Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plumbing Advice

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yet the cylinder has been here since 1998. Why now has it appeared? My plumber did say it might be something that was in the cylinder from the installation but he still had never seen anything like it.

Bit of a mystery then!
Good news that your hot water is now working , I bet your plumber was tearing his hair out!!

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Did he have the immersion out when he was filling up than or the the top of the feed and vent not connected

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Did he have the immersion out when he was filling up than or the the top of the feed and vent not connected

Immersion and top feed out of cylinder both out. It was only with those 2 holes that he was able to shine a light into the cylinder and then suddennly saw this thing floating. My plumber has aged 10 years dealing with this problem!!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Immersion and top feed out of cylinder both out. It was only with those 2 holes that he was able to shine a light into the cylinder and then suddennly saw this thing floating. My plumber has aged 10 years dealing with this problem!!

Every job I do I age ten years-----that dates me back to the Pharaohs:wink:

mooey

Mar 30, 2012

Did you say at the beginning of the thread it was only the bath?just would have thought if that was blocking the feed you would have no or very little water at all outlets

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Did you say at the beginning of the thread it was only the bath?just would have thought if that was blocking the feed you would have no or very little water at all outlets

Can only assume that as other outlets are fed by smaller pipes the "thing" which had a hole in the middle let smaller volume of water flow. The blockng on the bath tap and shower pump was intermittent which suggests that the thing was sucked up to the cylider outlet then floated away until it was sucked back again

Thanks again for all the advice from everyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here