Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plus points of a new manager coming in...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A manager who appreciates the opportunity he has and doesn't tout himself at every opportunity would be good. If he has a Plan B that would be a bonus

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
A manager who appreciates the opportunity he has and doesn't tout himself at every opportunity would be good. If he has a Plan B that would be a bonus

its pretty wrong if you think about it. :rant:

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
i agree with that about plan b and dont mind the loan market either and got links with other clubs so we can get some good players in on loan

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Not this season but we could well end up feeling it next season though.

I feel our defence will need major surgery because the age barrier wasn't spread out. Both full backs are in there 30's. All 3 keepers are in there 30's as is Greer. El-Abd can't be to far behind. Be Nice to find another Upson type player in his mid 20's and a left back.

Upson type? In his twenties? How much will that cost?????

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Take cup comps seriously as one can. Poyet hated them.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Take cup comps seriously as one can. Poyet hated them.

Yet in Poyet's time, we gave Villa a decent game at Villa Park, beat Newcastle twice and Sunderland, gave Arsenal and Liverpool fantastic games at home. Yes, we were outclassed at Liverpool and Stoke but we played a huge number of Premier League teams in cup competitions under Gus.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It amazes me that people think Poyet's style was boring. We played some amazing football this season and it was far from boring. Predictable at times, maybe but not boring most of the time.

There have been some incredible highs under Gus, surely nobody will deny that?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Some movement off the ball would be great. Thanks.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
The possibility of attacking football and not hearing the manager moan/make excuses every time we lose.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Yet in Poyet's time, we gave Villa a decent game at Villa Park, beat Newcastle twice and Sunderland, gave Arsenal and Liverpool fantastic games at home. Yes, we were outclassed at Liverpool and Stoke but we played a huge number of Premier League teams in cup competitions under Gus.

That's because his hand was forced. They were all big clubs where many fans would turn out.

We struggled with FC Utd,Woking and Wrexham. Lost to Swindon and and Northampton.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
There have been some incredible highs under Gus, surely nobody will deny that?

Some people do though. I think the majority of us are mature enough to say Gus did a great job but it is time to part ways for the benefit of both of us. However, some are now saying anyone could have got us to fourth and he played boring football etc. History is being rewritten and it is needless. I agree with Bloom's decision (he knows what happened and is acting in the club's best interest) but it doesn't mean I am going to say Gus did a bad job (and I'm sure Bloom wouldn't say that either).

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
That's because his hand was forced. They were all big clubs where many fans would turn out.

We struggled with FC Utd,Woking and Wrexham. Lost to Swindon and and Northampton.

Teams lose to lower league teams in the cup. It happens. Opponents up their game. Yes, he did play back up players in some cup ties but a lot of teams do that now, Poyet was far from alone. I still make that 8 Premier League opponents in cup games over 4 years, which is a phenomenal record.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here