Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Poogate: The Movie - coming to Amazon Prime

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So , a club who have gone into administration twice, getting into bed with the biggest tax avoiders on the planet.

I wonder where they met?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Kicked out of the league? Really? How did we cheat? We didnt ask to be put into administration. How is it any different to having a ridiculously wealthy owner who can loan over £300 million? What would happen if that was called in?

How will it be called in? It's not a bank loan.

He is converting it to shares, and has already said he wants to leave it to his son. Fans stick by their clubs and he is a fan.

You cheated by paying higher wages to players than you could afford, or rather your owner did. You couldn't pay your tax and so went into administration just to pay 2p in the £. That is cheating, and not for the first time.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Kicked out of the league? Really? How did we cheat? We didnt ask to be put into administration. How is it any different to having a ridiculously wealthy owner who can loan over £300 million? What would happen if that was called in?

As you are so hard of understanding, allow me to explain.

Your club bought and paid players that you couldn’t afford. To be able to do this, you didn’t pay debts you owed to other businesses and charities whose services you had used and the taxman.The reason you employed players you couldn’t afford, was because generally, the better the player, the more they cost in both transfer fees and wages. Hence you were in a false league position, and this is regarded by both the FA and the EFL as cheating.No company asks to be placed in administration, it is a procedure under insolvency laws that allows insolvent companies to continue their business while a solution to the situation is explored.

It is different to having a ridiculously wealthy fan for an owner, in that we broke no insolvency laws, unlike you.
See the difference?
If Tony Bloom did decide to call in his debt, the football club that he owns could go to the wall, however, as he would lose all the equity he has built up over nearly 20 years, this is very, very unlikely to happen.

I hope this answers all your questions,please feel free to piss off now.

I

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Really? We were deducted 10 points and only survived on the last day of the season with a draw away to Sheffield Wednesday
What highlights can BHAFC produce in the same time period?
You were financially mismanaged and then deducted 10 points?

Nope, can't think of anything that has happened to us that would compare to such a consequence.

Muppet.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You can’t blame me splaff it’s all very exciting this new doco..
Exciting??? You should be embarrassed.

Still, I expect you have been conditioned to exchange one emotion for the other. How else do you continue to support Palace.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Am much fun as it is watching these Palace fans floundering around trying to justify one of the most humiliating and embarrassing moments in their recent history. So humiliating and embarrassing that their owners forced them the fans (and fans of their bitter rivals,) to cough up to pay the St Johns Ambulance. Not only that though they are having to justify to themselves why they are being asked to be excited (and indeed being excited) by this catastrophically embarrassing moment being made into a series on Amazon. the mental gymnastics involved in turning their embarrassment into pride and excitement is a sight to behold. Thanks though fellas. it is glorious.

It does bring into question the logic of the administration system though. Surly the reason that CPFC were given the opportunity to/forced into recreating themselves as CPFC2010 is that the club spent too much money on players?

Am I right so far?

So because they have these players that they cannont afford we could assume that they have some decent salable assets? If this is correct then surely they could have avoided administration by selling some of those assets in order to pay their creditors?

They made a choice not to do this (did someone say forced into administration?)

So surely logic would dictate that once they were in administration the first thing the administrators should do would be to sell their assets to pay creditors? (isn't this what happens when companies go into receivership? - I am not a business person so I am happy to stand corrected). This way the club who were reckless with their finances are punished rather than the creditors - and fans who paid the St Johns Ambulance (did I mention this?).

This is option A

Option B would be to restart the club (CPFC2010) . Logic would surely dictate that if this was the chosen option then the club should start at the bottom of the pyramid and work it's way back up again.

So my question is; Why do we appear to have a system where clubs are using an amalgamation of these two options to overspend and then avoid the consequences of that overspending, both financially and by league position?

Not to mention they get to make a documentary about how glorious the whole thing is (Palace) and win the Premier League (Leicester).

And the overspending continues . . .

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I must admit, not quite sure why the particular interest in this doc from Brighton fans ? There might be a10 minute clip from something that happened 8 years ago that might make neutral smirk, but other than that it’s just about the last 10 years of a football club.

You lot are too precious sometimes.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I must admit, not quite sure why the particular interest in this doc from Brighton fans ? There might be a10 minute clip from something that happened 8 years ago that might make neutral smirk, but other than that it’s just about the last 10 years of a football club.

The irony in that post is quite a thing of beauty. Well done. :bowdown:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Its funny how the name Charlie Oatway keeps raising its head in relation to Poogate.
I was told he was suspended after the game, and it seems his name just won’t flush away.
Now, if i were him, i would sue for defecation of character.
Looking forward to see how it all pans out.

You can’t blame me splaff it’s all very exciting this new doco..

pikeys nibbling everywhere :fishing::ffsparr:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

There it is again, what I think of as the Clarkson Defence. Deliberately antagonise and, when the desired response comes, tell people that they need to lighten up and enjoy the bantz. The refuge of old blokes confused by the modern world and shouting into a hurricane that things should be like they were when they were in the playground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here