Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Pompey

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
How we can look down on all our little south coast cousins - plucky, about to be unlucky and join the stagnant Saints milling about in the mediocre middle of the second division, soon to be joined, maybe, by the Fratton faction itching to join the fray. What a triumvirate - the Skates, the Scummers and the Cherries battling to be the best team on the south coast. Oh, wait, have I overlooked another team . . . . :drink:
I can’t be bothered with this sort of antipathy anymore. Let’s concentrate on our own real rivalries. I wish no harm on any football club (except Chelsea, who I blame for almost capsizing football). Pompey, Southampton etc have their own struggles that we can relate to. Let’s never forget where we came from.

Don't give two fucks about them, it's Southampton's business not ours. Would make a nice local away trip is my only reaction if drawing them in the cup etc

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A VILE little club who cheated their way to success and are still reaping the consequences of their rampant catastrophic profligacy. They didn't deserve the FA Cup. They didn't deserve top flight football. They didn't deserve Europe. What they DO deserve is to languish in the noddy leagues forever, and long may that continue. One of lifes great pleasures is to see that scum club floundering around like a doomed slab of cod on a gutstained deck, and I look forward to having a box seat to their latest third division f*ck-up this season.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Even though they are #twats, they're a decent-sized club and would be an interesting addition to the Championship.

That's it mind, I don't fancy another trip to that dilapidated shithole anytime soon.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Even though they are #twats, they're a decent-sized club and would be an interesting addition to the Championship.

That's it mind, I don't fancy another trip to that dilapidated shithole anytime soon.
Just got to keep ourselves out the Championship.

el punal

I can’t be bothered with this sort of antipathy anymore. Let’s concentrate on our own real rivalries. I wish no harm on any football club (except Chelsea, who I blame for almost capsizing football). Pompey, Southampton etc have their own struggles that we can relate to. Let’s never forget where we came from.
What you probably don’t realise is that I’ve lived in Southampton for forty years. I’ve had it shoved down my throat how Saints are the kings of the south, with the odd interference from Portsmouth. The boot is now on the other foot and I’m loving it. It’s all good humoured banter, as it should be, but incredibly satisfying. :drink:

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
A VILE little club who cheated their way to success and are still reaping the consequences of their rampant catastrophic profligacy. They didn't deserve the FA Cup. They didn't deserve top flight football. They didn't deserve Europe. What they DO deserve is to languish in the noddy leagues forever, and long may that continue. One of lifes great pleasures is to see that scum club floundering around like a doomed slab of cod on a gutstained deck, and I look forward to having a box seat to their latest third division f*ck-up this season.
You have a lot of hate in you. Just let it go. Life is much less stressful without these preoccupations with clubs in other leagues.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
What you probably don’t realise is that I’ve lived in Southampton for forty years. I’ve had it shoved down my throat how Saints are the kings of the south, with the odd interference from Portsmouth. The boot is now on the other foot and I’m loving it. It’s all good humoured banter, as it should be, but incredibly satisfying. :drink:
Forgive me if I've missed the 'good humour' part of these outpourings.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You have a lot of hate in you. Just let it go. Life is much less stressful without these preoccupations with clubs in other leagues.
You might like tying daisies in peoples hair, but football would be very dull indeed without a healthy does of hatred mixed in.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
You have a season ticket to pompey? ???

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
You might like tying daisies in peoples hair, but football would be very dull indeed without a healthy does of hatred mixed in.
I’m all in favour of a vigorous rivalry and good-natured teasing from the stands. For clubs lower down the pyramid, a sense of silent, smirking disdain should be offered. Once you start ranting uncontrollably, you’ve lost the battle.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I’m all in favour of a vigorous rivalry and good-natured teasing from the stands. For clubs lower down the pyramid, a sense of silent, smirking disdain should be offered. Once you start ranting uncontrollably, you’ve lost the battle.
I'm not in a battle, neither am I ranting uncontrollably. I'm just wallowing in their pathetic demise, and sincerely hoping that it continues. Their injury time playoff defeat to Plymouth was utterly DELICIOUS, as was their catastrophic last-day failure at Accrington that resulted in Oxford nicking their playoff spot.

I mean, how on earth could you NOT take pleasure in that ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not in a battle, neither am I ranting uncontrollably. I'm just wallowing in their pathetic demise, and sincerely hoping that it continues. Their injury time playoff defeat to Plymouth was utterly DELICIOUS, as was their catastrophic last-day failure at Accrington that resulted in Oxford nicking their playoff spot.

Exactly. It's that simple.

Portsmouth are not on our radar while they are third division shite, but some of us have long memories and remember their bollocks from the 80s all too well.

Their scruffy fans are intolerable when they move into the upper divisions, frothing at the mouth angrily telling everyone how massive they are. Kind of ignoring the fact they've had about six top flight seasons and one trophy (that almost bankrupted them) since the days when tellies were the price of a car and you could die treading on a rusty nail. 🤡🤡🤡🤡

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton

This is partly why I want them to go up. I have massively enjoyed their many failures to escape League 1, particularly the occasions you mentioned where my Portsmouth friend was giving it large before it all went wrong for them. But just consider similar scenarios unfolding in the championship.... Oh to see them fall at the last in the richest game in the world, to watch the debts grow again as they chase the dream convinced that they have a divine right to be at the top table, competing against a dozen other clubs with the same delusion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here