Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player of the season

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
On a related note, when is the PFA Player Of The Year announced? They also do the divisional teams-of-the-year too so it will be interesting to see how many Albion players make the cut...Especially as it is voted for by fellow pros.

Oh and I would go for Bruno, by the way...

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Between Kayal and Bruno for me with Stockdale a definite 3rd. Would probably go Rosenior 4th even though he was injured for a bit then Hemed at 5th.

I'd probably say Kayal just pips it.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
On a related note, when is the PFA Player Of The Year announced? They also do the divisional teams-of-the-year too so it will be interesting to see how many Albion players make the cut...Especially as it is voted for by fellow pros.

Oh and I would go for Bruno, by the way...

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Interesting this one. I think that Bruno will be the only Albion player to make that side.

Still think Kayal pips him as POTS though.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Kayal or Stephens for me. Those two in central midfield compliment each other brilliantly.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Voted Kayal ....immense contribution and I don't think we have seen the best of him i.e. I think he would be score more goals in a different midfield set up where he does not have to do so much work.It was a tough choice between him and Bruno ( been a fan since day one) only hope the club keep him on as some form of player/training role because his technique is fantastic, best at the club.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I voted for Kayal because I think he has been just about the most consistent player. Bruno and Stockdale have also been excellent all season and either of them would also deserve to win the award. As others said, other players have had spells when they were unplayable but for sheer consistency Kayal, Bruno and Stockdale will be top three.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Voted Kayal ....immense contribution and I don't think we have seen the best of him i.e. I think he would be score more goals in a different midfield set up where he does not have to do so much work.It was a tough choice between him and Bruno ( been a fan since day one) only hope the club keep him on as some form of player/training role because his technique is fantastic, best at the club.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Bruno. However great he has been this season, I'd be surprised if he plays much if we go up. However, if we don't go up, who do you choose for full backs between Rosenior, Bong and Bruno? Rosenior won't get much playing time on the wing as we've got a lot of players there so I'd be tempted to play him at right back and Bong at left back, but that is very harsh on Bruno.

Loftslaces

Apr 6, 2016
Graffham
Bruno for me - he thinks he is Messi - he makes a few mistakes along the way - but he has a great beard!:bowdown:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Bruno

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Interesting how many regard the beard as a fundamental criterion by which PotS is decided. On that basis, Bruno's a shoo-in. I've voted for Kayal, though. Sentiment, whether he'll get another chance, facial hair, etc - yes yes yes. All very well. But for me Kayal has still managed to stand out as quality in a side which has played consistently well more or less all season. Take him out of the side and look what happens. Absolutely pivotal player.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Still think we're voting too early with so many pivotal games left, but have gone for Bruno, just shaded it for me because he's also taken on the captaincy with typical grace and gusto. Equally happy if Kayal or Stockdale wins though.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Kayal for me... when he is missing things just don't seem to gel the same...
While that's true, as has been pointed out, that's more to do with our lack of cover at central midfield than how good the first choice player is.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This just seems like we're being asked:-

"Which one of your triplets do you love the most"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here