Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings vs Leicester (H)

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Kuszczak - 7. Not an awful lot to do, but a few good saves in there.

Calderon - 7.5. Pretty good performance, could've scored again but for a goal-line clearance.
Greer - 8. Calm and composed.
Upson - 7.5. Also generally solid, but hesitated allowing James to score.
Bridge - 7.5. You could tell he was tired, but he still had a good game considering.

Bridcutt - 8.5. [Insert same description for the last 10+ matches here]
Hammond - 5. A few decent moments but - along with most of the team - looked quite lost for long periods of the game.
Lopez - 5.5. Not one of his best performances.
Buckley - n/a
Orlandi - 5.5. Thought he'd get taken off in place of Vicente to be honest, not very effective today.

Ulloa - 6. Outmuscled a lot by Morgan today but held the ball up well a few times and some good defensive headers. Shame he was playing upfront alone because he found himself with the ball a few times with no one to play the ball forward to.

----------

Lualua - 8.5. Pretty threatening and probably could've scored another. Great to see him back on the scoresheet though. Did he pick up a knock?
Vicente - 7.5. Definitely sparked us to life a bit after a dire first half.
Barker - n/a

Thought our general performance today was frustrating, the number of times we gave the ball away to let Leicester create a chance flattered them a bit, they were still probably the better side overall though.

Very good account .Can't argue with any of the above. Think Gus got out of jail with Buckley having to be substituted. He has been poor for weeks and although Lua Lua will make mistakes, he definitely causes the opposition more problems. He was poor in the first half, but looked the most likely to make things happen in the second. He even admitted he was below par in the radio interview. A shame some of the other players can't be so honest when they have a bad game. Hammond Orlandi and David were very poor today. You can carry one person in midfield but not three.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Kuszczak - 7 - Some good saves, no real chance with the goal.

Calderon - 6 - The odd mistake here and there, looked off the pace for the last 10/15mins.

Greer - 7 - Solid at the back, some wayward passes but nothing major.

Upson - 8 - Don't remember him putting a foot wrong, do remember many calm/tidy touches to teammates/safety.

Bridge - 6 - Started well but seemed to tail off.

Bridcutt - 7 - Tidy, solid, the usual.

Hammond- 6 - Lack of pace showed but a lot of movement throughout, went forward a lot to cover Ulloa coming back.

Lopez - 4 - At times made more effort to avoid tackles than it would have taken to go in for them. Where's last month's version gone?

Orlandi - 6 - Some nice passes but generally subdued.

Buckley - N/A

Ulloa - 6 - Lots of ground covered, would've got a 7 but first touch seemed off throught the 90 and lost possession because of it.

Subs:

LuaLua - 8 - Good goal and seemed quite happy to take on their defence on his own. Set up Ulloa for a great chance as well.

Vicente - 7 - Came on, scared them, nice touches...it's Vicente.

Barker - N/A - Didn't see enough, feel harsh giving any sort of mark.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Can't believe the ratings Calderon has got. Even that header didn't entitle him to more than a 5. To be fair though Orlandi and Lopez were as poor and I rated Hammond a 4. I would have rated Upson and Bridge a 6 and Bridcutt and Ulloa a 7. Greer looked composed for an 8 and Kazenga the same not only for the goal but for his sheer persistence. Thought Kush looked a steady 7 but had a wobble just before half time when he could have easily been chipped when he rushed out.

My abiding memories from today were Hammonds complete lack of vision when passing and poor Leo getting battered when receiving the ball with nobody making themselves available for the lay off or flick on. Ultimately, he looked very isolated and it shows we still need another striker.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Kuszczak-9 MOTM
Calderon-7
Greer-7.5
Upson- 7.5
Bridge-7
Bridcutt-8
Hammond-5
Lopez-5
Orlandi-6
Buckley- Not on long enough
Ulloa-6

Subs:
LuaLua-9
Vicente-8
Barker-N/A

Laulua a NINE?! Did you actually go to the game: & if so, were you actually looking at the pitch?

Deary me.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Kuszscak 7

Calderon 4
Greer 6
Upson 5
Bridge 5

Bridcutt 7
Lopez 4
Orlandi 4
Hammond 5
Buckley n/a

Ulloa 5

Subs:

Lua Lua 7
Vicente 6
Barker n/a

The best so far. Posters are giving out ratings far far too high. We spent the game not even competing for long periods. They were up for it, us, we were waiting for something to happen. We continue to hold on a play off position due to others and not by our form or rather lack of it!

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Yes and Yes to both questions.

Looked our most dangerous player and was exciting on the ball, despite his poor crossing.
AND he scored.

