Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Poogate: The Movie - coming to Amazon Prime

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I only watched the Playoffs episode (masochist) but felt that lots of their players came across really quite well.

Genuinely interesting to hear about that run of games from the other side of the fence.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I only watched the Playoffs episode (masochist) but felt that lots of their players came across really quite well.

Genuinely interesting to hear about that run of games from the other side of the fence.

It’s a good football documentary, if you can take the blue and white specs off.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
It’s a good football documentary, if you can take the blue and white specs off.

I just… can’t.

It’s them.

It would be like settling down to watch a documentary about the removal of my own bollocks.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
A really good watch.
It gave a real insight into the club at a precarious time, then the re- building of the team.
We had some great players and characters, Jedinak,Delaney,Ramage,Muzza, and the team spirit was second to none.
Was fascinating to see how confident you were after the first play off leg, and this certainly fired up our boys.
Imho, one of the better fly on the wall football docs.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
A really good watch.
It gave a real insight into the club at a precarious time, then the re- building of the team.
We had some great players and characters, Jedinak,Delaney,Ramage,Muzza, and the team spirit was second to none.
Was fascinating to see how confident you were after the first play off leg, and this certainly fired up our boys.

Should be called....where eagles dare to spend more than their means and go into administration.........

I can imagine the spin they have put on their heroic achievement of going into administration AGAIN!

Im ****ed if I am watching that drivel

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
A really good watch.
It gave a real insight into the club at a precarious time, then the save spamming, cheating and generally ripping everyone off.

Glad you enjoyed it. I Can't help but wonder what thought processes bought you here to tell us about it though.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Should be called....where eagles dare to spend more than their means and go into administration.........

I can imagine the spin they have put on their heroic achievement of going into administration AGAIN!

Im ****ed if I am watching that drivel

It would be entertaining if we could watch the mental gymnastics required to be proud of cheating . . . again.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
A really good watch.
It's a shame it's all gone to shit for you now. Any news on the new manager and players yet?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Always wondered whether Wurzel knew the bus driver had had an accident and went in first to see if it had been cleared up, and then made a meal of it when he found it was still in a shit state. Always went in last he says, except on the one occasion that his bus driver had shat all over the floor, and immediately goes into outraged mode and uses it to fire up his side and particularly Zaha, who always has been quite an emotional player, and could be adversely affected by a hostile crowd.
I mean, I can't think why he would not mention that it turned out to be their driver, it kind of makes the story funnier, unless he knew before hand.

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
It would be entertaining if we could watch the mental gymnastics required to be proud of cheating . . . again.

Please explain to me how being forced into administration by a hedge fund and being deducted 10 points is cheating. Nobody chose administration, yet alone the chairman Mr Jordan who lost most of his fortune.

The documentary shows how supporters went to Lloyds bank to persuade them to sell the ground. It explains how the owners stepped in as a last resort when all other avenues had been explored. Mr Parish remains on the board, but the other 3 have significantly reduced their holdings as they indicated they would at the time. Is it really any different to the amount of money that Mr Bloom has ploughed into BHA? What happens when his funding runs out or he needs a repayment on his investment? It may happen, despite his reassurances.

The documentary as a whole was a great watch, but probably only of real interest to Palace fans, but at least no lawyers will be required following on from poo gate

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Please explain to me how being forced into administration by a hedge fund and being deducted 10 points is cheating. Nobody chose administration, yet alone the chairman Mr Jordan who lost most of his fortune.

The documentary shows how supporters went to Lloyds bank to persuade them to sell the ground. It explains how the owners stepped in as a last resort when all other avenues had been explored. Mr Parish remains on the board, but the other 3 have significantly reduced their holdings as they indicated they would at the time. Is it really any different to the amount of money that Mr Bloom has ploughed into BHA? What happens when his funding runs out or he needs a repayment on his investment? It may happen, despite his reassurances.

The documentary as a whole was a great watch, but probably only of real interest to Palace fans, but at least no lawyers will be required following on from poo gate

Spending in excess of your means = Cheating...

You can try and put whatever spin you want on it. You took the easy way out and we all know it. Still haven't learnt your lesson judging by the wages you are paying to some average players....

Please don't try and compare what you did to us..... We are miles apart!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Okay, I have posted this on here before, but as a service to you, I will post it again as you obviously need more time to take it in and understand it.

If you still struggle to understand how and why your club cheated, please feel free to ask for this post in words of one syllable.

you are so hard of understanding, allow me to explain.

