Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player of the season

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Veltman, Dunk, Bissouma. In that order.

If it was based on the second half of the season I’d say Dunk, but Veltman has been consistently brilliant all season.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Another vote for Biss. Arguably our only player who could walk into just about any other EPL club's line-up and when he does we'll realise just how very special he's been. I know it's not the subject of the thread, but has there ever been a better mid-fielder at the club? Honourable mentions for Dunk, Veltman, Lamptey, March, Tross, Gross.......... and - oh, bugger it - just about anyone who's put the shirt on this season.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Veltman for me.

The other contenders have had a season of two halves.

BISSOUMA looked lost for form for a time. Dunk was out of sorts last year and as good as Sanchez has been surely POTS actually has to play over the majority of the season.

Add a poll

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If Bissouma doesn’t win it comfortably then I’ll be livid. He’s been our best player by a country mile.

2nd in the entire league for tackles. 9th in the entire league for interceptions. Only Dunk (and Alzate in a lot less minutes) have successfully completed a higher percentage of passes. And if there was a “finding space when you have no right to” then he’d bet top of that too. Bissouma is the heartbeat of this side. Bridcutt won POTS twice in a row and if I’m honest Yves is much more important to our team than Bridcutt ever was.

He should be our POTS and the sadly we’ll lose him to a CL team where he will continue to make whoever he plays against look like children chasing their dad around the back garden, with no hope of ever winning the ball really. He’s going right to the top, the very very top. Just trying to enjoy in an Albion shirt whilst I can

With you, and a few others here. I posted early on in this thread, and mentioned all those that deserved it, but I'm stunned that there are so many people not saying Bissouma.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I would go with Veltman, been pretty much faultless since coming in.

I think I will go for Veltman as well. Not only faultless but in multiple positions across the back as well. And he also owned Jack Grealish which was a joy to watch.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think I will go for Veltman as well. Not only faultless but in multiple positions across the back as well. And he also owned Jack Grealish which was a joy to watch.

Grealish wasn't fit in that game, so it wasn't quite as good as you make out. He hasn't played since and it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he wasn't at the top of his ability when they played us.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Grealish wasn't fit in that game, so it wasn't quite as good as you make out. He hasn't played since and it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he wasn't at the top of his ability when they played us.

I wasn’t aware he was unfit when he played against us. The rest of my post holds though.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
not many mentions for Ben White. He has been absolutely rock solid all season. Im not saying he should be player of the season but i would say he would be on the list. Between Biss, Dunk, Veltman and White for me. Lamptey and march would have been in there but for injuiries and Wbster must be close as well. TBH Gross has had a very good season as well. I think Biss just edges it. Is there anywhere that shows averaging ratings over the season?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
If Bissouma doesn’t win it comfortably then I’ll be livid. He’s been our best player by a country mile.

2nd in the entire league for tackles. 9th in the entire league for interceptions. Only Dunk (and Alzate in a lot less minutes) have successfully completed a higher percentage of passes. And if there was a “finding space when you have no right to” then he’d bet top of that too. Bissouma is the heartbeat of this side. Bridcutt won POTS twice in a row and if I’m honest Yves is much more important to our team than Bridcutt ever was.

He should be our POTS and the sadly we’ll lose him to a CL team where he will continue to make whoever he plays against look like children chasing their dad around the back garden, with no hope of ever winning the ball really. He’s going right to the top, the very very top. Just trying to enjoy in an Albion shirt whilst I can

I have to say I'm a bit confused by all this mentioning of people not named Yves Bissouma.

Bissouma surely. An absolute stand out.

This, this and this. Just can’t understand how anyone can contemplate anybody else.

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
for me the standout players have been.
1 - Sanchez
2 - Gross
3 - Veltman
Honourable mentions for Biss, Lampty,Solly and Dunk

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Veltman, rarely puts a foot wrong, so self assured, winds up the oppo, brings confidence to the team, happy to play wherever for the team, chose to come here as he would have options if he’d touted himself about.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
for me the standout players have been.
1 - Sanchez
2 - Gross
3 - Veltman
Honourable mentions for Biss, Lampty,Solly and Dunk

Agreed.

SGV&B . . .can't decide, all 4 superb, it's not over yet.

L a work in progress, SM almost showing the promise before snappage and Dunk back to form.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This, this and this. Just can’t understand how anyone can contemplate anybody else.

Biss has had a truly fantastic season. But Veltman ever so slightly edges it for me as he’s been a bit more consistent and across multiple positions. I will not argue against anyone who says Biss is the player of the season though.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Big bad Biss by an absolute country mile. Dunky has been awesome of late and Veltman has impressed. For the record Bissouma has played all but 2 league games, Veltman has missed 6 games!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here