Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Points to be safe this season

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
If we are very, very lucky then, with the Bournemouth defeat today, 36 points may be enough.

Palace is always a 'must win', but this time it is doubly so.

After that we need to look at getting the remaining required 6 points from the Norwich and Newcastle games.

It's too close for comfort now.
TBF Arsenal are absolutely rubbish away, and just generally rubbish Big chance of a win in that game.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
TBF Arsenal are absolutely rubbish away, and just generally rubbish Big chance of a win in that game.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

The media are raving about Arteta the genius, giving every player back their love of the game and confident swagger.

Would love to send them home chins touching the floor.

This is the annual fixture where outside the WS is a sight to behold post match. Literally 100’s of screaming Albion fans, calling for autographs and selfies with Auba, Lacazette, Ozil and the boys. Far more so than any other opponent.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The PL is like two mini leagues together, we are only 4 points away from the top of ours. If we had sneaked a win we would have closed it to two points plenty to play for still,

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
If we are very, very lucky then, with the Bournemouth defeat today, 36 points may be enough.

Palace is always a 'must win', but this time it is doubly so.

After that we need to look at getting the remaining required 6 points from the Norwich and Newcastle games.

It's too close for comfort now.

36pt-37pts will be enough with a better GD

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
38 points for safety, 27 now, so 11 points to go. mm... where are they going to come from.

1 Sheff Utd
1 Palace
1 Arsenal
1 Manchester Utd
1 Norwich
3 Newcastle
1 Burnley

all the rest losses, we might be clucked

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
38 points for safety, 27 now, so 11 points to go. mm... where are they going to come from.

1 Sheff Utd
1 Palace
1 Arsenal
1 Manchester Utd
1 Norwich
3 Newcastle
1 Burnley

Why is Saints away a loss when they could have nothing to play for by then ? Will be a good time to play them.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Why is Saints away a loss when they could have nothing to play for by then ? Will be a good time to play them.

Several factors, they're not the same side that rocked up to the Amex earlier in the season, they have some quality players, our record against them recently hasn't been good and a minor south coast derby will keep them interested.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008

1 Sheff Utd
1 Palace
1 Arsenal
1 Manchester Utd
1 Norwich
3 Newcastle
1 Burnley

I think the points needed for safety may be lower than 38. To reach that West Ham and Watford would need 14 points from 13 and 12 games respectively.

Watford - Man Utd (a), Liverpool (h), Palace (a), Leicester (h), Burnley a(), Southampton (h), Chelsea (a), Sheff Utd (a), Newcastle (h), West Ham (a), City (h), Arsenal (a)
West Ham - Liverpool (a), Southampton (h), Arsenal (a), Wolves (h), Spurs (a), Chelsea (h), Newcastle (a), Burnley (h), Norwich (a), Watford (h), Man Utd (a), Villa (h)

It's hard to see either side doing enough.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We're in a slightly strange situation in that - as late as mid February - we are both right in a relegation scrap, and only 4 points from being a top 10 Prem side. We also have the best GD of the bottom half of the table. I think we are as good as Burnley, Saints and Toon. Hoping we'll be nestled in amongst them shortly.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think the points needed for safety may be lower than 38. To reach that West Ham and Watford would need 14 points from 13 and 12 games respectively.

Watford - Man Utd (a), Liverpool (h), Palace (a), Leicester (h), Burnley a(), Southampton (h), Chelsea (a), Sheff Utd (a), Newcastle (h), West Ham (a), City (h), Arsenal (a)
West Ham - Liverpool (a), Southampton (h), Arsenal (a), Wolves (h), Spurs (a), Chelsea (h), Newcastle (a), Burnley (h), Norwich (a), Watford (h), Man Utd (a), Villa (h)

They'll be saying the same about us!

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008

Very true - the advantage we have is 3 points and a significantly better GD. The key game is West Ham v Watford. I think all of us will be praying for a draw!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

And we're above them in the table, with a better goal difference. Effectly 4 points clear.

They need to do better than us, not the same.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes

Jeez. Didn't realise that, that's tough for both of them, Watford more so.

SAC

May 21, 2014
A month ago I would have said 40 points to avoid relegation but there are a lot of teams looking pretty poor, at least some of the time. I now think 37 will almost certainly be fine but it could easily be as low as 34.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
A month ago I would have said 40 points to avoid relegation but there are a lot of teams looking pretty poor, at least some of the time. I now think 37 will almost certainly be fine but it could easily be as low as 34.

I'd bite your hand off for anything south of 36 mate, but I can't see it.

There's be loads of odd results at this time of year. 38 with a decent GD is the most probable cut off

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
With teams currently positioned 10-19 much of a muchness on a who-can-beat-who level then I still think up to Palace, Newcastle and Burnley (all on 31, I'm leaving Arsenal out of it) are still in the relegation scrap.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Losses for Villa and Bournemouth today probably mean that 37 points will be enough.

A win v Palace and we take a massive step towards it.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

Which is pretty much the equivalent of saying why bother with pointless points required threads. 3 points is MASSIVE in a close relegation scrap, could easily be 5+ places.

Know what, we haven't a clue what the cut off is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here