Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players who will go if not promoted ?bridcutt , Bruno , Bridge , Kuszack , Buckley ..

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Although our squad is not good enough for the Premier yet and I don't think we are good enough or ready to go up yet , it is a concern on how we replace the players

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Why will they go, with the exception of Bridge aren't they all under contract???...A few maybe sold that's the nature of football but they won't go cheaply...Anyway although this may shock a few people, if we can start sticking our chances away, this league is still very much for the taking. I don't think anyone is going to run away with it this season and we are not even at the half way stage yet.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Buckley could be targeted by a newly promoted or Prem plodder

Bridcutt likely to be a target too but I've got a feeling we'd hang on to him as best we could

Bridge - depending on his motivation .. if he wants Prem he'll get it with a Fulham/Villa I'd imagine but he may prefer his big fish big reputation here?

Greer maybe?

Gus might decide to rebuild the front like he did with GK and FB's this year so it wouldn't surprise if any or all of CMS/Barnes/Hoskins moved on

Not that he's ours but guess he could be if wanted - Hammond

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
None of these will go and hopefully Bridge can be persuaded to stay. The only 1 who will def go is Vincente and then you will see a fair few squad players offloaded like Harley, Sparrow, Hammond back to the scummers and 2 goalkeepers i would guess and CMS

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
If we don't go up, I can only see us strengthening further in the summer rather than letting our best players go. We are getting the biggest crowds in the league so this money should start filtering through to the playing budget and I trust Gus to use the extra funds wisely.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Impossible to say at this stage - a lot of it depends on who we can get in - and of course, like everyone else, we will be looking to improve our squad. Getting Bridge for the season was a fantastic coup, which I doubt we'll be able to repeat next season. Sparrow and Harley can probably go to reduce the wage bill - they are very much fringe players now. Think Vicente's time will be up - fantastic player, but not very good when he'snot playing! Apart from that, it's anyone's guess.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
The play offs are a big challenge for us but lets not forget we are still just ONE point off the top six. We've dropped points on several occasions so far but this season is very much alive and I just hope our performaces will start to be rewarded

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
To keep the better players we need to bring bigger and better players in without loosing or having to sell the best we have. Does anyone really know what funds we have to improve in January or in the summer ? Or do we have to sell big and look for a bargain ?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
bridders just brought my mates house,very settled,but is bound for the prem,if not with us,it wont be long before bid comesin imo

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Impossible to say at this stage - a lot of it depends on who we can get in - and of course, like everyone else, we will be looking to improve our squad. Getting Bridge for the season was a fantastic coup, which I doubt we'll be able to repeat next season. Sparrow and Harley can probably go to reduce the wage bill - they are very much fringe players now. Think Vicente's time will be up - fantastic player, but not very good when he'snot playing! Apart from that, it's anyone's guess.

How is this played?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Although our squad is not good enough for the Premier yet and I don't think we are good enough or ready to go up yet , it is a concern on how we replace the players

They will only go if we get a value we think is worthwhile. If all 5 players went, we'd have about £20m to play with.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Well Bridge because he's only on LOAN!

Te rest will stay. PIG has been here for one season, if that. Buckley is loving it here and so are the rest! We're going places just sit back and enjoy the ride!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
What we appear to have at our club is a squad that, for the most part, enjoy playing for the club want to be here.

Will some of their heads be turned? Maybe, but Brighton are currently a very attractive proposition to be at and that should not be underestimated. Trying to claim that half the squad will leave if we are not promoted is daft.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
They will only go if we get a value we think is worthwhile. If all 5 players went, we'd have about £20m to play with.

I think that's a bit optimistic .
Bridcutt is a good championship player, and a lower premier team would sign him for £2/3mill ?
Bridge ? n/a
Bruno ? Signed him on a free, sell on value ? Not sure, maybe £1 mill at a push ?
Kuszack? Dropped down a level to play games, not sure what money you'd get , £ 1 mill?
Buckley is the one who will create interest, could go for £5 mill plus.
But why would you sell your best players ?

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
I think that's a bit optimistic .
Bridcutt is a good championship player, and a lower premier team would sign him for £2/3mill ?
Bridge ? n/a
Bruno ? Signed him on a free, sell on value ? Not sure, maybe £1 mill at a push ?
Kuszack? Dropped down a level to play games, not sure what money you'd get , £ 1 mill?
Buckley is the one who will create interest, could go for £5 mill plus.
But why would you sell your best players ?
Given his importance to the team, I'd be surprised and disappointed if Bridcutt was allowed to leave for £2/3m.

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Why will they go, with the exception of Bridge aren't they all under contract???...A few maybe sold that's the nature of football but they won't go cheaply...Anyway although this may shock a few people, if we can start sticking our chances away, this league is still very much for the taking. I don't think anyone is going to run away with it this season and we are not even at the half way stage yet.

First , contracts mean nothing if a players head gets turned he may as well leave . The money received for the top players , is it really going to be enough to replace them let alone improve the squad.

Second , I don't disagree but have we got the funds to buy in the summer to get a squad capable of surviving the premier ?

I think we are in a catch 22 , go up , keep the players but if we dont have funds to improve we become whipping boys , don't go up loose the players and take a step back with the risk of not racing the lost quality .

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
That's a pretty negative attitude.

Not negative at all !! It's the facts .....do you seriously think our current squad would survive in the premier ? Do you not think as a player in the championship that if a premier club came in for you , you would not want to play in premier ? ?

Reality is not negativity .

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
First , contracts mean nothing if a players head gets turned he may as well leave . The money received for the top players , is it really going to be enough to replace them let alone improve the squad.

Second , I don't disagree but have we got the funds to buy in the summer to get a squad capable of surviving the premier ?

I think we are in a catch 22 , go up , keep the players but if we dont have funds to improve we become whipping boys , don't go up loose the players and take a step back with the risk of not racing the lost quality .

Ok, lets dream for one second we go up. We could then keep Bridge, he is out of contract at end of season, so why not. Norwich and Swansea proved last season that wholesale changes are not needed to survive and survive with something in hand. I think Thomaz, Bruno, El Abd, Bridge, Bridcutt, Buckley, Orlandi and even Cms could all hold their own. Another ch and a top draw striker could well be enough to stay up. I believe we are only a top draw striker away from auto promotion anyway. The gulf between the championship and the prem is not as great as many would have you think. Maybe the top five or six, but the rest are pretty much an even bunch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here