Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings vs Leicester (H)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Why do people always rate Hammond so low, ok so he didn't spin round 4 players only to lose the ball outside the box, he did have a very constant match, providing some great through balls, on leading up to Lualua's goal...

These rating always revolve around who get closest to scoring rather than players that are consistent and play as part of the team

I'm a fan of Hammond so no negative bias from me but I thought he was poor yesterday (as most were) ... my main criticism of his performance was that too often he would be receiving the ball and tracking back towards our own goal. I was looking to him to make something happen as clearly both Dave and Orlandi were having relative shockers

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Can't quite believe some of these ratings, especially early in the thread- what game were you watching!?

Greer was woeful and almost cost us a goal had it not been for a freak save. 4

Hammond was further off the pace than usual and reached a new level of obviousness about his play. 4

Lopez and Orlandi both looked complacent and lacked any real urgency. Both 4

Everyone else levelled out at an average 6 apart from Kaz, Kusczcak and perhaps Liam. They were the only 3 that actually turned up.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
I know I'll prob take a keyboard beating BUT (owing to Baseball Opening Day for my 9 year old) I had to miss the game live yesterday. No worries as I could DVR the game and watch it last night (which I did around 11pm my time). I avoided knowing the score and sat with real anticipation of an Albion win. Anyway, and to fast right to the end, I thought we played very well. I think both teams showed skill, energy and determination. Yes, I wish Ulloa had scored and that Caldes effort wasn't cleared off the line. It would have been for the defence to clear before letting them score BUT it was no shame to draw 1-1 with a team with a deeper squad than us. Look at our bench (Vicente removed) and you can see that injuries and lack of depth are hurting us.

Looking at the run in, where will the 3 wins and 2 draws come from? Every game now looks very difficult. Will Leeds with nothing to play for capitulate? I doubt it. Blackpool are a menace even with 10 men. Wolves may well need to win to stay up and Middlesborough won't be easy on their patch.

I for one, while dreaming about playoffs, have expectations squarely in the Championship next season.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average player ratings

Bridcutt 7.56
Kuszczak 7.35
Greer 7.04
Upson 6.76
Bridge 6.44
Calderon 6.17
Ulloa 5.99