Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plus points of a new manager coming in...

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Barnes maybe played as a striker not in midfield
We may play 2 upfront for more than 1-2 games in a season
WE may become a more attacking team not obsessed with possession

Over to you...

We may not pass the ball so nicely and we may not finish as high as fourth

over to you

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yes we did, the best football I've ever seen at The Albion....at times. But too often slow, predictable , ineffective and ultimately boring.

We were progressing really well though and during the second half of the season, we had far fewer of those games. I think Gus' concern was losing quite a few players (especially Bridge and Bridcutt) and having to rebuild. To be honest, he was probably given some of the ignorant views on this and other threads on how we should have won the league and almost anyone could have done what Gus did.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Yes we did, the best football I've ever seen at The Albion....at times. But too often slow, predictable , ineffective and ultimately boring.

This. Sometimes passing for the sake of passing. Why we bought CMS to work with this style I will never know!

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
We were progressing really well though and during the second half of the season,

When, coincidently, we couldn't afford to let games drift so had to play with more speed and purpose. Dont get me wrong I'm more than happy with where we finished but can't help wondering where we would be had our football become less cautious earlier.As good a manager as Gus plainly is,that is only down to him.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
To be honest, he was probably given some of the ignorant views on this and other threads on how we should have won the league and almost anyone could have done what Gus did.

yes your probably right I bet Gus reads every word on NSC and rushes to his room to cry into his corned beef whenever anything critical is posted on the font of all football knowledge

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What was missing was a Plan B

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Some of our football this year has been scintillating. The best I've ever seen Brighton play.

Early in the season, before things really clicked, we were indeed boring at times ... in a way we hadn't been the season before, even in games we drew or lost.

I hope the new manager wants to play from the back, and play patient passing football like Gus. I doubt we'll find a Bridcutt Mark II so maybe we'll have to settle for a big strong midfield enforcer to do some of that work, someone maybe like Razak. Some quicker, more incisive attacking play, better engineered corners and more resilience when we go behind would be welcome ... as others have said.

D

Deleted member 2719

Understanding a post match interview would be good.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
1' we might give youth abit more of a chance
2, we might find a central midfield player who can score
3, we might get a midfield that can counter-attack quickly
4, we might get a manager who reacts quicker to a change in the opps tactics
Come in, a certain Spainish manager now looking for a job who likes this country, I live in hope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here