[Football] Pompey

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
A fair few false dawns from them

20 odd games and top of the league suggests this time it’s different

Lots of crowing down there already stated

I think this is their season . The ****s

I love how the older fans on here hate Pompey, Stains bother me more. I went to Pompey as a neutral back in 2019, the guys I went with knew I was Brighton and we had good banter and chats all day. Liked going to Fratton Park too as it's an old school football ground. I know most on here will hate me saying that lol but I don't mind them. Seems to 100% be an age thing, though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is partly why I want them to go up. I have massively enjoyed their many failures to escape League 1, particularly the occasions you mentioned where my Portsmouth friend was giving it large before it all went wrong for them. But just consider similar scenarios unfolding in the championship.... Oh to see them fall at the last in the richest game in the world, to watch the debts grow again as they chase the dream convinced that they have a divine right to be at the top table, competing against a dozen other clubs with the same delusion.
Mmmmmmnahh.

They are a third rate club with a third rate ground - they are EXACTLY where they should be, in the third division with their army of heavily tattood, unemployable, homophobic gap-toothed goons braying like slack-jawed primates from within their slum surroundings.

They deserve the noddy leagues in perpetuity. Seeing them continually fail at that level is cathartic, and I very much wish this to continue. I don't want them to have so much as a SNIFF of the Premier League. Ever.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Mmmmmmnahh.

They are a third rate club with a third rate ground - they are EXACTLY where they should be, in the third division with their army of heavily tattood, unemployable, homophobic gap-toothed goons braying like slack-jawed primates from within their slum surroundings.

They deserve the noddy leagues in perpetuity. Seeing them continually fail at that level is cathartic, and I very much wish this to continue. I don't want them to have so much as a SNIFF of the Premier League. Ever.
That is also a very reasonable way to look at it. #twats

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I love how the older fans on here hate Pompey, Stains bother me more. I went to Pompey as a neutral back in 2019, the guys I went with knew I was Brighton and we had good banter and chats all day. Liked going to Fratton Park too as it's an old school football ground. I know most on here will hate me saying that lol but I don't mind them. Seems to 100% be an age thing, though.

I first saw a Pompey-Albion game in 76.

But I dislike Stains. Probably decades of biased Meridian and BBC South wkn over “the Saints”. Lazy local sports hacks …. couldn’t be arsed to take the awful A27 to our neck of the woods.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

But I dislike Stains. Probably decades of biased Meridian and BBC South wkn over “the Saints”. Lazy local sports hacks …. couldn’t be arsed to take the awful A27 to our neck of the woods.
The relentless Sunday afternoons of Southern Soccer, showing the twats farting about in mud, with the likes of Ray Hiron and Albie McCann grunting about, followed by a guest game from Tyne Tees, showing Hull scrape a draw.

No.

Just no.

f*** off, no.

You nostalgia goons can do one.

No. Do two.

Fact.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The relentless Sunday afternoons of Southern Soccer, showing the twats farting about in mud, with the likes of Ray Hiron and Albie McCann grunting about, followed by a guest game from Tyne Tees, showing Hull scrape a draw.

No.

Just no.

f*** off, no.

No. Do two.

Fact.

Did you still live in this region at all in the 90’s and 00’s. ITV’s Andy Steggal followed a long lineage of biased weasels fiddling with his **** whilst describing Le Tiss or Jason Dodd.

Then a rushed 45 seconds about Aldershot, Albion, Pompey or Plucky.

The remote control came in handy.

Dec 29, 2011
Mmmmmmnahh.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I dislike them more than Palace, such an unpleasant group of fans, they are like the Burnley of the South.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
8 points clear of third though. That’s quite a lead at this stage in the season.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Couldn't have said it better myself. I dislike them more than Palace, such an unpleasant group of fans, they are like the Burnley of the South.
That filth club did at least (belatedly) help bring home this afternoons acca for me, so thats 73 beer tokens I've trousered.

I still wish a POX upon them though.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Indeed, although having used the A27 at the time I kind of get it..

Was that the 4-0 win you saw or the 1-0 away defeat (32,000 at Fratton Park) ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A fair few false dawns from them

20 odd games and top of the league suggests this time it’s different

Lots of crowing down there already stated

I think this is their season . The ****s
I'm rather hoping that this year is the ultimate spectacle in their annual bid to avoid promotion.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003

No.

Just no.

f*** off, no.

No. Do two.

Fact.
Not forgetting the bryclreemed and toothless John Milkins; a goalkeeper who looked to be in his 60s. My heart would sink when low budget Southern Soccer came on when I had been expecting The Big Match.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Did you still live in this region at all in the 90’s and 00’s. ITV’s Andy Steggal followed a long lineage of biased weasels fiddling with his **** whilst describing Le Tiss or Jason Dodd.

Then a rushed 45 seconds about Aldershot, Albion, Pompey or Plucky.

The remote control came in handy.
“Steggers” twat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here