Your club bought and paid players that you couldn’t afford. To be able to do this, you didn’t pay debts you owed to other businesses and charities whose services you had used and the taxman.The reason you employed players you couldn’t afford, was because generally, the better the player, the more they cost in both transfer fees and wages. Hence you were in a false league position, and this is regarded by both the FA and the EFL as cheating.No company asks to be placed in administration, it is a procedure under insolvency laws that allows insolvent companies to continue their business while a solution to the situation is explored.

It is different to having a ridiculously wealthy fan for an owner, in that we broke no insolvency laws, unlike you.
See the difference?
If Tony Bloom did decide to call in his debt, the football club that he owns could go to the wall, however, as he would lose all the equity he has built up over nearly 20 years, this is very, very unlikely to happen.

I hope this answers all your questions,please feel free to piss off now.

You’re welcome.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Why do I needs to explain it to you? You have done your mental gymnastics and squared it all away to yourself. You are even enjoying a documentary about how courageous you all were to recover from such adversity

And of course you have, otherwise your view on your beloved club would be tainted.

I of course have similar biases because I don't like your club, this means I am going to see it another way.

There is of course a neutral organization all this. They decided to deduct 10 points from you. Deducted if course for wrong doing . . . Cheating if you will (you won't of course - that bias again).

The question is though: did either of your administrations and points deductions make you change your ways or are you still throwing silly money at players to encourage them to your morally bankrupt cesspit of a club?

Now Tony Bloom? You are comparing the wrong part of our history as Tony's needed input is a direct result of being assets stripped in the 90s, casting us into financial ruin. Not because we were trying to live above our means like you and a few other but because we got ****ed over by a corrupt board. You have reaped the benefit of us flirting with non existence and bankruptcy by the FA bring in measures to make sure it doesn't happen to other clubs. So . . . Spivs and shisters like yourself a can over spend safe in the knowledge that you will only get docked 10 points rather than falling on proper hard times.

You can thank us any time you like. . . Or you can **** off back to your own echo chamber board and congratulate each other on surviving not dropping into league 1 for a bit.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Always wondered whether Wurzel knew the bus driver had had an accident and went in first to see if it had been cleared up, and then made a meal of it when he found it was still in a shit state. Always went in last he says, except on the one occasion that his bus driver had shat all over the floor, and immediately goes into outraged mode and uses it to fire up his side and particularly Zaha, who always has been quite an emotional player, and could be adversely affected by a hostile crowd.
I mean, I can't think why he would not mention that it turned out to be their driver, it kind of makes the story funnier, unless he knew before hand.

I haven’t and won’t be watching a doc on a cheating club in a false position. But to confirm, worzel keeps quiet about it being their bus driver in the doc right? But several of their players admit it in the doc? Is that correct? Glad Amazon had the decency to let the truth come out. Still waiting on CPFC2010’s apology though... never happened has it...

Vegas78

Dec 4, 2012
South London
You all have to admit, those play off games were scary AF. If Jules didn't make that wonder save, win don't win that game. It was one of those games that was just so so tense.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You all have to admit, those play off games were scary AF. If Jules didn't make that wonder save, win don't win that game. It was one of those games that was just so so tense.

Yes and we didn’t turn up second leg - never wanted you in the play offs as knew what would happen. But the second we got promoted at the right time to the prem, both this game and the boro one became distant memories and the pain just went - as it was the right time for us to make the step up.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Yes and we didn’t turn up second leg - never wanted you in the play offs as knew what would happen. But the second we got promoted at the right time to the prem, both this game and the boro one became distant memories and the pain just went - as it was the right time for us to make the step up.

Indeed. I can't deny the Palace play-off defeat hurt at the time. But we would have been terrible in the Premier League under Poyet imo - and straight back down. Like Palace on their first 4 or 5 attempts in the Prem.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
History of a Football Rivalry: Brighton & Hove Albion and Crystal Palace - by History Indoors - July 14th

At best questioned and at worst completely overlooked, the rivalry between Brighton & Hove Albion and Crystal Palace is one that continues to bemuse the neutral. Yet, for Brighton and Palace fans, it is jealously guarded and fiercely contested.

Using newspaper clippings, matchday programmes and other historical documents, this talk will chronicle the development of the rivalry from its origins to the present day. From Brighton owing its nickname to Palace, to bathroom shenanigans in a play-off semi-final, sign up and learn about one of the top flight’s most colourful rivalries.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/hist...ace-tickets-154193574131?aff=ebdsoporgprofile

https://historyindoors.co.uk/talk/t...alry-brighton-hove-albion-and-crystal-palace/

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Just watched this, well skimmed it to the play off bit, anyway.

Not very well put together, 80% is interviews done last year, the rest just cobbled together, the one thing that was interesting was seeing footage of Holloway kicking off to the Albion Rep in the corridor regarding the state of the toilets!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here