Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player of the season

Kayal by a mile

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
I'm torn between Bruno and Kayal. It's a close run thing for me.

Bruno has been immense.

However, I am getting pissed off with his constant clinging on to players at set pieces.It cost us the first goal today.

So another vote for Kayal

strangersam

Dec 20, 2015
Got to be Bruno.
He radiates confidence throughout the defence. We would not be the same team without him

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Bruno
Kayal
Stockdale
Murphy
Hemed
In that order, for me. It says a lot that Hemed has gone quite so under the radar when he's our top scorer by a street (and likely to outscore Ulloa at this level), and Murphy who has fulfilled the Buckley role of goalscoring winger, but without twanging a hammy every other week. The top 3 have been fantastic this year and will deservedly take 1, 2 & 3.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not voting yet, could be any one of a few so will wait until a few more games have passed. Kayal was brilliant today though.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Kayal for me for sure, but hats off to Bruno and his performances this season as I was pretty critical of him last season

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If we get promoted, giving a player of the season award to one player doesn't feel right, there are too many who deserve it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Voted Bruno. Yes Kayal is the king of Israel, but Bruno is a god. Kayal will still be great next year, Bruno should be recognised for defying physics and getting better at retirement age.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
For purely tactical reasons I vote BRUNO

I agree both Stocko and Kayal are just as worthy of the honour HOWEVER I know that Bruno is realistically not going to have too much more time with us, or any club, and it would be lovely to see him given some official recognition for the service he's given us, and this excellent season in particular.

This also means that Kayal remains just that bit less in the spotlight. I know how tempting it can be for other clubs to just pluck the stand out players from a team who've enjoyed a very successful season and when all the dust has settled on this season, wherever we end up, there will be clubs sniffing around our squad. Kayal is well capable of playing in the Premier League, and at 27 has plenty of years left in him to give a good return for a buying club. Let's not draw attention to him. There'll be plenty of opportunity for him to pick up the award in future seasons, should we be lucky enough to keep hold of him.

How many Shrewsbury players would you have been itching for the Albion to sign? I personally couldn't name any players in their squad, but signing their player of the season has turned out to be an absolute masterstroke. Awards like this put players in the spotlight, so lets keep Kayal out of it for now

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Kayal, i sent them my top 3.
I reckon they should do that and have points.
1st - Kayal
2nd - Bruno
3rd - Rosenior
Even though i think Goldson would have won it for me if we signed and played from game 1, the guy is PURE CLASS.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bruno here too. Agree Kayal is most important player but just feel individually Bruno has been immense...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here