Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey seem to be in a tad of bother

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I wasa bit surprised that the article indicated that there would be no points penalty as my understanding is that a club starting the season in administration is subject to an automatic points deduction as with Southampton, Leeds, Bournemouth, Luton etc. Am I wrong or is Portsmouth a "special case"?

They're a premier league club y'know!!!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Says that they are signing Ibrahima Sonko on loan from Stoke for a year if the Football League allow them (transfer embargo at moment).
Really can`t understand how they can afford to go to the USA on tour. That money could be going to their creditors.

meanwhile the administrator treats himself to a trip to Greece to tie up a transfer which could be (and would normally be expected to be) readily completed on the phone/internet.......

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As a side issue I noticed that Milan Mandaric is negotiating to sell Leicester City would it be wrong to summaise that he is preparing to do a runner from this country to avoid his forthcoming tax evasion court case.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The drop of the £13m of creditors did seem a little dodgy when it happened, and far too convenient when it reduced the HMRC to below 25%.

They do indeed seem to be struggling with this CVA .....

nelson2.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here