Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] PMQ 03/06/20 [was 27/05/20] - Official Match Thread

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He is tying to dress up any criticism of cummings as political point scoring.... overlooking of course much of Tory Middle England and 40 odd MP's who are outraged.... best laugh so far has been his praise of the astounding co-operation between the 4 home countries in dealing with Covid-19.... forgetting that his advice was contradicted by Scotland, Wales and NI because they had not even been consulted about easing the lockdown !!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Its' not good now. Finally, when really pushed, saying he's seen the evidence concerning Cummings activities but won't open it to the Cabinet Secretary who is too involved in other things.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Cooper took him to cleaners but his ability to waffle on and change the subject is as good has his ability lead is bad.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That wasn't ideal. Did he just lie?

He was pressed on whether he had seen all satisfactory evidence concerning Cummings movements etc during the meeting with Cummings. After being pushed he eventually answered 'yes'. Then he said it wouldn't be made known to the Cabinet Secretary or made public on the basis that dealing with coronavirus was the over-riding issue.

There was clear evasion at every point. He had been trying to re-direct the questions throughout that period of the meeting, suggesting it was political squabbling.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Cooper took him to cleaners but his ability to waffle on and change the subject is as good has his ability lead is bad.

Not sure how I missed this thread but as I said on the other one - I physically cringed when she nailed him to the wall with logic. But they know what they are doing - they will bluster for days, say they don't believe public polls without saying it, keep saying how busy they are with other things and basically just drag it out until people get bored or thing he is being bullied.

How times have changed. Remember how much fuss there was when Thatcher struggled with the question about the Belgrano? That was a big thing at the time but is just the norm now.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
He can't even answer a question about whether being told to stay at home is a request or an order. Just absurd.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Can’t listen to c*** anymore. His strategy is to waffle around the question repeating context that everyone is aware of whilst actively avoiding answering questions direct. Awful awful man.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Can’t listen to c*** anymore. His strategy is to waffle around the question repeating context that everyone is aware of whilst actively avoiding answering questions direct. Awful awful man.

Being made to look a **** by Jeremy Hunt. Is that like praise from Caesar?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Q - When have/will you announced the 24 hour test turnround target you've just mentioned?
A - (smirk) I'm not going to tell you that as I'm not allowed to announce any more targets.

What?!

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Q - When have you announced the 24 hour test turnround target?
A - (smirk) I'm not going to tell you that as I'm not allowed to announce any more targets.

What?!

I think the exact quote was:

'I've been forbidden from announcing anymore targets or deadlines'

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Lots of snipping about Boris but he got the most votes from the Great British public. Not from me by the way, I always thought he was a dick , reinforced by the Brexit debacle, but it’s what the country voted for. Can’t see the benefit of constantly moaning :shrug:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Lots of snipping about Boris but he got the most votes from the Great British public. Not from me by the way, I always thought he was a dick , reinforced by the Brexit debacle, but it’s what the country voted for. Can’t see the benefit of constantly moaning :shrug:

60000 deaths ring a bell? Not sure people voted for that.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

To be fair I think many people are just reinforcing their prediction that Boris Johnson will turn out to be the worst Prime minister in living memory. His performances of late have just given visual evidence that this could indeed be the case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here