Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please tell me who is in charge.....

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Bollox, I was told the budget was similar to last season. So far I have seen **** all spent on players. Please tell me if I am wrong?

I think you are reading that statement wrong. Same as last year means same overall including wages. We may have signed orlandi, pig etc but they are still here and on the payroll so take up a section of the budget. By having same budget it means same total spending so wages of those gone can be replaced. Ie painter with chicksen, dicker with andrews etc.

Additionally why does barber get grief for signings when bloom was very specific with how it works.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You really are a silly old thing aren't you?

If we'd been outclassed or made to look foolish then there might be some cause for concern.

We were not totally disorganised, don't be so hysterical. We did have some passages of play where we were a bit at sea, just as we did last year and the year before that under Gus. At other time we were slick and purposeful, particularly when we scored our goals. We lost the games becaiuse we didn't finish well enough and also have suffered from 3 poor refereeing decisions in each of the games. We restricted the opposition to very few chances.

There is not a scrap of evidence to suggest that Garcia is being hampered in his efforts to change the teams tactics,your imagination is running away with you.

Calm down and have some patience.

That is the point we have been and as Nigel Clough is alleged to have said he was surprised by the way we played as in previous games they couldnt get near us to get the ball but this game was the exact opposite.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why have we spent £1 million on electronic advertising?

I believe it was arranged last season and will appear in last season's pre FFP accounts.

So the cost is paid for before FFP, and the revenue comes in after FFP. We have clever accountants.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
After 40 years of watching the Albion, I was sitting there on Saturday, looking around at our magnificent stadium almost in disbelief,the huge crowd and our superb squad of players, thinking we have never had it so good. Then, after TWO league defeats, some idiot starts a thread like this.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
After 40 years of watching the Albion, I was sitting there on Saturday, looking around at our magnificent stadium almost in disbelief,the huge crowd and our superb squad of players, thinking we have never had it so good. Then, after TWO league defeats, some idiot starts a thread like this.

I think the point is we are not some tinpot club anymore playing to 7000 people in an athletics stadium, we have a premiership stadium and set up. I have read numerous posts today saying midtable this season is fine after 4th and a play off last season. How is that progress ?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I'm absolutely stunned. Our club is running like a well oiled machine, threads like this make the OP sound just well oiled

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003

Ok then Wellesley. please tell me who is in charge of our team. And also please tell me what you watched at probably your first game on Saturday, was tactical. We would never have lost 3 games in a row after taking the lead under Gus. Please can someone look at the stats and prove me wrong?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I think the point is we are not some tinpot club anymore playing to 7000 people in an athletics stadium, we have a premiership stadium and set up. I have read numerous posts today saying midtable this season is fine after 4th and a play off last season. How is that progress ?

Progress is pointless if you never stop to appreciate where you are along the way. I want the the club to progress even further just as much as you do, but calling for a revolt after two games is as the OP did is pathetic. I am not stupid enough to think we will always progress without a few hiccups and I certainly won`t lose faith in Bloom and the club after two league defeats.

Feb 14, 2010
Progress is pointless if you never stop to appreciate where you are along the way. I want the the club to progress even further just as much as you do, but calling for a revolt after two games is as the OP did is pathetic. I am not stupid enough to think we will always progress without a few hiccups and I certainly won`t lose faith in Bloom and the club after two league defeats.

Don't bothe mate, he is either one of those "look at me, I'm so clever at being able to wind people up like an alternative comedian" types or he is proof that every village has one.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I blame Sony/BMG.

BHA were a really great band, until they got big, and sold out.

Oh, wait, we're talking about the football....

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Don't bothe mate, he is either one of those "look at me, I'm so clever at being able to wind people up like an alternative comedian" types or he is proof that every village has one.

Fine but how is midtable a progress on 4th and a play off place ?

Feb 14, 2010
Fine but how is midtable a progress on 4th and a play off place ?

When you start paying the bills then you can say what goes. The club had to be bailed out to the tune of £8 Million last year and had a manager who did not endear himself to many a fan after his press conference against palace, and that is leaving aside what else pissed off the bloke who is writing the cheque for £8 Million. You just be grateful and stop you constant fooking moaning.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Ok then Wellesley. please tell me who is in charge of our team. And also please tell me what you watched at probably your first game on Saturday, was tactical. We would never have lost 3 games in a row after taking the lead under Gus. Please can someone look at the stats and prove me wrong?

Oscar Garcia is in charge of the team. He is given assistance with signings as Bloom has already stated. Gus was a good manager, but a bit of a tit and I have not made my mind up on Oscar yet. It is too early either way, but calling for a revolt already is pathetic. I hope his appointment is a great success, if it isn`t, I still wouldn`t call for a revolt because I firmly believe that Bloom is a true supporter of this club and is doing everything he can to make it progress. You come across like a very spoilt child.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Very few signings are ever the work of the manager alone, for us or any other club.
Bobby Zamora was not scouted by Mickey Adams, Glenn Murray was not scouted by Dean Wilkins, Elliot Bennet was not scouted by Russel Slade and Leo Ulloa was not scouted by Gus Poyet.
I am not worried if Oscar has never heard of any of the new signings, talent spotting is not what he was brought in to do. It seems to me that we have a pretty good record on players coming in, the worst signing of recent years, Ryan Harley, was a Gus led target.
Are we worried that Oscar did not sign Kuszak, Bridcutt, Ulloa etc?

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
When you start paying the bills then you can say what goes. The club had to be bailed out to the tune of £8 Million last year and had a manager who did not endear himself to many a fan after his press conference against palace, and that is leaving aside what else pissed off the bloke who is writing the cheque for £8 Million. You just be grateful and stop you constant fooking moaning.

Take the rose tinted glasses off, they do not suit you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here