Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey seem to be in a tad of bother

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Presumably not paying £80k a week to crap wingers (John Utaka)
He earns more than Fabregas.

I loved Harty's stat on the radio thingy.
JT is the highest earner at @ about £130,000 a week.
Whereas the highest earning 18 years ago, at the start of the Premiershi*e, was Brian Robson on 'just' £8,000 a week.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought he was on 170k, as well.
But I guessed that figure might take into account, the money he makes as an unoffical tour guide.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
If all the premiership clubs get similar amounts from TV deals then gate money makes the difference..................... unless you are Man City or Chelsea obviously.
I thought that merchandising was the biggest thing at clubs like Man U, Arsenal, Chelski, etc. Some also make more than others with shirt sponsorship, though I suppose it can't be THAT much if some teams are prepared to give it away a la Aston Villa.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
pompey appear to be incredibly and completely f***ed. Realistically, what's their way out?
It's alright, the CAVALRY have arrived:

TH1_191201025100136-309_POMPEY_MARCH.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I remember Uncle Buck coming on here telling us he got caught on a train load of Pompey and told us that their fans make our complete geeky weirdos look normal. I found this hard to believe until this picture of their "march" surfaced.

And it never ceases to raise a titter. You've got the blackadder-looking bell ringing tosser in the hat, the flid on a mission at the front, and the complete tramp on the right in another daft hat who has quite CLEARLY never had a bath.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's alright, the CAVALRY have arrived:

TH1_191201025100136-309_POMPEY_MARCH.jpg

Actually, seeing the pompey bell end has given me an idea. They could tour the country with a one man show: namely, the bell ringing twatface as a kind of coconut shy. Tie him to a poll and charge people a fiver to lob coconuts or pineapples or some other similar fruit at him. If you hit him three times you win...

some self satisfaction.

That'd pay of half their debts, I reckon.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I remember Uncle Buck coming on here telling us he got caught on a train load of Pompey and told us that their fans make our complete geeky weirdos look normal. I found this hard to believe until this picture of their "march" surfaced.

And it never ceases to raise a titter. You've got the blackadder-looking bell ringing tosser in the hat, the flid on a mission at the front, and the complete tramp on the right in another daft hat who has quite CLEARLY never had a bath.

God help us if any of our disabled fans came to one of our marches then Simster, if you were there with your witty repartee.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
God help us if any of our disabled fans came to one of our marches then Simster, if you were there with your witty repartee.

They did many times, and the likes of Jon Donovan and Brad who regularly go to Withdean are certainly not 'flids' :angry:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London

My brother's got a disability and sometimes comes to watch the Albion with me, is he a 'flid' too? I expected better from you.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My brother's got a disability and sometimes comes to watch the Albion with me, is he a 'flid' too? I expected better from you.
Humble apologies. I guess I should know my audience before talking like that, but no offence intended.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Balram Chanderi is the Hong Kong fella that lent the fella that's raping them at the moment the money, to take over from the other chap etc. etc.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
He is enforcing a clause in his loan agreement, that allows him to at least get something out of the money he has lent.
It continues! :bla:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here