Firstly, I'd like to say how pleased I am that he won us a point today. He finally hit a final, decisive ball - after managing to get himself into great positions with the ball during the match:eek:nly to play a final ball that a Sunday morning pub player would be gutted with. There's no doubt in my mind he has a great turn of pace & often looks impressive when running with the ball at his feet, but to me he currently completely lacks the skill & composure to become a quality act. I sincerely hope I'm wrong (& nobody will be more pleased to eat humble pie if he develops into a top player), but I certainly ain't holding my breath tbh. :shrug:

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Firstly, I'd like to say how pleased I am that he won us a point today. He finally hit a final, decisive ball - after managing to get himself into great positions with the ball during the match:eek:nly to play a final ball that a Sunday morning pub player would be gutted with. There's no doubt in my mind he has a great turn of pace & often looks impressive when running with the ball at his feet, but to me he currently completely lacks the skill & composure to become a quality act. I sincerely hope I'm wrong (& nobody will be more pleased to eat humble pie if he develops into a top player), but I certainly ain't holding my breath tbh. :shrug:

I agree his crossing has been poor, but he has the ability to beat most fullbacks in this division, if he was more consistent then he would be a much better player. But for me today, he was exciting on the ball.

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I agree his crossing has been poor, but he has the ability to beat most fullbacks in this division, if he was more consistent then he would be a much better player. But for me today, he was exciting on the ball.

Fair enough. :thumbsup:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Upson was at fault for the goal, he kicked it needlessly out of play that lead to the goal that in turn he should have then defended better. 4 times he hoofed the ball into the crowd when he could have just kept calmer. **** knows where all these 8's are coming from

In that instance the ball was going through to TK but wasn't going to reach him before a Leicester striker could reach it so Upson took command, rightly so and kicked it out of play. The problem came with the long throw into the box which wasn't dealt with by our defenders properly.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Tomas -8- couldn't do anything about goal. Made some unorthodox saves
Calde -5- worst first half hour performance I've seen all season. Nearly made up for it by scoring but cleared off line
Greer -8- best defended on pitch
Upson -6- looked nervous
Bridge -6- gave ball away cheaply
Bridcutt -8- made some great challenges
Hammond -8- not usually his biggest fan but put in a great shift today and was instrumental in goal build up
David -6- quiet. Game passed him by
Buckley N/A
Ulloa -6- missed a sitter from 6 yards!
Orlandi -6- didn't influence game too much

Kaz -7- find him so frustrating! Too many stepovers! Poor crosses aswell.
Vicente -7- his first touch is brilliant. Came on when we were under pressure and relieved the defence
Barker -6- didn't do much. But looks energetic

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
In that instance the ball was going through to TK but wasn't going to reach him before a Leicester striker could reach it so Upson took command, rightly so and kicked it out of play. The problem came with the long throw into the box which wasn't dealt with by our defenders properly.

And in fairness to upson for the goal, the ball shouldn't have come to him. Two players (one of theirs, one of ours) would have been expected to get their heads to it, he had no time to react to them both missing it before it bounced off him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes and Yes to both questions.

Looked our most dangerous player and was exciting on the ball, despite his poor crossing.
AND he scored.

So if Ulloa was a 10 against Huddersfield, as a benchmark, you though LuaLua today was a smidgen below that? :lol:

Even the Albion loyalists around me in WSU who get angry with anyone slagging an Albion player off, were yelling out that LuaLua was shite.

SeagullSarge

Jul 8, 2012
Why do people always rate Hammond so low, ok so he didn't spin round 4 players only to lose the ball outside the box, he did have a very constant match, providing some great through balls, on leading up to Lualua's goal...

These rating always revolve around who get closest to scoring rather than players that are consistent and play as part of the team

griff9

Mar 17, 2009
brighton
The best so far. Posters are giving out ratings far far too high. We spent the game not even competing for long periods. They were up for it, us, we were waiting for something to happen. We continue to hold on a play off position due to others and not by our form or rather lack of it!

agree with this!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Kuszczak 8
Bridge 6
Upson 6
Greer 5
Calderon 7
Orlandi 6
Bridcutt 6
Hammond 6
David 5
Lua Lua 7
Ulloa 6
Vicente 8

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Lua Lua's crossing was much better today. Anyone who says he can't cross a ball didn't see his performances when he first joined us. We should commit more players forward to get on the end of them. There was one chance he put on a plate for Ulloa that he should have scored with yesterday.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
We looked like a very very tired team. Think injuries and suspensions have now taken their toll. The same 12/13 have played a lot of matches now.

Kuszczak 6 - Even he looked to have caught the negativity from the rest of the team
Bridge 5 - Didn't look fit to me
Upson 5 - Mistake for the goal
Greer 5 - Whole defence were dreadful today
Calderon 5 - See above
Orlandi 6 - Non-existent
Bridcutt 7 - How he must have felt when all around him men were drowning
Hammond 4 - Please be more decisive and act not think about it for a while. Every 50-50 in midfield becomes their ball.
David 5 - Looks knackered
Lua Lua 8 - MOM, scored and created a tap-in for Ulloa. Our only attacking weapon at the moment even though he is wasteful
Ulloa 6 - Very isolated, missed a sitter and a header I thought he would do better with
Vicente 6 - Not fit

Leicester are a good team on paper but came into the game woefully out of form. Probably our worst performance of the season has probably given them some confidence for the run-in.

I really can't understand anyone giving them 7s and 8s through the team. We couldn't string a handful of passes together, there was no movement to create attacking opportunities and every player looked like he was running through treacle.

Now have a big fear we are going to blow it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here