Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Players leaving?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We will 100% sell Alexis. I would be absolutely amazed if he’s with us come the start of next season. That’s fine, he’s earned the move and that fee will cover most of the spending we want to do.

Caicedo is more 50/50 and I reckon we could get one more season from him.
This, MacAllister is peak wonga at the moment, TB will have his best marigolds on for a top rinse. Another good season with us and Caicedo will be peak wonga, and that'll will halp with our succession plan . . . Although interesting to see how well we did without either last week . . . . And Moder still recovering.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Arsenal appear to have their sights set on Rice.
Chelsea without European football and FFP to worry about probably aren't in the market.
ManUtd will go all out for Kane, they already have cover in midfield.
ManCity again have a lot of players already in that area.
Spurs - maybe, but doubt they have the money.
Liverpool - that is a clear one for say Caicedo or MacA, but if they end up in the same European competition as us, who is to say they won't be tempted to give us another year?
Then you have your top Spanish sides and PSG. But are Caicedo and MacA really on their radars I wonder?
Psg have a dreadful midfield I can see caicedo going there but I’m not sure if tb will sell both his star midfielders in the one window

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Maybe she wanted to move to Liverpool and goes up there looking for houses.
It all kicks off when she gets home as Alexis loves Brighton.
Massive row. Upshot being he dumps her.
She heads back to Argentina, her Liverpool dream in tatters.
Or, she has had a look at Huyton and decided that if she has to live there to be with Mac, she would rather not be with Mac.

Goldstone Guy

Nov 18, 2006
Hove
This, MacAllister is peak wonga at the moment, TB will have his best marigolds on for a top rinse. Another good season with us and Caicedo will be peak wonga, and that'll will halp with our succession plan . . . Although interesting to see how well we did without either last week . . . . And Moder still recovering.
Agreed. I think we want to sell MacAllister this summer. He's been great, we'll be sorry to see him go and I think he'll be sorry to leave but he knows he'll get a big pay rise, play for a bigger club etc. It's the plan and we should be selling players when we can get top money for them and we have younger replacements waiting to come through.

Caicedo - I think they'll be desperately trying to hold onto him for at least another season because there's no one else who can play his role nearly well as he can. The hunt is on for a young tackling/ball-winner/midfield destroyer type.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Psg have a dreadful midfield I can see caicedo going there but I’m not sure if tb will sell both his star midfielders in the one window
I think he would for ridiculous cash, and PSG are the sort of club who could easily and happily do that

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And to stop bloody diving ALL the time now in the penalty box :(

Becoming more than a little frustrating watching his antics recently - does he not realise that VAR check every penalty decision and if he/us are given a penalty but he's dived, it will just get over-ruled......

RDZ should just instruct Mitoma to stop diving.

It’s killing dangerous attacks.

And unlike Kane, he’s shit at it!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I reckon the majority of departures will be the players that have not made it or are running out of time to make it here, Taylor Richards, Connolly, Karbownik etc. Mac Allister is likely to go, Caicedo 50/50, and Mitoma likely to stay, in my opinion. Alzate is 50/50, would be sad to see him go but the talent that has come in recently is going to affect his game time here negatively.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Wonder if he got together with the Argentinian interviewer shown on NSC a while back. Think she had more than a bit of interest.
I’m sure that the multi-millionaire world-cup winning pro footballer has plenty of options as far as interest from young women is concerned, even if he is a bit ginger.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
My take on this (by percentage chance of leaving)

95% AMA - makes sense on many levels. Player keen to test himself on biggest stage, Liverpool are genuine suitors/admirers. Club will get a VERY BIG FEE while he is hot property.

50% Caicedo - is anyone going to put their money where their mouth is and fork out £75m plus for him? No clear bidders yet and some may be put off by Albion’s snippy response when Arsenal thought they could steam roll a ‘smaller club’. Much will depend on Caicedo‘s family/agent activity - can they put more pressure on the club? Doubtful.

30% - Mitoma. think he will stay. Could be a cheeky and pointless £35m type bid from a club like Newcastle or Spurs but any club will have a tough battle to persuade Tony Bloom…don’t see the big boys parting with mega bucks quite yet…

20% - Ferguson. Hugely admired by big clubs but think they will wait another season when his position may be more flexible.

Reactions: A1X

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
RDZ should just instruct Mitoma to stop diving.

It’s killing dangerous attacks.

And unlike Kane, he’s shit at it!
Not sure diving is the issue. It's his decision making that's the problem. By contrast Enciso's has improved considerably :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Everyone assumes there will be a mass exodus of players and/or manager in the summer but I do wonder if this is true.
I'm not sure fans are expecting a mass exodus, but losing a couple of key players, like Ali and Moises, would be painful.

The club does everything right, and then the big clubs basically steal it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not sure diving is the issue. It's his decision making that's the problem. By contrast Enciso's has improved considerably :)

I’d normally be reluctant to admit an Albion player dives, but from the NS right in front of us it he keeps doing it. He makes these incredible runs jinking past two oafs, then it appears he’s looking to be brought down. But the challenge never occurs, at most mild brushing.

Mid-20’s may be too late to master the cheating of Grealish, Kane and Fernandez.

He’s so good, just carry on and pass it into the 6 yard box for team mates.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I'm not sure fans are expecting a mass exodus, but losing a couple of key players, like Ali and Moises, would be painful.

The club does everything right, and then the big clubs basically steal it.
Please excuse the hyperbole! Of course it won’t be a mass exodus but reading MSM as i do you could be forgiven for thinking we were going to scavenged in the summer. I honestly think that if we make Europe this happy band of brothers will see the progress the club is making and will want to hang around for a bit. Imho>

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I’d normally be reluctant to admit an Albion player dives, but from the NS right in front of us it he keeps doing it. He makes these incredible runs jinking past two oafs, then it appears he’s looking to be brought down. But the challenge never occurs, at most mild brushing.

Mid-20’s may be too late to master the cheating of Grealish, Kane and Fernandez.

He’s so good, just carry on and pass it into the 6 yard box for team mates.
I know fans of any team tend to brush over it when their own players are guilty, but I find looking for a foul or trip just as annoying as straight up (or down) diving.
Just try and score or pass to somebody else to score.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here