Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players with so much potential, who failed to deliver?

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
I'll chip in with Gael Kakuta - when you think of the grief Chelsea suffered over his signing including the disgrace of a transfer embargo and hefty fine but he has actually achieved nothing

On a similar note John Bostock from Palace to Spurs in 2008. Jordan went ape shit on that and has never played for spurs. #ghall?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Always thought Junior McDougald had real ability but never quite fulfilled it.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Although Leon Knight was a let down at least he scored goals....from the Albion perspective I think the big name that played for us and failed to deliver.....step up....Paul Kitson..

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Michael Owen and Owen Hargreaves, although still great players they both could have been England legends without injuries..

Michael Owen was played too much too young (now he's married with a kid making current buns for tea) at Liverpool and his body wasn't up to it. Same could be said for Fowler too. Great shame as they should both have spent their careers at Liverpool knocking the ball in the back of the net..........Bloody Houlier.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Both Ex Arsenal both got billy big bollocks and Wenger let them go, I wonder how there careers may of turned out if they had stayed?

Would probably both have been sold to Man City

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Probably been mentioned Jimmy Bullard at Wigan was absolutely class then he got injured signed for Fulham then disappeared.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
From an Albion perspective, the obvious one is Leon Knight. A waste of a career.

Another one who some may not agree with: Peter Ward. He scored goals for fun in his first few seasons, but in his last two seasons, playing in the top flight for Brighton & after he left, his goal scoring record was nothing remarkable.

i was gonna say Peter Ward but wasnt feeling quite brave enough:ffsparr:

It never really worked out for him after he left the Albion first time

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
i was gonna say Peter Ward but wasnt feeling quite brave enough:ffsparr:

It never really worked out for him after he left the Albion first time

He was never the same player once he grew a moustache at the start of the 1980/81 season.

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
For those of us old enough to remember, our very own David Gipp in the late 80s. Scored for fun in the youths and reserves, but he never really got a chance in the first team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here