Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Poogate: The Movie - coming to Amazon Prime

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So he obviously thinks slander is acceptable to advertise the film. I hope Bloom and Barber take action.

It’s probably a funny story to non-Brighton fans when you add in ‘and then afterwards we found out it was actually our own coach driver so all that anger, outrage and dirty mess was all our own fault’. The fact he leaves out that critical piece of info says all you need to know about him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It’s probably a funny story to non-Brighton fans when you add in ‘and then afterwards we found out it was actually our own coach driver so all that anger, outrage and dirty mess was all our own fault’. The fact he leaves out that critical piece of info says all you need to know about him.

I read his biography a few years ago, and thought he was decent, especially for how he looked after his daughters, but I now dislike his dishonesty and blame shifting slurring our club.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Barber will be 'primed' by his laptop ready to send his 2000 word email to Amazon, with his email to our legal team already drafted. If this is shown 'in full' with poogate mentioned, I'll be very surprised. We are no soft touch these days.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I generally hate these Amazon documentaries, find them absolutely dull as **** and not a patch on say, Sunderland 'till I die

so I'll be giving this an especially wide berth

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Its funny how the name Charlie Oatway keeps raising its head in relation to Poogate.
I was told he was suspended after the game, and it seems his name just won’t flush away.
Now, if i were him, i would sue for defecation of character.
Looking forward to see how it all pans out.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I generally hate these Amazon documentaries, find them absolutely dull as **** and not a patch on say, Sunderland 'till I die

so I'll be giving this an especially wide berth

The worst one I watched was the Sonsational one about Son Heung Min. Couldn't get through much - his home life seemed incredibly dull and restricted. Came across as a nice lad but nothing going on in his life outside of football. Living with his folks, too. Almost felt sorry for the lad. Incredibly boring documentary

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The breathtaking thrill ride of how a bunch of spivs took over from another bunch of spivs.

Against all odds, they heroically exploited a loophole in an FA policy designed to stop clubs from going out of business.

Without a second thought, they ****ed off their creditors including many local businesses and ambulance services and avoid the consequences of their rash and irresponsible spending.

As the club, wracked by financial ruin plummeted from mid-table in the Championship to mid-table in the championship (you see the financial stuff made no difference to their league position because they use the money they owed to ambulance services and local businesses to pay for some pretty expensive accountants and lawyers so they wouldn't have to experience the consequences of their previous financial mismanagement.

And then, like a budgie from the smouldering car tyre, CPFC2010 were born.

And what a ten years it has been for them. Highlights include:

Shitting on the floor in their own changing room away in the play offs

Breaking premier League records - Losing 7 in a row. When attempting to play decent football.

Then reverting to type a playing turgid football and generally sticking up the premier league.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its funny how the name Charlie Oatway keeps raising its head in relation to Poogate.
I was told he was suspended after the game, and it seems his name just won’t flush away.

Christ.
Three deep groans and facepalms from one post. Are you a writer for Mrs Browns Boys ?

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Oh dear Jackanory returns

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Why don’t you and your equally inadequate mate Dougie just **** off back where you belong...?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Football partiality can make liars of us all. We can't all be pathetic, cowardly, utterly disingenuous and completely devoid of morality in the support of our own prejudices though. If you want to deal in what you know to be lies about Charlie, go and do it to his face. You wouldn't, would you? Like a child being called out by teacher for muttering in class under your breath, you'd be mortified if you were made to stand in front of actual people and admit to your own repugnant insinuations.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Football partiality can make liars of us all. We can't all be pathetic, cowardly, utterly disingenuous and completely devoid of morality in the support of our own prejudices though. If you want to deal in what you know to be lies about Charlie, go and do it to his face. You wouldn't, would you? Like a child being called out by teacher for muttering in class under your breath, you'd be mortified if you were made to stand in front of actual people and admit to your own repugnant insinuations.

I think it was just trying to be funny, with a series of desperately weak puns.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I think it was just trying to be funny, with a series of desperately weak puns.

He wasn't 'just' trying to be funny, he was trying to be funny, whilst also trying to perpetuate a lie. His attempted jokes would have been no different had they been made about the coach driver who he knows to have been the actual culprit. He knows that Oatway wasn't involved, but wanted to maintain the lie. There is nothing more infuriating than sly attempts to disguise slander as 'just bantz mate' in order to use the 'where's your sense of humour?' get-out when someone notices the real intent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here