Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players who will go if not promoted ?bridcutt , Bruno , Bridge , Kuszack , Buckley ..

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Well Bridge because he's only on LOAN!

Te rest will stay. PIG has been here for one season, if that. Buckley is loving it here and so are the rest! We're going places just sit back and enjoy the ride!

Is the correct answer - a player would ONLY be sold if a club makes a good offer. Vicente will be off though, also can see us keeping Hammond.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Not negative at all !! It's the facts .....do you seriously think our current squad would survive in the premier ?Some would, others wouldn't Do you not think as a player in the championship that if a premier club came in for you , you would not want to play in premier ? ?CMS to Norwich comes to mind

Reality is not negativity .
Saying that if we aren't promoted we'll lose Bridcutt, Bruno, Bridge, Kuszczak, Buckley seems a pretty negative way of looking at things.

I try not to concern myself with things that might not happen and opinions aren't facts.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Saying that if we aren't promoted we'll lose Bridcutt, Bruno, Bridge, Kuszczak, Buckley seems a pretty negative way of looking at things.

I try not to concern myself with things that might not happen and opinions aren't facts.

I think the main issue is, can we afford to pay them the wages to keep them. They will stay if the money is right

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
I think the main issue is, can we afford to pay them the wages to keep them. They will stay if the money is right

Would they really stay ?? Even if we match premier salary surely the player will still want to play in premier each week , st James park , old Trafford , Stamford bridge , anfield etc etc etc .

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Would they really stay ?? Even if we match premier salary surely the player will still want to play in premier each week , st James park , old Trafford , Stamford bridge , anfield etc etc etc .

What, sat on the bench ? I think the majority would prefer regular 1st team football playing against the teams you mention.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Premier League football is Premier League football - if we came straight back down id understand but the fact is we arent there yet !! They cant expect to waltz from a team which has been promoted from the Championship into the first team of Newcastle, Chelsea, Manure etc - and if they do have that attitude, are they really the kind of player we want at the club ?

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
What, sat on the bench ? I think the majority would prefer regular 1st team football playing against the teams you mention.

Young talented Players don't join clubs expecting to sit on bench or believing they are not good enough to get in starting squad, professional footballers have very short careers and therefore they are more tempted to take a chance at the top if offered as it may not come again.

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Premier League football is Premier League football - if we came straight back down id understand but the fact is we arent there yet !! They cant expect to waltz from a team which has been promoted from the Championship into the first team of Newcastle, Chelsea, Manure etc - and if they do have that attitude, are they really the kind of player we want at the club ?

I wasn't suggesting they would join the top clubs I meant they would join Swansea or a Norwich bu he lure of playing against Jose top clubs at those grounds would be very hard to turn down as a professional footballer

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Stop trying to justify a nonsensical thread.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'd want £7m Buckley and £5m for Bridcutt before I would be interested in selling. Every player has his price but that is the sort of money that we should be asking for if these guys did go. They are under contract and we don't want either to leave...

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I think a great deal of our first 11 will be out the door if we don't make the playoffs this season.

Teams in this league can pay more money and bigger wages. We'd be, in my opinion waving goodbye to:

Koosh
Bruno
Bridge
Buckley
Bridcutt
Crofts
Orlandi
Macca
Lualua

Gullzone

Apr 14, 2012
This Green and Pleasant Land
The squad definately needs strengthening but we haven't been outplayed by anyone and I didn't rate cardiff or Middlesborough when they were at the Amex so I believe we are well placed for promotion. I don't think we are ready but would always take it we can always add players in time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think that's a bit optimistic .
Bridcutt is a good championship player, and a lower premier team would sign him for £2/3mill ?
Bridge ? n/a
Bruno ? Signed him on a free, sell on value ? Not sure, maybe £1 mill at a push ?
Kuszack? Dropped down a level to play games, not sure what money you'd get , £ 1 mill?
Buckley is the one who will create interest, could go for £5 mill plus.
But why would you sell your best players ?

That's my point. We won't unless we get ridiculous offers for them. We'd be insane to sell Bridcutt for less than £5m, comfortably one of the best midfielders in the champ (as opposing managers and fans always note when playing us). Buckley could go for £3 or £4m, the others less due to age although Bruno still good enough to command a fee.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Young talented Players don't join clubs expecting to sit on bench or believing they are not good enough to get in the starting squad, professional footballers have very short careers and therefore they are more tempted to take a chance at the top if offered as it may not come again.

Of course they don't, ask Elliott Bennett. I am sure that he would prefer regular starts.

I do not recall mentioning they thought they were not good enough

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
That's my point. We won't unless we get ridiculous offers for them. We'd be insane to sell Bridcutt for less than £5m, comfortably one of the best midfielders in the champ (as opposing managers and fans always note when playing us). Buckley could go for £3 or £4m, the others less due to age although Bruno still good enough to command a fee.

Well that's not what you said earlier, where's the £20 million coming from ?

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Of course they don't, ask Elliott Bennett. I am sure that he would prefer regular starts.

I do not recall mentioning they thought they were not good enough

The point I'm making is , that given the chance a player will leave , given a chance to play in the premier league or stay in championship he will leave . They would rather take a chance and give it a go at making it in the best league in the world . There careers are to short not to

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Well that's not what you said earlier, where's the £20 million coming from ?

I was saying that we'd only sell them for a large amount, ie £20m.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bridcutt isn't as irreplaceable as people are making out. After all every midfielder we sign has to play 'the bridcutt role' instead of supporting cms. More often than not Hammond was behind bridcutt yesterday

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bridcutt isn't as irreplaceable as people are making out. After all every midfielder we sign has to play 'the bridcutt role' instead of supporting cms. More often than not Hammond was behind bridcutt yesterday

I noticed that at Huddersfield and again yesterday, Hammond is in front of the back four and Bridcutt is getting further forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here