Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey seem to be in a tad of bother

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
As I read that, he lent them a load of money to keep them alive and they have defaulted on payments envoking clauses is the deal that means he now owns the club. He is merely a businessman and will do anything he can to get his money back. This is even worse for Pompey.

Dindane will leave if they can't pay Lens in a couple of weeks.

They are screwed. What I can't work out is if it's best for this new guy if they go into administration onthe 10th or not. One hopes they avoid it until the March deadline when they would have to carry the 10 point deduction to next season, meaning they start in the Championship with minus 10 because they certainly aren't staying up this year.

Man United away on Saturday is it? Oh well.

Is there anyone like me who feel the club are like a poor old Pompey tart, being flogged around from one owner to another and getting screwed each time?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
But quite clearly, Albion never ever spent anything like what Portsmouth have done, even relatively speaking. I think our highest finish was only 13th place or something. Portsmouth were spending like a club of the stature of a team like Aston Villa, yet they were getting 20,000 at home and that was in a shit ground, meaning they were probably attracting even less corporate cash than a team like Wigan.

So I think there might have been alarm bells here if we were so blatently outspending similar sized provincial clubs actually.

But they were being touted as 'The Richest Club in the World' not so long ago when the Arabs took over. I cannot see their fans worrying at the point.
You cannot tell just how rich your chairman or directors on the board really are though can you ?
I remember when people on here were saying that Bloom had a few mill but not the sort of money that could help us....................

So how do we really know ?, and fans are hardly going to march on that.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Anybody had one of Mick`s Monster Burgers outside the ground. What will happen to them if Pompey fold.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Mick`s Monster Burgers outside the ground. What will happen to them if Pompey fold.

I'm sure they'll get a chance to grill them in court.

What?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
A fight to the death (of Portsmouth FC)?

BBC Sport - Football - Owner Al-Faraj may challenge latest Portsmouth takeover

Portsmouth have been taken over by their fourth different owner of the season but his ownership could be subject to a legal dispute.

Hong Kong-based businessman Balram Chainrai has taken 90% of the club's shares after the existing owners defaulted on loan payments due to him.

He says he is only looking after the club until yet more new owners come in.

But a lawyer for the club's previous owner, Ali Al Faraj, will challenge whether such a takeover can go through.

This is exceedingly interesting. What an absolute farce! Bound to be a deafening silence from Scudamore and his cronies.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
This is exceedingly interesting. What an absolute farce! Bound to be a deafening silence from Scudamore and his cronies.

it certinaly is interesting and farcical. but what exactly do you expect or hope Scudamore or the EPL to do or say?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Should this be allowed?

Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Portsmouth | Pompey ask to sell players

Pompey asking to sell players outside of the transfer window.

Of course it shouldn't be allowed. It hands the buying club(s) an unfair advantage in bolstering their squads for the run-in when everyone else has had to conclude their business on Feb 1st. I can't see the FAPL sanctioning it.

Mind you, the story is on Sky Sports, so it could well be bollocks anyway.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
NO

Clubs in the the premier league already have significant advantage and benefit without being permitted to break the rules.

Let them go for a restraint of trade action if they can afford it and the outcome can apply to all clubs at all levels if they are successful

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Of course it shouldn't be allowed. It hands the buying club(s) an unfair advantage in bolstering their squads for the run-in when everyone else has had to conclude their business on Feb 1st. I can't see the FAPL sanctioning it.

Mind you, the story is on Sky Sports, so it could well be bollocks anyway.

How will signing portsmouth players help anyone?

Its a tough one. Let a club fold or sell players outside the window

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
when are they due back in court ? i thought they had 7 days !

They had 7 days to present the court with financial papers showing they were solvent, which they delivered yesterday with minutes to spare apparently. They are then back in court on 1st March.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here