Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Poogate: The Movie - coming to Amazon Prime

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No doubt this will come with a Parental Guidance rating which will stop most of their fan base from watching.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I was hoping for a sitcom approach, celebrating spiv culture, Only Fools and Horses style. A group of misfits and rogues cheat the system for years and then accidentally become millionaires through sheer luck. Like Del and Rodney, when they get the money, they waste it all and are back to square one, and are still in their old flat. Toby Jones as Holloway, Danny John Jules as Zaha, Rupert Everett as Parrish, Tom Daley as Glenn Murray, Jimmy Carr as the accountant, Piers Morgan as the coach driver.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Just when I was starting to feel slightly less venom towards them. (Maybe it's the Hodgson thing, or the fact we haven't had to watch their bizarre black-clad ultras doing their stuff for a year or so.)

Probably not worth getting too worked up by this. The viewing figures will be lower than a video on YouTube explaining how to paint a mist coat on plaster.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The series will follow the club’s rollercoaster years between 2010 and 2013, when it went from administration and financial ruin to playing in the play-offs and gaining promotion to the Premier League.

It tells the story of supporter Steve Parish’s efforts to save the club, which included a fan protest outside Lloyds Bank - whose subsidiary, Bank of Scotland, owned the ground, Selhurst Park - that helped Parish’s consortium to complete a buyout.

The 50-minute episodes will feature never-before-seen coverage from behind the scenes of the 2012/13 season, in addition to retrospective interviews filmed more recently. Interviewees include now chairman Steve Parish, former managers Dougie Freedman and Ian Holloway, and players such as Wilfried Zaha, Jonny Williams, Julian Speroni, Mile Jedinak, and Kevin Phillips.

The series has been created by the Eagles’ in-house production team, Palace TV, and is directed and edited by Sean Webb, produced by Chris Grierson, and executive produced byt James Woodroof.

Parish said: “The documentary provides unique insight into one of the most special groups of players and people I have worked with. I know that Palace fans have been desperate to see some of the footage captured in 2012/13 and will find the series fascinating. For fans of other clubs who dream of their team reaching the pinnacle of the English game, this is a story that shows that it really is possible.”

I guess it will need to be 50 minutes each episode if they include slow motion of every single dive from Zaha....

God they are a horrible club, what a load of contrived bullshit literally culminating in their success at the Albion, which I still blame Poyet for, for not motivating our players that night....

We should have beat them that night.

horrible club, horrible result....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I will not watch the shite obviously, but if they again try to distance themselves from the floor shitting or put the blame on BHA it will sum them up. A documentary from 8-10 years ago, promoting a club that cheated (again) is very odd though :lol: :ffsparr:

They’ve STILL not ever come it and admitted the truth on it - turgid club franchise.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I hope we have our legal team primed to comb every second of this pile of steaming horsehit.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I think our journey is better personally so I’d like to see that made into a documentary instead.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm sure there will be many complaints to amazon prime if they tell any lies about us.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I think our journey is better personally so I’d like to see that made into a documentary instead.

But then their journey "included a fan protest outside Lloyds Bank - whose subsidiary, Bank of Scotland, owned the ground, Selhurst Park".

I'm not sure we've got anything at all in our journey to compete with that level of work or commitment from supporters.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Soundtrack:

Caravan of Love
I fell down, but I got up again
Money, Money, Money

anymore?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Has anyone got the video clip of Julian Speroni, being interviewed for his testimonial, where he admits it was the coach driver?

It was Paddy McCarthy I think.

Differed from old muppet Holloway a tad...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Things that WON’T get a mention.

London Ambulance Service
Mr Tumbles gravity problem
Local business closures due to 2p in the pound,
A coach driver’s fecal incontinence problem,
At Paddy’s Day massacre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here