Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] PMQ 03/06/20 [was 27/05/20] - Official Match Thread

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
To be fair I think many people are just reinforcing their prediction that Boris Johnson will turn out to be the worst Prime minister in living memory. His performances of late have just given visual evidence that this could indeed be the case.

He certainly has been an absolute disaster, he can barely speak a sentence without tripping over his words, what he does say is usually indecipherable to the extent that Black could be or may be White or vice versa but that it is not definitive and either version is acceptable.

The Double Whammy of Brexit and Covid-19 has created the most critical period of this country's existence for many hundreds of years and we are stuck with Johnson. It is the End of Days ! .

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
He certainly has been an absolute disaster, he can barely speak a sentence without tripping over his words, what he does say is usually indecipherable to the extent that Black could be or may be White or vice versa but that it is not definitive and either version is acceptable.

And usually not directly related to the question that was asked anyway....

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Boris constantly reminds me of that kid who hasn't revised and is desperately trying to remember what was said when they covered that topic in lessons

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I'm starting to feel sorry for him now, he is struggling big time, even more so than many of us predicted. He is so out of his depth it is really painful viewing and I take no pleasure in this fact. How on earth have we ended up with a man in charge of the country with so little ability in almost any capacity of his job?:angry:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
To be fair I think many people are just reinforcing their prediction that Boris Johnson will turn out to be the worst Prime minister in living memory. His performances of late have just given visual evidence that this could indeed be the case.

Yes. I’d like to hear from more those who voted for him and their view on this, otherwise it’s an echo chamber and repeat of previous debates but with a new topic to be toxic on

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Didn’t see coved on the ballot box. But yes, he’s very average, but many knew that before the election :shrug:

So your view is that we can have our say once every 5 years, and the rest of the time we should shut up, no matter how bad things got?

If the next PM declared the day after the GE that every first born was to be killed, you would be completely fine with that, by this daft logic.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So he’s seen the evidence, but won’t share it with the public?

Yep - that’s DEFINITELY WHAT INNOCENT PEOPLE DO.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
So your view is that we can have our say once every 5 years, and the rest of the time we should shut up, no matter how bad things got?

If the next PM declared the day after the GE that every first born was to be killed, you would be completely fine with that, by this daft logic.

Funnily enough, no to both, the constant hyperbole is wearing thin, that’s all :thumbsup:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
So he’s seen the evidence, but won’t share it with the public?

Yep - that’s DEFINITELY WHAT INNOCENT PEOPLE DO.

I think the PM's mindset was established and identified quite early on.........

The letter below was sent on 10 April 1982 to Stanley Johnson, the prime minister’s father.

“Boris sometimes seems affronted when criticised for what amounts to a gross failure of responsibility [and surprised at the same time that he was not appointed Captain of the School...],” Mr Hammond (his tutor) wrote.

“I think he honestly believes that it is churlish of us not to regard him as an exception, one who should be free of the network of obligation which binds everyone else.”

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

You might be closer to the truth than you think with that analogy, Johnson would see that as a good way of reducing his child maintenance payments.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Funnily enough, no to both, the constant hyperbole is wearing thin, that’s all :thumbsup:

So talk about it, but just a bit less? Bereaved families can be angry, but just a bit less angry.

Gotcha.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Watching coverage of the Pariamentary Liaison Committe hearing I can't help but still view Boris as the amiable, bumbling guest presenter of 'Have I got News for You' (however many years ago...) when the contestants just took the p*ss out of him.

I imagined Cummings sitting just out camera, giving Boris a thumbs up (or down) as he replied to the questions - and Cummings occasionally exasperated, just putting his head in his hands: 'For f*cks sake Boris, that's not what I told you to say!'

Sad.

Yet he is now the Prime Minister and supposedly leading us through the toughest domestic crisis. Surreal.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Didn’t see coved on the ballot box. But yes, he’s very average, but many knew that before the election :shrug:

The man is refusing to answer questions about his ridiculous decision to back someone seemingly unsackable whilst potentially putting all of our lives at risk - unless you think every single person that answered the recent poll and said they were less likely to abide with regulations were lying. If we can't question him now, when the hell can we?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here