Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings - Albion v CP (22 Feb 21)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
In fairness to Ali J his blocked shot was going in. Keeper was going the wrong way.
It was a good deal better than anything lallana managed.
Hell of a block from Cahill, who was man of the match for me (Ayew ?? What the actual ****?!!?)

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Sanchez - 6
Veltman - 9
White - 6.5
Dunk - 6.5
Burn - 6.5
Bissouma - 5.5
Alzate - 2
Gross - 6
MacAllister - 6
Trossard - 6
Maupay - 5

Lallana - 5
Wellbeck - 6
Jahanbaksh - 2

Potter 6

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Rob Sanchez N/A - nothing to do on the goals and nothing to do beside the goals

Joel Veltman 9 - very good, got a bit tired the last 10 but can't really blame him for that considering how much he ran tonight. Good defending, good crosses, nice goal.
Ben White 5 - first half was pretty poor as he didnt pick out the passes he needs to do against a collected defense, better in second half but the mistake lowers his grade. Wont blame him for the first goal as he did the right thing, it was a brilliant finish from their striker.
Lewis Dunk 7 - not too much to do making it difficult to give him a higher grade but did what you could expect.
Dan Burn 7 - generally a good performance, its usually not the end of the world that someone gets past you one time to make a cross and its not simple as a wing-back to be able to track back and catch their striker when you lose the ball in a dangerous area, its on Ben White that one. Too bad it actually was the end of the world today, but still not a bad performance from BDB who created lots for the team.
Steven Alzate 6 - I'm surprised by his pretty decent defending but becomes a bit of an alibi in attack as is often the case when you are a right footed player playing to left or vice versa.

Yves Bissouma 6 - first half was quite poor by his standards with a lot of wonky passes, but better in the second half when he had a deeper role. Not his most memorable game.
Pascal Gross 8 - as usual a bit under the radar but did really well dictating play linking up nicely with Veltman over and over again. Another great performance from Pascal.

Alexis Macallister 5 - very poor first half with a bunch of heavy touches and never found his way into the game.
Leandro Trossard 6 - didnt find any spaces whatsoever in first half but it got a little better once CP had another striker to deal with. Not as good as he's been recently, had plenty of opportunities to do more.

Neal Maupay 7 - good performance as usual, hard work, clinical passing and always moving to create spaces for teammates. Could have made more with the chance he created for himself.

Adam Lallana 6 - brings an extra dimension and made several nice passes but at the same time I think he was a bit too direct in his play making it pretty easy for Cahill and Kouyate. Two good chances but no goal unfortunately.
Danny Welbeck 6 - as usual not really involved as he was chilling with their central defenders but at least got a decent ability to find dangerous opportunities in the penalty area (4 shots tonight), hopefully that could result in one or two more goals this season.
Ali J N/A - played too little to get a grade and he should be very happy about it because that was not good. Potter brought him on to utilize his shooting & crossing against a collected CP defense but pretty much all he did was to give the ball away.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am going to be slightly controversial and go against the extremely low scores for Burn tonight.

I know a lot of people on here don't like him but Dan Burn was like Superman in the first part of the second half. He was all over the pitch. He has a fair bit of skill for a giant

I know it's fashionable to jump on the bandwagon but he really doesn't deserve the 2s 3s and 4s some are giving him.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sanchez 5 - didn't have a lot to do but failed to do anything when called upon

Veltman 9.5 MOTM - immense display let down by the shite he has to work with
White 2 - done on the first goal, played the last 5 minutes like he was drunk
Dunk 4 - not his usual commanding self
Burn 2 - another of those weeks where he looks like a competition winner
Alzate 3 - did **** all

Bissouma 5 - a rare anonymous game
Gross 5 - also anonymous but that's not as rare
MacAllister 3 - did **** all

Trossard 6 - showed some endeavour, no edge
Maupay 4 - had his chances, keeps making bad choices

Subs:
Welbeck 6 - probably our most adventurous attacking player, could have had a hat-full if our passing was better
Lallana 2 - everything he touched turned to shit
Jahanbakhsh 1 - gets 1 for making his way to the ground (presumably) unaided

Ok I'll bite.With those scores,you are saying that, apart from Veltman who I agree had a great game, the entire team had a dreadful 90 minutes, probably the worst this season? They must have really had their backs up against the wall. Worst than Leicester away in the league?

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Sanchez - 4 Called into action to pick the ball out of the net.

Veltman - 9 MOTM
White - 3 His pathetic error created something out of nothing. Wasting attacks before that.
Dunk - 5 A mixed bag imo. Some suicidal moments near the centre circle, only just recovering.
Burn - 3 Sorry his fan club, I thought he was shite for the opener, he screwed up several forays forward.

Bissouma 6.5. Awful first half, measured second.
Alzate 2 Out muscled, half asleep, a little man out of his depth tonight.
Trossard 5 Not at the races first half, single handedly ruining our attacks. Big improvement after the break.
Mac Allister 7 He was surprised at his substitution, so were we.
Gross 6

Maupay 2 God he was awful at everything.

Welbeck 2
Lallana 2
Jahanbakhsh 2

if we were that awful - who was it creating all those chances?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
if we were that awful - who was it creating all those chances?

Partly explained by some really poor first half performances eg Trossard, Bissouma and Gross, who were excellent for 30 minutes in the second.

