Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Pompey

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Top of league one, unbeaten all season and now 23 games unbeaten stretching into last season.

Are that lot finally getting their act together again?

The circle of football never better demonstrated than in ourselves, them, saints and Bournemouth!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Top of league one, unbeaten all season and now 23 games unbeaten stretching into last season.

The circle of football never better demonstrated than in ourselves, them, saints and Bournemouth!
League One you say? Is that below the Championship? Sorry, it’s just that it’s been a while since I looked that low down.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
Some of their fans are very rude indeed. I was on a Seagulls travel coach on the way to Villa that overtook a Pompey coach. Rather than waving in friendly camaraderie, a number of their young men made hand gestures that were most unpleasant. I was very shocked 😲 and had to drink several pints on Moretti on arrival at Villa to help me deal with my emotions.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston

Who gives a sh*t

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I do enjoy their annual bid to avoid promotion. I'm hoping that, given last year they were nowhere near, they have a spectacular misadventure this year. So far so good.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Personally I hope they remain a lower league club forever. They have had a cracking start, however they have a proud history of blowing up in the second half of the season in recent years, so let us hope that continues.

el punal

How we can look down on all our little south coast cousins - plucky, about to be unlucky and join the stagnant Saints milling about in the mediocre middle of the second division, soon to be joined, maybe, by the Fratton faction itching to join the fray. What a triumvirate - the Skates, the Scummers and the Cherries battling to be the best team on the south coast. Oh, wait, have I overlooked another team . . . . :drink:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I get some pleasure seeing them in the third tier but part of me would quite like a season that saw Us, Portsmouth, Southampton and Bournemouth in the top division.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I get some pleasure seeing them in the third tier but part of me would quite like a season that saw Us, Portsmouth, Southampton and Bournemouth in the top division.
I agree with that. It feels right that all three should be slugging it out in the championship whilst we tour Europe.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
How we can look down on all our little south coast cousins - plucky, about to be unlucky and join the stagnant Saints milling about in the mediocre middle of the second division, soon to be joined, maybe, by the Fratton faction itching to join the fray. What a triumvirate - the Skates, the Scummers and the Cherries battling to be the best team on the south coast. Oh, wait, have I overlooked another team . . . . :drink:
Whitehawk?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here