Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please tell me who is in charge.....

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
The optimum solution is a Russian petro-spiv, or a dodgy sheik.

Then we'll know money's no object and who's really giving the orders. Especially when members of the bootroom staff begin to just..... disappear.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Fine but how is midtable a progress on 4th and a play off place ?

Progress isn't always about league position. Stability, continuity etc. can all be progress even if your league position drops. Sometimes you take a step backward to take a leap forward.

Given our post season fallout, new young manager & some new faces, I'd be happy with top 10, top 6 would be a great achievement.

Progress is all about context.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
The optimum solution is a Russian petro-spiv, or a dodgy sheik.

Then we'll know money's no object and who's really giving the orders. Especially when members of the bootroom staff begin to just..... disappear.

Has anyone actually seen Charlie Oatway.....?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Fickle Brighton fans shocker. Three matches. Three. Not even at the end of the transfer window. Simmer down a bit

And I bet there would still be the same binfests if Gus was still in charge now.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
if i had to say what i hate most about Brighton is other Brighton fans, it embarrasses me that if other fans see our forum they will see so many fickle and uninformed individuals that claim to have been through the hardtimes with this club but cry at the first sight of dark clouds. Everytime i feel down in regards to this club i think of the Amex and it mellows me right out.

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
I struggle to understand why spending £150m+ means the person spending the money is beyond questioning ?

Because he built us a new stadium, because we've just had our best finish in years, because he's building us a new state of the art training ground (for the future) because he hadn't sold us to some rich yanks, Russians Thais or middle Eastern money men, because he isn't a failed politician and because he doesn't own a shite DIY firm.

Feb 14, 2010
Thought I was doing that every season when I pay for my season ticket?

Not exactly upwards of £150 Million is it. You have achieved nothing and your opinion is not worth that as Mullery would say. You will never give to the Albion what Bloom already has. After the Archer fight, Gillingham and Withdean, I have no interest in your moaning because we have lost 3 games.

Feb 14, 2010
Because he built us a new stadium, because we've just had our best finish in years, because he's building us a new state of the art training ground (for the future) because he hadn't sold us to some rich yanks, Russians Thais or middle Eastern money men, because he isn't a failed politician and because he doesn't own a shite DIY firm.

What I have tried to say but you said it with more wit than I did. Made me chuckle.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
After 40 years of watching the Albion, I was sitting there on Saturday, looking around at our magnificent stadium almost in disbelief,the huge crowd and our superb squad of players, thinking we have never had it so good. Then, after TWO league defeats, some idiot starts a thread like this.

Yep it beggars belief.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Not exactly upwards of £150 Million is it. You have achieved nothing and your opinion is not worth that as Mullery would say. You will never give to the Albion what Bloom already has. After the Archer fight, Gillingham and Withdean, I have no interest in your moaning because we have lost 3 games.

Right so as a fan that pays the players wages, I am not allowed an opinion. Fair play.

Oscar OUT.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
As someone who follows two clubs where the owners have based their footballing strategy on FFP, all I can say is welcome to the world of mid-table mediocrity.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
We have no manager, we have a head coach, we are the only club in Britain preparing for FFP, we have a man who signs player the coach doesn't want. This is not the club I and many grew up loving. Im sick of it. Time to revolt. Bring in a foreign manager with no knowledge of the English game by all means, but tell me his second signing wanted to be Keith Andrews? Time for a change somewhere along the line. :facepalm:

Keith Andrews speaking to the media in the players' tunnel after the game: “This club made a big effort to bring me here and I reacted to that quite instantaneously and decided to uproot and come down here."

“We [Oscar and Andrews] spoke on the phone at length about my role at the club and what he wants to do, I spoke to the assistant, I’ve met the chairman and I’ve been blown away by all of them in terms of what they have to say about the place, and then obviously as an outsider looking in over the last few years it’s a place I’ve really admired and the way they’ve gone about things and the progress that seems to have been made at the club."

Andrews may not have been top of Oscar's list, but it doesn't sound like a David Burke signing, or Andrews would surely have mentioned him.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
FFS. Two unfortunate defeats and the club are falling apart allegedly. We were lucky to beat Derby at home last season and they had all the breaks and ref decisions going their way yesterday.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Bollox, I was told the budget was similar to last season. So far I have seen **** all spent on players. Please tell me if I am wrong?

Partially right. Paul Barber has said this years budget is bigger than last years in his recent interview. Money will be spent but you have to take into consideration that Oscar has been here since June and its taken him a while to work out who is in his plans and what positions need strengthening. David Burke then needs to compile a list after identifying targets. That is not a two day job and takes a long time. Negotiations with clubs and players then also take a long time, hence why we have seen little action. If we had a manger in place since the end of the season who already knew what positions needed strengthening, then you have a minor reason to moan but things need to be put into perspective. Things don't just happen at the click of the fingers. Patience is needed and signings will come.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I know Grandad, just asking for someone to explain who our boss is, as we have no manager.

tiss me, I am Sparticus
is that a field of mushrooms I see

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Right so as a fan that pays the players wages, I am not allowed an opinion. Fair play.

Oscar OUT.

Tony Bloom is The Boss, who has hired/employees everyone of the staff inc players and execs.

Pathetic wanting Oscar Out, ridiculous.

Whose wage do you pay btw?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here