A genuine question - should player ratings be based on the entire game, or a great spell where we outclassed them? Shirley the entire game.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Rob Sanchez N/A - nothing to do on the goals and nothing to do beside the goals

Joel Veltman 9 - very good, got a bit tired the last 10 but can't really blame him for that considering how much he ran tonight. Good defending, good crosses, nice goal.
Ben White 5 - first half was pretty poor as he didnt pick out the passes he needs to do against a collected defense, better in second half but the mistake lowers his grade. Wont blame him for the first goal as he did the right thing, it was a brilliant finish from their striker.
Lewis Dunk 7 - not too much to do making it difficult to give him a higher grade but did what you could expect.
Dan Burn 7 - generally a good performance, its usually not the end of the world that someone gets past you one time to make a cross and its not simple as a wing-back to be able to track back and catch their striker when you lose the ball in a dangerous area, its on Ben White that one. Too bad it actually was the end of the world today, but still not a bad performance from BDB who created lots for the team.
Steven Alzate 6 - I'm surprised by his pretty decent defending but becomes a bit of an alibi in attack as is often the case when you are a right footed player playing to left or vice versa.

Yves Bissouma 6 - first half was quite poor by his standards with a lot of wonky passes, but better in the second half when he had a deeper role. Not his most memorable game.
Pascal Gross 8 - as usual a bit under the radar but did really well dictating play linking up nicely with Veltman over and over again. Another great performance from Pascal.

Alexis Macallister 5 - very poor first half with a bunch of heavy touches and never found his way into the game.
Leandro Trossard 6 - didnt find any spaces whatsoever in first half but it got a little better once CP had another striker to deal with. Not as good as he's been recently, had plenty of opportunities to do more.

Neal Maupay 7 - good performance as usual, hard work, clinical passing and always moving to create spaces for teammates. Could have made more with the chance he created for himself.

Adam Lallana 6 - brings an extra dimension and made several nice passes but at the same time I think he was a bit too direct in his play making it pretty easy for Cahill and Kouyate. Two good chances but no goal unfortunately.
Danny Welbeck 6 - as usual not really involved as he was chilling with their central defenders but at least got a decent ability to find dangerous opportunities in the penalty area (4 shots tonight), hopefully that could result in one or two more goals this season.
Ali J N/A - played too little to get a grade and he should be very happy about it because that was not good. Potter brought him on to utilize his shooting & crossing against a collected CP defense but pretty much all he did was to give the ball away.

It's laughable how biased you are.

You know criticism of Burn inevitably leads to criticism of Potter so you desperately try and shift the blame to other players.

Just be honest, Burn was our worst player tonight and the most at fault for our defeat and move on.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

You know criticism of Burn inevitably leads to criticism of Potter so you desperately try and shift the blame to other players.

Just be honest, Burn was our worst player tonight and the most at fault for our defeat and move on.

He wasnt. I dont care what you think.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Partly explained by some really poor first half performances eg Trossard, Bissouma and Gross, who were excellent for 30 minutes in the second.

A genuine question - should player ratings be based on the entire game, or a great spell where we outclassed them? Shirley the entire game.

Player ratings are generally bollocks on here.

If a goalkeeper has marshalled his defence all game but hasn't had a shot to save they get marked down.

The only way a goalkeeper gets top marks is if he has to make a save. I've stopped reading them years ago.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

You make a good point there Westlander. It should be the entire game. However It never ceases to amaze me when someone has a very steady game, makes one mistake, and goes from an 8 to a 2.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You make a good point there Westlander. It should be the entire game. However It never ceases to amaze me when someone has a very steady game, makes one mistake, and goes from an 8 to a 2.

There are various methodologies.

Some people refuse to dish out a 0 to 3. Someone once told me on here that I had it all wrong, 6 is the minimum. I ignored that.

If a defender’s error or lack of positioning leads to a goal or two that cost us a game, I will mark low. It’s not mitigated imho by some promising forays forward. To me a defender’s number one duty is to defend, attacking is a bonus.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sanchez Not involved

Veltman 8
Dunk 5
White 4
Burn 7
Alzate 5

Groß 5
Bissouma 6
Mac Allister 6

Trossard 4
Maupay 2

Welbeck 5
Lallana Not involved
Jahanbakhsh not involved

Insufficiet intensity first half.
Insufficient paying a****in tention second half.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

What a load of crap. If we put any of our numerous chances away we wouldn't be picking on the defenders. As I mentioned earlier, Burn was all over the pitch, supporting the attack, at the start of the second half. Even the Sky commentators mentioned it a fair few times.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sanchez Not involved

Veltman 8
Dunk 5
White 4
Burn 10 MOTM POTS BALLON D’OR
Alzate 5

Groß 5
Bissouma 6
Mac Allister 6

Trossard 4
Maupay 2

Welbeck 5
Lallana Not involved
Jahanbakhsh not involved

Corrected for you, Dan.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sanchez Not involved

Veltman 8
Dunk 5
White 4
Burn 7
Alzate 5

Groß 5
Bissouma 6
Mac Allister 6

Trossard 4
Maupay 2

Welbeck 5
Lallana Not involved
Jahanbakhsh not involvedI might

I might give Gross and Dunk an extra point but I will go along with this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here