waterlooville start again is the only sensible and fair outcome.. lets see them pay silly wages then !

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
What this thread is missing is the bottom of League One

18 Oldham 18 -4 20
19 Carlisle 19 -14 20
20 Shrewsbury 19 -5 18
21 Portsmouth 19 -6 18
22 Bury 19 -10 18
23 Scunthorpe 19 -13 17
24 Hartlepool 19 -22 8

I'm sorry but THAT is ridiculous, HOW can Hartlepool have less than half as many points as the team above them?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The PST has to take over by February 17th or otherwise it is :wave: to Pompey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here