Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Players leaving?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
The media rarely deals in facts. 95% of chatter is no more than the average football fan could make up in the pub. People are paid to take a whisper of a rumour, add in some numbers and names and create a 'fact' so they get paid, sites get clicks etc. Ali Mac to Liverpool is gaining traction as more and more believe it or think fans will click on it. He may love Brighton, but may consider Liverpool a great next career move for more pots and glory. Do it right and he gets my blessing and thanks and Albion get another huge windfall. But I am long past believing all I read as a done deal.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
was discussing this just now with man u , liverpool , chelsea fans ....all mates and very pragmatic except for the price ....."why would we pay 80 million for a player you only paid 6 million for" was the question .....all i had to say was Maguire , Vandyke and Mhudryk and i think they got the picture .....if we give the existing squad a 10 - 15 % pay rise across the board it would be interesting to see who stays , the dirty red bastard said that his nephew is a real estate agent in Huyton(sic?) and reckons McAllister's bird has been up there looking at properties ...i called massive BS but he stood by it.
Mac split up from his misses about two months ago!

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Maybe she’s moving to Liverpool then and he’s staying put!
If you are a premier league footballer ther are a lot nicer places to live than Huyton, most Liverpool players live around Formby.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I think a lot hinges on us making Europe. I think most of our players would want to be part of a European adventure, partly for the experience and partly because a good showing would make them much more appealing to bigger clubs further down the line.

A player like Enciso would probably command a 30 million price tag now, a decent performance in Europe probably doubles that and in turn provides a life changing signing on fee

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I agree with you - but you and I don't think like a PL footballer earning £50K a week and looking for £100K a week. Their minds work differently form ordinary people!
Talk for yourself. If a bigger company with more chance of success and progression comes in and offers to double my salary, I’m sure as hell taking that job.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
She’s run off with an Estate Agent!

I can only assume the EA is upping sticks and moving to Argentina to be with her
Really ? She’s been back in Argentina since they split

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Mac split up from his misses about two months ago!
I owned a house on the Liverpool border with Huyton. It is NOT the kind of location a footballer will buy a house. There are a few very good middle class type properties there, I have a friend in one still and it's an amazing house for a 'normal' person who is very well off. But most of the area is very very poor.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
She’s run off with an Estate Agent!

I can only assume the EA is upping sticks and moving to Argentina to be with her
Maybe she wanted to move to Liverpool and goes up there looking for houses.
It all kicks off when she gets home as Alexis loves Brighton.
Massive row. Upshot being he dumps her.
She heads back to Argentina, her Liverpool dream in tatters.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I owned a house on the Liverpool border with Huyton. It is NOT the kind of location a footballer will buy a house. There are a few very good middle class type properties there, I have a friend in one still and it's an amazing house for a 'normal' person who is very well off. But most of the area is very very poor.
Slight tangent - I’m just reading Liverpudlian Olympic athlete Anyika Onuora’s autobiography about living in Dingle and the vicious, relentless racism her family encountered on a daily basis, their car set on fire outside their house, every house window constantly bricked, and this wasn’t even that long ago - the 1990s into the Millennium. Appreciate it’s not unique to Liverpool, but for a city that prides itself on looking after its own it’s a shocking read.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If you are a premier league footballer ther are a lot nicer places to live than Huyton, most Liverpool players live around Formby.
I was going to say this as well. This is about as believable as an estate agent in Crawley claiming a Premier League WAG had been looking around houses.

As for the general subject of the thread, we’re possibly going to be playing a load of extra games next year and will need more experienced first-team players, so the last thing we need to be doing is selling a load of our core team.

I think most rumours are driven by the wishes of Big-6 fans rather any reality. The perception that #teamslikeBrighton need the money ignores the fact that we made 24m last year and will be making over 100m profit this year.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Slight tangent - I’m just reading Liverpudlian Olympic athlete Anyika Onuora’s autobiography about living in Dingle and the vicious, relentless racism her family encountered on a daily basis, their car set on fire outside their house, every house window constantly bricked, and this wasn’t even that long ago - the 1990s into the Millennium. Appreciate it’s not unique to Liverpool, but for a city that prides itself on looking after its own it’s a shocking read.
Yeah that's terrible. It's slightly surprising though in that area as Toxteth and The Dingle are both in L8 which is the most racially diverse part of Liverpool. I have friends in the area who are black or mixed race and I hope they don't suffer the same persecution.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I've said it before, but I think 2 from Caicedo, Mitoma and McAllister will go this summer.

Those 3 players could get into any midfield in the world in my opinion.

Anyone thinking that all the comments about the squad being one big happy family and players happy here means they won't move on if given the opportunity, is very nieve.

Bloom has always said that if a valuation is met the club will not stand in a players way if they wish to move, and when a Manchester United/Liverpool/Real Madrid come knocking offering £150k a week, I can assure you they will want to go, regardless of how nice the lasagne is at Donatellos.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I've said it before, but I think 2 from Caicedo, Mitoma and McAllister will go this summer.

Those 3 players could get into any midfield in the world in my opinion.

Anyone thinking that all the comments about the squad being one big happy family and players happy here means they won't move on if given the opportunity, is very nieve.

Bloom has always said that if a valuation is met the club will not stand in a players way if they wish to move, and when a Manchester United/Liverpool/Real Madrid come knocking offering £150k a week, I can assure you they will want to go, regardless of how nice the lasagne is at Donatellos.
If they wish to move and it also benefits / suits the club, the latter being the salient point.

I’ve always had the view that we’ve told Moises we won’t let them both leave in the same window / season so here’s a new contract to help you and the club for another year and we are open for you being next at the end of next season (if a suitable offer comes in)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I think the signs are there that Alexis is off to Liverpool, and that bit of business could be done swiftly. I don't think the fee will be far off £80mill.

Mitoma - I think he has not been at his best and shown signs of tiredness after 35 matches, but compare that to say Mo Salah (47 matches), Jarrod Bowen (46 matches) or Bukayo Saka (44 matches) who are still very consistent. I'd argue he needs another season here to improve mentally and physically, otherwise he could find himself a Top 6 bench player, which would be a shame for him and the Premier League.

Lining up Joao Pedro is smart business from the Albion, as he could potentially come in if Mitoma left.

As for Caicedo, you would hope that the Ecuador / South American thing and European football might be enough to make him stay for another season. It's unlikely, but could happen if you factor in the strong possibility that both Chelsea and Spurs could miss out of European football and are in total disarray.
Perhaps Mitoma needs to add a few pounds to his body, as Tossard did over time.
Easily knocked off the ball, and added bulk did help LT.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Perhaps Mitoma needs to add a few pounds to his body, as Tossard did over time.
Easily knocked off the ball, and added bulk did help LT.
And to stop bloody diving ALL the time now in the penalty box :(

Becoming more than a little frustrating watching his antics recently - does he not realise that VAR check every penalty decision and if he/us are given a penalty but he's dived, it will just get over-ruled......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here