Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PLEASE can we stop using this annoying and very childish phrase " Plastics "

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I agree with US that the term 'Plastics' is very childish as is 'JCL'.

Some seem incredibly obsessed with those they would put into these categories. We're all free to support who we want, how we want and when we want. There are no rules.

Personally, I couldn't care less about others. I chose to support BHA for my reasons and am proud to do so. What others do is entirely up them and doesn't affect me in any way.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
PLEASE can we stop using this annoying and very childish phrase " Plastics "

Whether it is us to CPFC or vice versa to us.

If CPFC get 26000 fans that is 10000 more who have paid their hard earned cash to support a team and watch football. The fact we get 30000 now which is 23000 more than Withdean , these people likewise are not " Plastics " they do not get in for free, they pay the thick end of £ 600 a season plus hundreds on merchandise and catering , so well over £ 1000 per person a season. How is this " Plastic ? Likewise with CPFC.

You do not need to have " I was at Gillingham tattoed on your Genitals to gain entry to the Amex and CPFC fans do not need " I have lived in Croydon since 1970 to enter Selhurst Park either.

Please STOP NOW. Thanks.

Regards US.

Do one! I will use whatever phrase I like, unless requested not to by Bozza.

Please stop your attention seeking posts, and your love-in with the Scum.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Do one! I will use whatever phrase I like, unless requested not to by Bozza.

Please stop your attention seeking posts, and your love-in with the Scum.

:kiss:

D

Deleted member 18477

if you can't beat them join them!!! team plastic!

i support Man Utd alrite! WE won the league yaaaaaaay gutted everyone else! :lolol:

am i plastic? am i plastic... and fantastic!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I agree. And while we're at it, could we also drop 'tinpot' and 'cringeworthy' as well?

And apart from anything else, a 'plastic' is someone who watches Man Utd from their armchair, who's never even been to Manchester, rather than someone who pays to go and watch Palace / Brighton more often because they have started doing well.

Very good points. In fact I hate the expression 'cringeworthy' more than any other.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Only messing fella. You remain a REMF legend. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

You can always sponsor my REMF Bike Ride to show how much you love me Simster. :thumbsup:

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Palace have been joking about thousands of "Plastics" at The Amex who primarily support a "big 4 club" because it suited their agenda even though it wasn't true , now they will say all the new fans at Smellhurst have always been lurking in the background.

The whole plastic's tag was always a way to vent our frustration at your incredible rise in attendances since The Withdean days. It took a while to realise, but plenty of your fans will agree that there is a large element of your home support who do and think it's fine to support 2 clubs with the latter being a Premier League club.

I've not met a Palace fan who does the same, will that change next season? Probably.

It's a big part of football nowadays, unfortunately.

The whole plastic's tag was always a way to vent our frustration at your incredible rise in attendances since The Withdean days. It took a while to realise, but plenty of your fans will agree that there is a large element of your home support who do and think it's fine to support 2 clubs with the latter being a Premier League club.

I've not met a Palace fan who does the same, will that change next season? Probably.

It's a big part of football nowadays, unfortunately.

The only two Palace supporters I know both show allegiance to other clubs - bizarrely one to Wolves & the other Chelsea. Neither have been to Selhurst in years which is your problem - you seem to take pride in claiming the support of people who never show up - where does that get you ?. Even in the Prem you will struggle to fill Selhurst. Whatever you say your fanbase is less than ours and a vast amount of the "new" Amex crowd are returning Albion fans or parents taking their kids to their local club.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I have 4 friends who claim to be palace supporters, 3 are from the Croydon area and one Sussex (he follows his dad's team, fair enough). All of them have 'premier league teams' those being Liverpool, Manchester United and Chelsea. This supporting another club thing happens amongst your fans whether you like it or not. Oh, and none of them have been to Selhurst for years. And believe it or not I've tried to make them one team people in your favour as tbh I think that displays a lot more sincerity than supporting the so called 'big' clubs.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
The only two Palace supporters I know both show allegiance to other clubs - bizarrely one to Wolves & the other Chelsea. Neither have been to Selhurst in years which is your problem - you seem to take pride in claiming the support of people who never show up - where does that get you ?. Even in the Prem you will struggle to fill Selhurst. Whatever you say your fanbase is less than ours and a vast amount of the "new" Amex crowd are returning Albion fans or parents taking their kids to their local club.

Well it's all relative to personal experiences, isn't it? I've only met THREE Brighton fans who doesn't support a Premier League club on the side, and I'm from Brighton! I'm sure Palace have "fans" who are the same but I've definitely never met one who goes to games regularly.

I don't know why you're so obsessed with our attendances, we averaged around 24,500 last time we were in the Prem despite some surprisingly crap away attendances and at higher prices than in The Championship, we'll do just fine.

It's funny you said you met a Palace fan who has an allegiance to Wolves and that it's bizarre, my Dad, with photographic evidence met a Brighton fan who had a Watford FC tattoo last week!

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
When do you become a 'real fan'?

I've supported Brighton since I was 8 and went to my first game at the Goldstone and asked for the Sandtex strip for my birthday. Twenty years later and I'm a season ticket holder. But to some I'd be a jcl or plastic because I didn't travel to Gillingham (on my own as a 10 year old) every week for two years and I've never been to an away game. I didn't go to the Withdean every game because my pocket money didn't stretch that far. So I was taken to some games, when there was the money to do so. Now I earn my own money I have the freedom to go to every game if I so wish, and I still call myself a real fan, just as I've done for the last 20 years.

Last edited:

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire
I don't know why you're so obsessed with our attendances, we averaged around 24,500 last time we were in the Prem despite some surprisingly crap away attendances and at higher prices than in The Championship, we'll do just fine.

It's funny you said you met a Palace fan who has an allegiance to Wolves and that it's bizarre, my Dad, with photographic evidence met a Brighton fan who had a Watford FC tattoo last week!

Football fans seem to get their fix in some strange places. On attendances (what a shock!) unlikely you guys will manage more than 23,500 average this year with the current set up of your ground.

I think the millions of £££££££££££££££ will compensate though!! :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've only met THREE Brighton fans who doesn't support a Premier League club on the side

Of course you have. Yet I know roughly 250 Albion fans, of whom only a handful 'follow' anyone else (bar England and Sussex CCC).

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Completely agree. The terms have no relevance. If a person wants to pay out to come along and support the team that's great. The more the merrier.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I agree. And while we're at it, could we also drop 'tinpot' and 'cringeworthy' as well?

I would add 'deluded' to this ever growing list. Grossly over used at any opportunity when opposing fans have differing opinions.

And how about 'bedwetters'? Oh, and whilst we're at it, anyone who has the temerity to type the word 'amazeballs' on a public forum should immediately be strung up by their 'amazeballs' and flogged to within an inch of their life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here